Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

35 minutes ago, stillwater said:

Let’s do a United get an old player that knows the club and the fans adore let him manage till the end of the season if he’s Magic we keep him if not we go for Rogers, he’s Magic you know.

Cambiasso had some needle with some of the older guard, I remember seeing Vardy in his book say that the players weren't too unhappy to see him leave.

That said, I think in the future he could be our manager. Jose Mourinho spoke very highly of him in that he was a real leader on the pitch that understood the game and saw the picture. Something we all saw for ourselves during his time here... his physicality was on the decline but his mind was as sharp as ever. I think he'd need a coaching job before he took over with us, but it does seem like he has passed his badges:

Retirement[edit]

On 8 September 2017, Cambiasso announced his retirement from professional football, two months after his contract with Olympiacos expired. Cambiasso's success in the official UEFA A Licence examinations in Coverciano, subsequently allowing him to take up an assistant role in Serie A or B or head coach role Serie C in the future, influenced his decision to retire from the game.[33][34]

He also was involved with the Colombian national team setup before the world cup:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5783843/Esteban-Cambiasso-takes-Colombia-coaching-role-World-Cup.html

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

My guess is we'll go all out for Rodgers, and probably tempt him with many pound notes.

Failing that, an interim caretaker like Appleton. He'll probably bring Shakespeare with him as Assistant lol

Someone that knows the club and the players, it was only 8 - 9 months ago that Appleton was here anyway and probably still on payroll.

Lennon, Moyes and Big Sam can jog on.

• Like 1

I think Brendan has to be the stand out candidate for the permanent job, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club get someone from abroad which I've never heard of.

Think the most sensible thing to do now is find a caretaker until the end of the season - anybody's guess who that will be.

Neil Lennon was a failure at Bolton in the Championship and then at Hibs. 

Look at that fellow coaching Norwich German Daniel Farke, seems to me he going to be poached some time or later by a top 6 Premier league club. Norwich top of the Championship, he done wonders with them and they are playing great football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

He looks a picture of happiness lol.

I'm against us having a manager, it s a job we can do for free from FoxesTalk, weekly (or daily) polls can sort out the team for matchday, Babs and High Peak and can do the media stuff, they both know some big words and would soon put the interviewer in his (or her) place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

He looks a picture of happiness lol.

I'm against us having a manager, it s a job we can do for free from FoxesTalk, weekly (or daily) polls can sort out the team for matchday, Babs and High Peak and can do the media stuff, they both know some big words and would soon put the interviewer in his (or her) place

@StriderHiryu can do the tactics

• Like 1
  • Haha 2