Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We have 30 players on the books.. Getting rid of the deadwood should be a priority

Rudkin needs to hire a team of Lumber-jacks with industrial chain-saws.  There is an Amazonian rain-forest that needs clearing. Going to be very difficult to move some given the golden contracts.

On 20/03/2019 at 22:24, foxes21 said:

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic - use iversen or Johanssen as 3rd choice

Pereira, Simpson, Amartey, Chilwell, Fuchs - amartey as 2nd choice RB, let Fuchs join his family in US but would need LB , maybe Ughelumba?

Maguire, Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu, Benkovic - loan out if all others stay

Tielemans, Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy, James, King, Silva - at least 2 of these have to go (as much as it would break my heart to see King go)

Barnes, Albrighton, Maddison, Gray, Ghezzal, Diabate - send out on loan, could still come good?

Vardy, Iheanacho, Okazaki, Slimani - let Shinji get 1st team football somewhere, get rid of slim, bring in 1 striker.

On 07/03/2019 at 23:30, Devonfox1884 said:

If it were as simple as football manager I’d be going:

IN:

Jarred Bowen (£20m)

Youri (£25m + Silva)

Morelos (£20m)

Jonas Knudsen (Free)

Lewis Dunk (£15m)

OUT

Wes (Free)

Fuchs (Free)

Shinji (Free)

Simmo (Free)

Jakupovic (£500k)

James (Free to get off wage bill)

Kingy (£3m)

Ghezzal (£5m)

Silva (Part/ex for Youri)

Slimani (£5m)

Elder (£500k)

If only it were that simple lol 

I think it's nearly all simple and possible. But Slimani lol lol lol lol lol lol what drugs? lol lol

My little wishlist:

Youri in

Lozano in

Roofe in if leeds don't make it, perfect understudy for Vardy and he's class

someone for backup at leftback, maybe even Ryan Sess in as winger, who could shift there if Chilly picks up a knock, price would probably be a bit too daft

Tarkowski or Lascelles in, Tarkowski very tidy centre back, deserves better than that little runt club and they'll most likely going down, if not Lascelles, from east mids as well, came through Forest's youth, couldn't write a better Wes replacement.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

My little wishlist:

Youri in

Lozano in

Roofe in if leeds don't make it, perfect understudy for Vardy and he's class

someone for backup at leftback, maybe even Ryan Sess in as winger, who could shift there if Chilly picks up a knock, price would probably be a bit too daft

Tarkowski or Lascelles in, Tarkowski very tidy centre back, deserves better than that little runt club and they'll most likely going down, if not Lascelles, from east mids as well, came through Forest's youth, couldn't write a better Wes replacement.

With all these suggestions of signing CB's are we developing Pulis Decease?   He had around 15 in his squad at WBA.

• Like 1

Watching England U21's last night, Mahmoud Dahoud had a superb game for Germany. He ran the show and could be worth a look if we can't get Tielemans. His career has stalled at Dortmund after being the next big thing at Gladbach. Fits the sort of profile we would look at.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

With all these suggestions of signing CB's are we developing Pulis Decease?   He had around 15 in his squad at WBA.

We've only got 3 reliable centre backs at the moment, with the potential of us not having 2 by the end of the next summer window. Tbf writing that, I did forget about Benkovic, turkish lad seems between a rock and a hard place. 

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

We’ve got 5 CB’s haven’t we? Two starters, two to blood in and Wes! Looking okay to me - would rather a back up to the RB LB positions (sorry I still can’t rate Amartey) A winger and a striker and Youri would be most excellent.

Would pretty much agree with this except od prioritise ANOTHER CM as well as Tielemans. Someone similar to Youri in style of play because we would be one injury away from a Ndidi/Mendy/Hamza CM and we've witnessed this season that two DCM's don't work so I'd sign Tielemans and someone else. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Would pretty much agree with this except od prioritise ANOTHER CM as well as Tielemans. Someone similar to Youri in style of play because we would be one injury away from a Ndidi/Mendy/Hamza CM and we've witnessed this season that two DCM's don't work so I'd sign Tielemans and someone else. 

Tavares

• Like 1

Leicester City are adamant that Manchester United target Harry Maguire, 26, and fellow England defender Ben Chilwell, 22, who has been linked with Manchester City, will not be sold. (Mirror)

And Rodgers wants Fuchs for another year as well.

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't really know much about him. Only saw the ofd clip but I suppose it's a possibility.

Rodgers seems like he wants to keep the majority of the squad together, even the ones who appeared to be leaving this summer so I dont see how we can bring many more in. 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers seems like he wants to keep the majority of the squad together, even the ones who appeared to be leaving this summer so I dont see how we can bring many more in. 

But I also can't imagine he would have come here without the promise of funds...

It doesn't add up does it lol

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

But I also can't imagine he would have come here without the promise of funds...

It doesn't add up does it lol

Rodgers isnt one for keeping things quiet but he did say a couple of times in his first press conference that he hadn't discussed budgets or transfer plans but you'd be surprised if they hadn't at least discussed the ambition which requires a lot of investment.

I think we will have to sell someone to get in Tielemans, a new striker and a winger. Our wage bill pretty much covers our whole revenue and Morgan has just signed a new deal and if Fuchs does, that only leaves Okazaki, Simpson and Benalouane off the wage bill which I bet is only around £6-7m a year. Iborra has also gone and Silva will but I bet Slimani is going to be difficult to shift after 2 abysmal seasons.

I think either Top is going to pump some in, or we are going to be cutting our cloth accordingly.