Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

To get Monaco to sell him to us now, it would take close to £45m IMO, they'd also want Silva at a cut price being 30 yrs old -  they'll probably value him at £12/13m. So we're looking at paying a difference of around £32m. I'd pay it, there is very little chance we'd find a player of his quality and age, that clearly fits into our system and has adapted already to the physicality of the PL. Plus securing him early, allows us to focus on a getting a striker, winger (preferably Daniel James) and LB to replace Fuchs if he leaves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1168169/matchday-minus-two-episode-28-featuring-youri-tielemans

The guys in the studio spoke to Youri, and it's a nice insight into the player.

I get the impression the club is doing everything it can to make him feel loved to we can sign him, which I think is a really smart thing to do. I think they all know that we can't pass up on him!

And another interview with him today:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1168537/tielemans-i-enjoy-every-day

That was brilliant. First one of these I've bothered watching, might have to tune into more!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxymcoxy said:

That was brilliant. First one of these I've bothered watching, might have to tune into more!

Ha, same feeling here! I actually really liked Matt Elliott in this one who came across both as an excited fan, but also trying to compliment the player and give him some reasons to stay around. Still being a real captain 20 years later!

I think the questions were quite good too. Interesting to see that Zidane is the player that inspired him because though he definitely has that ability to understand and run the game, he also for me plays bit more like a slightly deeper lying midfield schemer like Xavi / Iniesta or perhaps more like Modric as few teams play the Tiki Taka style that Barcelona and Spain do. But for me that is his real strength as a player, the ability to understand the game, be aware of the "picture" and to dictate the game accordingly. Only Camibasso for Leicester had that same set of abilities, but we got him at the end of his career so his mind had to do the work that his body could not. Tielemans has the physicality and the understanding and that's why he's such a talent. Honestly it might sound ridiculous but in this league only the Man City trio of Silva / De Bruyne / Bernardo are better at doing this IMO.

• Like 2

Not ready for the Premier League. Certainly not a team with European aspirations. Maybe in the future. 

We could sign him and loan him out to a Championship team.:ermm:

Man U/Spurs would be mad to take a chance on him...

11 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Rumours are that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room and has a hidden history of alcohol, steroid and recreational drug abuse.  He also has a dodgy heart, bad knees and galloping knob rot.

I'd advise all clubs to steer clear of this bad egg :ph34r: 

Galloping knob Rot lollollol 

I really shouldn't have laughed as much as I did. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Rumours are that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room and has a hidden history of alcohol, steroid and recreational drug abuse.  He also has a dodgy heart, bad knees and galloping knob rot.

You forgot to mention the virulent airborne strain of genital herpes

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Ten minutes left, all subs used, we’re a man down to injury, the physio is asking who’s used all the penicillin. Vardy pipes up - “Tielemans sir - he’s got knot rob off some tart”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQJ2jnxT6ovQiiC9vjdOp

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I saw Youri Tielemans at Morrisons in Leicester yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

If your story is true then push it out there (more) as its really shocking.

If your story is false, then you're a sad knob and stay in your bedroom for longer.

• Haha 3