Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

John McGinn

Villa can go do one. I have not forgiven them yet for signing Jordan Veretout when we were in for him:ph34r:

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cujek
On 14/03/2019 at 11:58, mozartfox said:

Villa can go do one. I have not forgiven them yet for signing Jordan Veretout when we were in for him:ph34r:

I have forgiven them for that.

On 16/03/2019 at 17:48, Alf Bentley said:

There I was, a few days back, saying that the only thing missing from his game was a goal threat.....

He's scored 3 for Villa this week! lol

Being able to put your foot in it like that I have the ideal job for you. 

Become a football commentator. 

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2019 at 15:43, woznotwos said:

Anyone from Villa will be grossly overpriced , i think we can forget this one. They will just slap a 40 million tag on him .

Probably right. I think a cheaper and better option would be Mooy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched a lot of McGinn over the past few years, he's a very decent player but for the fees I've seen mentioned (£15-20m) I think it would be a crazy amount to pay for him.

I think he could hold his own at Leicester but I don't really see him improving your team all that much, I think technically and also his distribution in particular could be exposed a bit playing against a far greater standard of opposition in the EPL.

Celtic dithered on signing him in the summer, low balling their offer hoping his emotional attachment to the club would get him eventually make him sit tight and accept our offer when it came and it bit us on the arse when he got fed up and went to Villa.  That said, I wasn't at the time and am still not overly fussed on missing out on him as when everyone is fit I don't think he would play in our starting 11, McGregor (hands off btw!) for example is far better and greater technically.

Not that I want to lose him as he's a terrific player however if you have £20m to spend and you elect to spend that on McGinn as opposed to McGregor who I reckon we'd seriously consider selling at that sort of offer then I'd see that as madness.  McGregor has also performed at a far higher level, played superbly and scored goals in Europe against top sides like Bayern Munich, Leipzig, Monchengladbach, Zenit, etc.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Thanks 1