Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

24 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

I’d hope we are looking wider than just the usual managers who have Prem experience ie Moyes, Martinez etc. It’s a gamble but which managerial appointment isn’t a gamble. I’d hope our board are continually scouring the top 5 European leagues for possible future managers like players. However I don’t get the impression they do. 

I’d consider Gasperini from Atalanta or Giampaolo from Sampdoria. Both keen on bringing through young players and play attacking football. However I worry our players would struggle adapting to a manager from a league where there is much more tactical discipline. 

22 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Gasperini, huge shout. Doing wonders with Atalanta, based on huge work ethic plus a bit of flair. 

Pretty sure Gasperini, Giampaolo (or Montella, I've seen him mentioned here too) are all unable to speak fluent, or even basic English. I doubt we'd go down that route again given a big problem with Puel, both with fans and if media is to be believed, the players, was communication.

Edited by RoboFox

Now that he's dipped his toes in to management, would anybody fancy a bit of Frank lampard? 

Not only would he be able to persuade ligit talent to come here I think he has a passion of how football should be played. I know he's only learning the ropes but I would wager he will become manager of Chelsea one day 

The problem with the interim is that the player will actually start performing and the manager will look really good and then we could end up with Neil Lennon being offered it full time :( exactly what happened with Shakespeare.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Dont know what to make of that.

Yes he failed in the championship but at Leicester he would have  much better players to work with.

Always liked him as a player just dont know what to think as a manager.

So realistically who we got going for us until the summer.

Lennon.

Pearson.

Appleton.

Stowell.

Redknapp.

Pullis.

I think I'd rather have the legend who built the club to what it is today in Nigel Pearson tbh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Crispin LA said:

So first we get Lennon as intrim manager then we get rid of him and appoint Brendon. 

We are going to look abit silly then. 

Why ?

We have looked silly since we appointed Claude Puel.

In fact Claude puel could be the only manager to take over Celtic and instead of winning the league he get them relegated 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Why ?

We have looked silly since we appointed Claude Puel.

In fact Claude puel could be the only manager to take over Celtic and instead of winning the league he get them relegated 

So what do we do if Lennon a success as intrim manager, do we keep him on or ditch him for Brendon. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It’s not gonna be Lennon, 100% will be Appleton. Makes the most sense.

Makes most sense to me too. Wonder if he would be open to coming back in at an assistant level long term as well... sounds like the issue was with him and Puel rather than him and the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Dont know what to make of that.

Yes he failed in the championship but at Leicester he would have  much better players to work with.

Always liked him as a player just dont know what to think as a manager.

So realistically who we got going for us until the summer.

Lennon.

Pearson.

Appleton.

Stowell.

Redknapp.

Pullis.

I think I'd rather have the legend who built the club to what it is today in Nigel Pearson tbh.

Solskjaer did sod all at Cardiff and hasn't pulled up many trees at Molde either. People are now raving about him at Man Utd. Its funny what working with a better calibre of players can do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Makes most sense to me too. Wonder if he would be open to coming back in at an assistant level long term as well... sounds like the issue was with him and Puel rather than him and the club.

Exactly, only spoken positively about everything other than Puel. Makes the most sense to bring him back and if successful keep him involved with us in some capacity.