Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

22 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Maybe when Hartson sees him he will apologise for himself and Sutton's arsehole behaviour because stirring up anger and trouble like they have been doing encourages sad little scum bags to break into houses as has happened. Football management is a high paid job but with very little security. Lose the title get knocked out of the cup and he could have been sacked. Same risks here but double the pay and the chance to go further. He will not be the first or last person to leave a job in search of something hopefully better for themselves. Sad that we have a whole industry where people earn a living bad mouthing and inciting anger towards others. 

I suspect knowing that a house is likely to be empty is a larger factor .....

if if they had just trashed the place then fair dos but if it’s a burglary then I’m sure the atmosphere up there has nowt to do with it 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I suspect knowing that a house is likely to be empty is a larger factor .....

if if they had just trashed the place then fair dos but if it’s a burglary then I’m sure the atmosphere up there has nowt to do with it 

Apparently always travelling around the world with Celtic so plenty of opportunities while he was there 

2 hours ago, katieakita said:

Apparently always travelling around the world with Celtic so plenty of opportunities while he was there 

12 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

His wife and step daughter barricaded themselves in the bathroom!!!

disgraceful behaviour and targeted

Yes - this brings a different perspective to it and will certainly affect the managers planning for the weekend as I’m sure he would have spent today up there and will need to sort out the safety of his family before he can return to the training ground and concentrate on his work 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

He'd already cleared everything valuable out of his Glasgow home ahead of the move down here. All that was stolen was the worthless stuff he didn't feel the need to bring with him to Leicester. A load of Scottish Cup and SPFL Winners medals probably.

Any Scots on here may be offended..:whistle:

@Vacamion et al, do you agree with this opinion? :D

Whatever parochial views your typical supporter has on the relative importance of sport in the world and their lives seems tenfold worse from the Celtic crowd - jilted lovers show more decorum and perspective. Pathetic. 

16 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Any Scots on here may be offended..:whistle:

@Vacamion et al, do you agree with this opinion? :D

I'm only offended that you bundled me in with the Scots. 

English and proud.   

Still have (quite a lot of) my Leicester accent, thankyou very much. 

:englandsmile4wf: :scarf:

:P

BBC Scotland reporting this evening mainly on what a shock it was that a burglary occurred in a very posh area of Glasgow like Bearsden. 

Reported that his medals and stuff from his time at Celtic were taken, so it does look like a spite job. 

It's a shame his poor missus and stepdaughter were in the house when it happened.   

You can imagine how that would shake Brendan up more than the loss of a few trinkets. 

:(

• Haha 1

Just got round to watching his press conference before the Watford game.  never really warmed to him in the past and for some reason I still need convincing but he does speak very well and says all the right things and he genuinely seems to have brought it to our vision.  Fingers crossed he pushes us to the next level.  X

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just got round to watching his press conference before the Watford game.  never really warmed to him in the past and for some reason I still need convincing but he does speak very well and says all the right things and he genuinely seems to have brought it to our vision.  Fingers crossed he pushes us to the next level.  X

I feel exactly the same and am always wary of people who appear trained in the way of the sound bite because, having worked with a few, many of them haven't got the substance to back it up, they just talk a good job. That having been said, he's our new manager and has my full support. Neither do I expect him to do a Solskjaer because I think he has some genuine problems to overcome here playing staff wise. Neither can you expect to implement your ideas through the players in a couple of weeks. Like under Puel, the summer transfer market, incoming and outgoing will be critical and getting the right players isn't going to be easy. We did well last summer I feel. I think in fairness to him it will take two windows but,  with a good one this time we could do a lot better next year and be challenging for a top 7 place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I feel exactly the same and am always wary of people who appear trained in the way of the sound bite because, having worked with a few, many of them haven't got the substance to back it up, they just talk a good job. That having been said, he's our new manager and has my full support. Neither do I expect him to do a Solskjaer because I think he has some genuine problems to overcome here playing staff wise. Neither can you expect to implement your ideas through the players in a couple of weeks. Like under Puel, the summer transfer market, incoming and outgoing will be critical and getting the right players isn't going to be easy. We did well last summer I feel. I think in fairness to him it will take two windows but,  with a good one this time we could do a lot better next year and be challenging for a top 7 place.

It's ironic/bizarre/sad that having this ability in bold would have sated the naysayers regarding Puel for a while I think...

• Like 2

At Liverpool he finished 7th his first year. After being appointed in the summer and starting the process of changing the teams style of play they went  1st half  WLD 6-7-8  2nd half 10-3-6. The learning curve can be tough to watch at times but he's setting this team up to compete toe to toe with anyone in the world. They just didn't get it at Celtic. Have patience it will come. 

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

At Liverpool he finished 7th his first year. After being appointed in the summer and starting the process of changing the teams style of play they went  1st half  WLD 6-7-8  2nd half 10-3-6. The learning curve can be tough to watch at times but he's setting this team up to compete toe to toe with anyone in the world. They just didn't get it at Celtic. Have patience it will come. 

Oh aye, we're ****ing massive at the old 'getting things' and 'patience' larks.