Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was obviously just a laugh, Tielemans would need to be twice as good as he currently is to secure interest from Man City.

Think that’s an overstatement as soon as he works on effecting a game for a full 90 minutes he will a £80m player easily.

9 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Can't see him going Man C they have been linked with 2 other midfielders one is Fernandez from Sporting Lisbon, the other an attacking midfielder from Benfica.

One will replace Gundogan/Fernandinho the other will replace Sane. So yeah I can’t see where they’ll fit him in personally unless they get rid of Mahrez which Pep has already said he won’t be.

23 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

He certainly won’t be signing for Man City. He’s a luxury midfielder and watching today after one of our attacks he looked like he couldn’t be arsed to get back and defend. 

I can can see why Monaco didn’t want him for a relegation fight.

id love to sign him as I reckon he fits our system well but he’s far from perfect 

they were smart enough to cut off the supply to him. they saw him as our danger man.

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One will replace Gundogan/Fernandinho the other will replace Sane. So yeah I can’t see where they’ll fit him in personally unless they get rid of Mahrez which Pep has already said he won’t be.

The proposed Man City are attacking midfielders, it's a bit baffling where they want them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Was obviously just a laugh, Tielemans would need to be twice as good as he currently is to secure interest from Man City.

That would make him one hell of a player!!!

48 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The proposed Man City are attacking midfielders, it's a bit baffling where they want them. 

Unfortunately, Man city can afford to buy players just so no one else can buy them to play against them. I have half a mind that's what they did with Mahrez. Which is why young promising players like Tielmans so really think twice about going to a top club too soon.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, string the Eskimo said:

Unfortunately, Man city can afford to buy players just so no one else can buy them to play against them. I have half a mind that's what they did with Mahrez. Which is why young promising players like Tielmans so really think twice about going to a top club too soon.

They didn’t spend £60m on Mahrez so he couldn’t play for anyone else. 

• Like 1

I’m trying not to read into things here but that wink at the end is making me think he’s staying. 

Also, my phone tried to autocorrect to another word that’s similar to wink which would’ve put the message in an entirely different context. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, MrLuke said:

I’m trying not to read into things here but that wink at the end is making me think he’s staying. 

Also, my phone tried to autocorrect to another word that’s similar to wink which would’ve put the message in an entirely different context. 

Would make for a great atmosphere if we announced a deal agreed on Sunday lunchtime  ........  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 13:57, Papasmurf said:

I can see us ending up with a Kante situation on our hands at the end of next season. Release clause and everything.

Its better than not getting the player, sometimes a compromise has to be made.

We only had kante for one year, it sucked we lost him, but its still better than not have been able to sign kante at all.

This is a transfer we cant haggle on, it needs to be done very quickly or we wont get the player.  We basically need to be prepared to give everything thats asked for.

3 hours ago, MrLuke said:

Maybe if he said my last game at the KP wink

3 hours ago, MrLuke said:

This thread will only end in tears, which kind who knows.

If they didn’t do it originally, they didn’t do it. He just hasn't made the grade so far. 

If you bought some trainers you thought you’d wear often, wore them a few times but decided you don’t really like them that much, you didn’t buy them to shove in the cupboard did you? That’s just how it turned out. 

I don’t think it could be any simpler. 

As much as I'd like us to sign Tielemans, What we most certainly don't need is this deal dragging on for week after week. Either we get this done before the end of the month or we should move on.

The last thing we need is this deal effecting our other transfer business because of the money involved.

By dragging it out we could miss out on other targets.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Either we get this done before the end of the month or we should move on.

Ugh no, he should be top priority until his future is decided, we're more than capable of pursuing multiple signings simultaneously.

Paul Merson is urging Arsenal to sign him. Arsenal already have huge wage earners that they cant shift so splashing £50m on Tielemans is not gonna happen. 

44 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Ugh no, he should be top priority until his future is decided, we're more than capable of pursuing multiple signings simultaneously.

Capable yes , We;re definitely capable of doing multiple deals.. But with the other projects ongoing, We;re obviously working of a limited budget.

So by not knowing how much the Tielemans deal is going to cost. Surely means we're limited in how much we can spend on other targets.

Which also means we could miss out on some key targets.

We should have learned our lesson from the Silva debacle.

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Capable yes , We;re definitely capable of doing multiple deals.. But with the other projects ongoing, We;re obviously working of a limited budget.

So by not knowing how much the Tielemans deal is going to cost. Surely means we're limited in how much we can spend on other targets.

Which also means we could miss out on some key targets.

We should have learned our lesson from the Silva debacle.

The club have done a great job of lowering expectations......

have you looked at our net spend over the past five seasons compared to clubs like palace and Bournemouth and Brighton (they have spent more) ?   Even Newcastle are only 15 mill behind us. Everton and West Ham obvs more 

And we have had the influx of the winning season money plus the CL windfall.  the training ground can be paid for as an infrastructure project outside of FFP. This is where king power can put money in. 

The point is is that too many of you believe we need to sell to spend  .......we really don’t. We might but we don’t need to.