Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

James play left or right wing, if left he isnt going to trouble Barnes is he.

Left, right or centre. Same as Barnes really, both fairly flexible. 

Leeds screwed the pooch a bit really because the reality for them now is they missed the boat. He's got a queue of premier league clubs looking at him already. 

We have been linked but sadly it was only HITC otherwise I'd start a thread with a serious chub on. 

• Like 2

Yeah it's thought he'll go pretty cheap. Man City were linked with him for less than Leeds had to pay. Like seven or something. 

The assumption is that he won't sign an extention at all, he's pretty annoyed that the move didn't go through on deadline day. 

Keep in mind, as much as I'm thrilled he's representing Wales and as much as he made his breakthrough at Swansea he's not exactly a local Jack lad who loves the club. 

He's a Yorkshireman and a Hull youth product. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Us and Spurs linked with him on Wales Online.

Wales Online is less reliable than the Mockery. It's just click bait crap taken from other places. 

It gets mocked openly and is even banned from a couple rugby groups I read. 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wales Online is less reliable than the Mockery. It's just click bait crap taken from other places. 

Spoilsport 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I bet them rugby groups are a good laugh ??

On 25/03/2019 at 14:50, OhYesNdidi said:

I’d be shocked if we weren’t in for Jarrod Bowen this summer. We desperately need a right sided player and his contract runs out in 2020. 

Signing the best young players in the Championship is usually a good strategy especially if they're British players.

On 04/04/2019 at 14:34, surrifox said:

Noah looks about 8 years old 

4BB2EE54-E688-4DF1-8AB5-478A8A50814B.jpeg

I don't know what it's called so I can't google it but there's a Muppet that's got like a squashed up angry baby face that literally looks exactly like that.

On 28/02/2019 at 13:13, Fox85 said:

Hmmm.

Let's see I think hes going to get a lot thou. Top wants to push for it now i guess have to wait and see

Our net spend the last couple of seasons has been low. Puel made do with the sale of Mahrez and bought some crackers - Ricardo, Maddison, Evans, Tielemans Wow

19 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

As I stated in the Mitrovic thread, Sebastien Haller from Frankfurt is one player I seriously hope we move for.

Frankfurt are a better place to be right now than Leicester. Practically guaranteed EL and probable CL next season, in a very strong and improving team. I would be shocked but very pleased if we managed to buy him. 

55 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Frankfurt are a better place to be right now than Leicester. Practically guaranteed EL and probable CL next season, in a very strong and improving team. I would be shocked but very pleased if we managed to buy him. 

Frankfurt are probably the most exciting team in Europe right now. Ok, theres others possinly better but they are liquid gold. I see us trying to emulate what they are doing but it'll be hard to do.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

We probably need some cover at both right back and left back - both of Norwich’s full backs Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis look like great prospects 

Dont think theyd leave a team where theyre going to be Premier league starters next season to sit on our bench.

Rodgers has been very clear - our problem is lack of goals. We have Vardy and Maddison scoring regularly. Our wingers are hit and miss - though I think since Albrighton has really been pressed by Puel to shoot more, he is coming up with more goals (plus a consistent 7 assists per season for three seasons). The top 6 each have two deadly wingers who score regularly, like Mahrez was for us. The only proven killer winger in the PL who we can lure is Big Ryan Fraser. 6 goals, 10 assists - by the end of the season he should have created 20 goals and that exactly fills the Mahrez gap. Fraser, Albrighton, Gray, Barnes - enough competition an depth to play the Europa league. 

1 hour ago, lcfcfan97 said:

Rodgers has been very clear - our problem is lack of goals. We have Vardy and Maddison scoring regularly. Our wingers are hit and miss - though I think since Albrighton has really been pressed by Puel to shoot more, he is coming up with more goals (plus a consistent 7 assists per season for three seasons). The top 6 each have two deadly wingers who score regularly, like Mahrez was for us. The only proven killer winger in the PL who we can lure is Big Ryan Fraser. 6 goals, 10 assists - by the end of the season he should have created 20 goals and that exactly fills the Mahrez gap. Fraser, Albrighton, Gray, Barnes - enough competition an depth to play the Europa league. 

It's almost not worth pursuing PL players who are big players for their respective teams. Have we ever signed a regular PL player with a hostile bid?

We can get the best players from relegated teams or sign PL players whose clubs welcome a bid but we can't really sign the better players from PL clubs as it's a sideways step for most and players like Fraser aren't going to throw the teddy out the pram because he didn't get "his big move" to Leicester. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1