Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Guest SO1

As expected. Monaco will be looking for maximum value and wring out every last pound. We can't let this go until late in the window.

Plan B needs to come out quickly to show them we mean business or we could end up with nothing

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read that as it's going well here and he would like it to stay that way but until we make a proper move then he is likely going back there. I could have read that completely wrong though Haha.

Not sure how you could interpret that any other way really. So basically nothing agreed yet in terms of transfer so he will need to return to Monaco when the loan period ends, but personally he sees it that things are going well here and he wouldn't want to change that.  

• Like 2

He goes on to say we want to keep him and Man U and Spurs also have interest, but no official bids yet, so he’s just in limbo. Does this mean we have to agree a sale for Maguire before we bid I wonder, or possibly because of the complex negotiation with Silva involved too. Either way doesn’t sound like anything will be happening fast. 

11 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

It's not looking great.  Teams below are winning. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing if they go down??

monaco.PNG

Highly doubt Silva will be going to them permanently if they relegated, which is the only thing it will impact, can't really see it changing anything with regards to Tielemans

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Highly doubt Silva will be going to them permanently if they relegated, which is the only thing it will impact, can't really see it changing anything with regards to Tielemans

Also can’t see youri going back there to play in the 2nd division in France when he could play every game for a premier league club

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it could have huge implications. Currently we have the upper hand in that the player likes us and we have leverage with Silva. Let's say through a bidding war that Tielemans price goes up to 60m (definitely not unbelievable with all of Bayern, Real Madrid and Man United looking to invest heavily this summer), then we have possibly 15-20m worth of leverage meaning that we could pay 40m and get him and "save" some money for ourselves. If they are relegated then we'd have to pay the same amount of money as they wouldn't be able to take Silva and we'd then have to get Silva off the books who is one of our highest earners at the club. It's not impossible we could still get him, but it would be a much bigger challenge.

So in other words, COME ON MONACO!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :scarf::whistle:

Edited by StriderHiryu

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it could have huge implications. Currently we have the upper hand in that the player likes us and we have leverage with Silva. Let's say through a bidding war that Tielemans price goes up to 60m (definitely not unbelievable with all of Bayern, Real Madrid and Man United looking to invest heavily this summer), then we have possibly 15-20m worth of leverage meaning that we could pay 40m and get him and "save" some money for ourselves. If they are relegated then we'd have to pay the same amount of money as they wouldn't be able to take Silva and we'd then have to get Silva off the books who is one of our highest earners at the club. It's not impossible we could still get him, but it would be a much bigger challenge.

So in other words, COME ON MONACO!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :scarf::whistle:

I doubt at 30 yrs of age Monaco would value Silva at any more than 10m , I know I wouldn't. He's also on a high wage at the arse end of his career with no sell on value. He hardly dynamic either. If I was them I'd sooner be looking for cold hard cash and look for someone younger and better, wouldn't be that hard I would have thought.

If there’s likely to be a bidding war, it’s better that they stay up, so we can get the Silva trade in discount.

If there is no genuine bidding war, it’s better that they get relegated, as they will need the rebuild money more desperately so can’t demand ridiculous amounts. 

Unfortunately the other clubs’ reported interest is probably genuine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I doubt at 30 yrs of age Monaco would value Silva at any more than 10m , I know I wouldn't. He's also on a high wage at the arse end of his career with no sell on value. He hardly dynamic either. If I was them I'd sooner be looking for cold hard cash and look for someone younger and better, wouldn't be that hard I would have thought.

Yeah you are probably right, his price won't be very high given the lack of games he's played.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah you are probably right, his price won't be very high given the lack of games he's played.

That having been said 10m and being rid of him from the wage bill though a huge loss, would probably be good business in the circumstances. 

• Like 1

Monaco fans think they are down already:

Tonight we are in L2. This team plays 15 minutes in a game and takes at least 1 goal per game. We do not know how to win anymore. Caen will draw away (or even win) and win at home

The only thing that saves us from direct relegation is that Dijon will play in Paris and that's it

Tonight we get physically eaten by Nîmes who does not play anything ... In a week Amiens who is used to this kind of match will do the same and if Moanco continues to refuse the fight and to play the stars ... result is known in advance.

last 3 games tonight was the most important in my eyes and it's scary I do not see how we will get out!

The Russians have recruited donkeys and virgins hoping to make a value and they are made to have their own game.

they made a stable recruitment in winter but Fabregas is injured and Silva, Martins put themselves in the mold Daubesque.

Jardim with his immutable tactic has finished completing the team.

In any case we will have the place we deserve. That's all. We beat Amiens we stay in league one loses direction league 2. The biggest problem of this team is the middle. We do not have it so we lose and lose our games. There is no connection. It does not protect the defense and is not decisive in front. It is pierced like butter. You sell fabino and you prefer to save to take peeled ahoulou ...

19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He wants to come.

His agent wants cash.

Monaco dont want him.

Only a Monaco win and a Caen loss next week by quite a few goals each way will make relegation unlikely on the last day. 

Otherwise that goes until the last game 

let’s hope the fact he wants to come will force Monaco’s hand re selling to us.

shame Monaco couldn’t sort themselves out to be safe so we could get on with the deal sooner rather than later .....

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Monaco fans think they are down already:

Tonight we are in L2. This team plays 15 minutes in a game and takes at least 1 goal per game. We do not know how to win anymore. Caen will draw away (or even win) and win at home

The only thing that saves us from direct relegation is that Dijon will play in Paris and that's it

Tonight we get physically eaten by Nîmes who does not play anything ... In a week Amiens who is used to this kind of match will do the same and if Moanco continues to refuse the fight and to play the stars ... result is known in advance.

last 3 games tonight was the most important in my eyes and it's scary I do not see how we will get out!

The Russians have recruited donkeys and virgins hoping to make a value and they are made to have their own game.

they made a stable recruitment in winter but Fabregas is injured and Silva, Martins put themselves in the mold Daubesque.

Jardim with his immutable tactic has finished completing the team.

In any case we will have the place we deserve. That's all. We beat Amiens we stay in league one loses direction league 2. The biggest problem of this team is the middle. We do not have it so we lose and lose our games. There is no connection. It does not protect the defense and is not decisive in front. It is pierced like butter. You sell fabino and you prefer to save to take peeled ahoulou ...

All sounds very positive in comparison to here.

• Haha 1