Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

Betting market is interesting

We have 11 games left.... Interim count as permanent after 10 games

2 games in quick succession might mean no interim until 9 games left.

So do you stump for brendan or go for interim?? lol 

Edited by AjcW

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

No, no, no, no and no

i don't have a problem with him. we don't usually have a kamikaze defence so he wouldn't be doing his usual stuff of sorting it out from the back. he has played decent stuff with many of his teams and he is forward looking re sports science and a good man manager.

very surprised if he has said he is interested as an 'interim'. that tells me that he believes we have a tremendous squad and he would do so well for the remainder of the season that we would offer him the post permanently.

is kevin Nolan too old to do a job in midfield !!!

• Like 2

Just now, rachhere said:

? less than a year ago. He's going to know the players better than anyone else who might come in. 

He might know the players but he's never done anything to suggest he's worth giving 9-10 games in charge of a Premier League club. Plus we binned him off for another coach, and now that we've sacked the manager we're going to go back to him, cap in hand, and ask him to come in short term till the end of the season? Just don't see it happening to be honest.

If we're going to have an interim appointment till the end of the season I'd rather have an experienced manager who doesn't know the players, than an inexperienced manager who does.

the problem with having an interim manager is that if we win 2-3 games then suddenly people start wanting that guy permanently, public pressure grows and we can then be left with a manager who might not be up to the job long term once  new manager syndrome has worn off. id like them to announce a deal for say rodgers to take over next season and Lennon to see us over the line for this season but with the premise of making it absolutely clear that it’s just temporary.

28 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Pretty sure Gasperini, Giampaolo (or Montella, I've seen him mentioned here too) are all unable to speak fluent, or even basic English. I doubt we'd go down that route again given a big problem with Puel, both with fans and if media is to be believed, the players, was communication.

Probably right, but im assuming whatever we do it’ll be in the summer now, so they’ll have time to learn English...

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Betting market is interesting

We have 11 games left.... Interim count as permanent after 10 games

2 games in quick succession might mean no interim until 9 games left.

So do you stump for brendan or go for interim?? lol 

Find a bookie where interims don't count. Or better still don't touch the market with a barge pole given the above uncertainty :)

• Like 1