Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

As far as spending is concerned, Arsenal won’t spend much, spurs dont spend much, Chelsea can’t spend anything. Liverpool probably won’t spend much nett as they will try and sell a few 

West Ham spent loads last summer (and Everton need to take a bit of a break) - so the two Manchester clubs apart and wolves who need a few in, its no surprise we will likely be up there re spend this window 

Why won't Arsenal spend much, or Spurs? Yet we will spend a load even though we have no Europe to generate money and a training ground and stadium to expand? Always tickles me how much we dismiss much bigger clubs than us in what they will do in the market.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why won't Arsenal spend much, or Spurs? Yet we will spend a load even though we have no Europe to generate money and a training ground and stadium to expand? Always tickles me how much we dismiss much bigger clubs than us in what they will do in the market.

I think Arsenal will spend big on a midfielder to make up for the loss of Ramsey hopefully that’s not Tielmans

• Like 1

They may spend big but if you were him would you really chose them over us? We are a club on the up, he clearly gets on with everyone and plays week in week out. If he goes to Arsenal there is a possibility he could hate it and maybe (slim but it could happen) they might even finish lower than us depending on what happens in the summer.

The worry would be if genuine top class sides come in for him, otherwise he surely picks us.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal don’t have much in their budget (apparently) .....maybe they’re just doing a ‘job’ on the market not to get ripped off ...... if they win the europa league then perhaps they will 

spurs will obviously spend but I don’t think it will be more than a couple of players 

our stadium and training ground investment are outside FFP.  

arsenal nett spend last five years is 260m which is third highest. Spurs is 28m which is the lowest. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

Edited by st albans fox

We should be drawing up the relevant paperwork now. Tielemans this way, Silva the other way, £30 million on top. Suits everyone and we have every reason to have this done almost as soon as we can. I honestly believe Tielemans would want to sign here but there’s no point risking anything by needlessly delaying it.

36 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

We should be drawing up the relevant paperwork now. Tielemans this way, Silva the other way, £30 million on top. Suits everyone and we have every reason to have this done almost as soon as we can. I honestly believe Tielemans would want to sign here but there’s no point risking anything by needlessly delaying it.

We should be drawing up the relevant paperwork now.

We should ..... maybe we have ..... but until stuff is agreed then it’s not set 

Tielemans this way, Silva the other way, £30 million on top.

30m won’t be enough ...:.:

35 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

The problem is with that, is you have used common sense. This is not the Leicester City way. We all know we dont do the simple things, we do it the hard way. Which is so bloody frustrating!!!

Still I live in hope to be proven wrong :fc:

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe send Slimani there too, after threatening them with that they might go for 30 plus Silva lol

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Monaco wanted £40 million, Silva is worth £10 million at least.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Monaco will want more than £40m after his half season here ......

I mean I can’t personally say what they’d want or wouldn’t want to be honest lol their last valuation is probably a good place to start however.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Congerton has apparently told the club he doesn't think Tielemans is good enough and has another player more suitable lined up in Karl Henry.

One of my favourite Mahrez memories was at the end of the Great Escape when we thrashed QPR. At one point Mahrez gets on the break and starts running at pace and doing stepovers as Henry shuffles backwards. Henry clearly just couldn't cope, because he wobbled backwards and just fell over.

• Haha 1

Guest SO1

The Bayern Munich rumour is our biggest threat. I have a bad feeling about this as they seem to be in need of serious rebuilding.

That and the report of them offering Chelsea 40 m for Hudson Odoi in the winter. Shows they are willing to drop some serious cash on the future. We'll see.

we should join bayern and bid for odoi and put the shoe on the other foot.  we havent invested £12m on a manager, £100 on a training ground and probably the same again on the ground just to be same old little Leicester.

Edited by Heymister2015

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

we should join bayern and bid for odoi and put the shoe on the other foot.  we havent invested £12m on a manager, £100 on a training ground and probably the same again on the ground just to be same old little Leicester.

£100 on the training ground won’t get us very far, a few new balls and cones maybe ?

people have to remember that tielemans has said he’s tried being at a big club and being a bit part player. he’s said at this stage of his career he needs regular football.

If there is a big club that will guarantee him first team football, then we have a problem.

but have people considered the possibility that Monaco might retain him and allow us to loan him until January/ next year?  his price would go through the roof if he keeps playing the way he is playing AND he’d be more ready for a top top side...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Congerton has apparently told the club he doesn't think Tielemans is good enough and has another player more suitable lined up in Karl Henry.

Double pivot with Lee Cattermole 

• Like 1

Wonder if there is come element of "horse trading" here?

Man Utd To LCFC we want Maguire

Man Utd To Monaco we want Tielemans

LCFC To Manu Utd if you bid for Tielemans, you cannot have Maguire

LCFC to Monaco you sell Tielemans to Man Utd you cannot have Silva

etc etc etc

...probably not....

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

etc etc etc

...probably not....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

etc etc etc

...probably not....

Actually that sort of thing does happen but maybe not on the lvl you mentioned.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

etc etc etc

...probably not....

Why would we do anything to impede unloading Silva?