Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I completely agree in terms of Gray. He's just not progressed since getting here. I was comparing more in the sense of consistency and decision making. Given the two I'd probably prefer Forrest but for the money Celtic would want, I feel there are better options out there (Bowen, Fraser). I agree about Forrests Scotland form however. Hes been excellent the last few games. 

Rogic is an interesting one. No doubt he has the quality to change games but no matter how much quality you have, you can't change a game when you're sitting on a bench, blowing out your arse, which hes guaranteed to be doing for 20 minutes every game. 

Agreed on Rogic, that's basically the reason he's still at Celtic, all things considered I'm willing to put up with that given he's a luxury we can afford in Scotland given the opposition.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

I'd like to see us make a loan offer for Schürrle. He's out of favour at Dortmund, and has experience in the Prem. We probably can't afford another "big" signing if we get Tielemans, so I think this would be a cheap way to give us better wide options. His experience could also be useful for Gray & Barnes.

Wages are likely to be quite high, but as a short-term - and somewhat "safe" -  option, I'd like to see it happen. Hasn't been incredible this season, but he'd have more attacking opportunities here under Rodgers than he's had at Fulham.

This might be a bit left field but what about the lad Reiss Nelson at Arsenal.  He seems to have done very well in the Bundesliga and Arsenal will have to sell players to raise cash (apparently only have £40m to spend).  He certainly fits the profile of the sort of players Rodgers goes for, young, hungry, direct players who he can coach.

8 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

This might be a bit left field but what about the lad Reiss Nelson at Arsenal.  He seems to have done very well in the Bundesliga and Arsenal will have to sell players to raise cash (apparently only have £40m to spend).  He certainly fits the profile of the sort of players Rodgers goes for, young, hungry, direct players who he can coach.

We want Harry Wilson from Liverpool but can't see them letting him go.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We want Harry Wilson from Liverpool but can't see them letting him go.

He looks a very good player, Rodgers really likes him also, he tried to get him on loan at Celtic last season but Liverpool blocked it apparently as there is some animosity still between them and Rodgers and they were apparently not impressed with how he dealt with Musonda.

15 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

It's a shout, I'm 50/50 though,

I think Schürrle suffered from a case of "Peaked too soon" and didn't really live up to the hype after the 2014 WC. 

Saying that he'd be a great rotation player for a cup run, and provides a more experienced head on the wing. 

Go on Rudders work your magic.

Yeah I think you're right. I wouldn't feel confident bringing him in on a permanent deal this summer, but think he'd offer something different to our current wide players, and is a pretty low risk option. Wonder if Dortmund will want him to return as backup once Pulisic leaves though.

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He does look good. I wonder if we could do with a bit more experience among our attacking-minded players though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He looks a very good player, Rodgers really likes him also, he tried to get him on loan at Celtic last season but Liverpool blocked it apparently as there is some animosity still between them and Rodgers and they were apparently not impressed with how he dealt with Musonda.

Yes, I read that about Musonda and how it would scupper our move for Wilson, apparently we had lined this up when Puel was still here so perhaps it's still true.

I know it could be a gamble and probably already been mentioned but can't be arsed to look back through. But like the like look of Chukwueze from Villerreal. Fits the remit of being young and can play on the wing or through the middle. Might need a little time to adjust and Imo the guy clearly has talent and can be developed further.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Every time I’ve seen him play I think dani Parejo is a cracking player. Could be the profile of CM that Rodgers wants to challenge Ndidi 

Agreed, a tremendous player, my only concern would be sometimes players such as this seem to struggle in the EPL for one reason or another.

The classic case would Iborra for example, thought he looked a similarly superb player in Spain and thought he would be a very astute signing for you guys, but without having seen him too much in England it looks from the outside that he bombed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £43m

Youri Tielemans - £25m + Silva

Presnel Kimpembe - £30m

Rhian Brewster - £5m

Rico Henry - £8m

Victor Camarasa - £15m

Daniel Sturridge - free

Fikayo Tomori - £7m

Total = £133m

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Bartosz Kapustka (Championship or league 1)

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

Kimpembe would cost about double that and PSG would never let him go and using what Solanke went for as a yard stick then there's is more chance of hell freezing over than getting Brewster for £5m.

18 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £60m.

Youri Tielemans - £25m + Silva. This is possible.

Presnel Kimpembe - £55m

Rhian Brewster - £25m+ add ons.

Rico Henry - £15m.

Victor Camarasa - £15m possible.

Daniel Sturridge - free. Yep high risk.

Fikayo Tomori - £7m never heard of.

Total = £202m + add ons

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

Edited for you 

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Agreed, a tremendous player, my only concern would be sometimes players such as this seem to struggle in the EPL for one reason or another.

The classic case would Iborra for example, thought he looked a similarly superb player in Spain and thought he would be a very astute signing for you guys, but without having seen him too much in England it looks from the outside that he bombed.

That’s true, the issue is the physical ability needed to be a CM in England outweighs the technical needs. 

Basically we need Ndidi to step up his passing game.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

That’s true, the issue is the physical ability needed to be a CM in England outweighs the technical needs. 

Basically we need Ndidi to step up his passing game.

I think with Rodgers ability to develop players you'll see this happen pretty quickly.

19 hours ago, Foxes04 said:
19 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £43m

Presnel Kimpembe - £30m

Rhian Brewster - £5m

Rico Henry - £8m

Victor Camarasa - £15m

Daniel Sturridge - free

Fikayo Tomori - £7m

Total = £133m

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

Hate to crush dreams but Kimpembe and Costa would cost more then £130m alone.

Edited by Gav_LCFC14

20 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

In:

Douglas Costa - £43m

Presnel Kimpembe - £30m

Rhian Brewster - £5m

Rico Henry - £8m

Victor Camarasa - £15m

Daniel Sturridge - free

Fikayo Tomori - £7m

Total = £133m

Out:

Harry Maguire - £75m

Rachid Ghezzal - £10m

Papy Mendy -£15m

Kelechi Iheanacho - £15m 

Islam Slimani - £5m

Fousseni Diabate - £3.5m 

Andy King - £2m

Matty James - £1m

Callum Elder - £3.5m 

Danny Simpson - free

Christian Fuchs - free

Eldin Jakupovic - free

Shinji Okazaki - free

Total = £130m

Loan:

Caglar Soyuncu 

Darnell Johnson

Sam Hughes 

George Thomas

Josh Knight

Daniel Iverson

Kamal Sowah (Leuven)

You’d bring in EIGHT new faces to one of the tightest changing rooms in the league? That always works out well.