Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

29 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Any of you surprised? Hes being touted around to the highest bidder and who's offering the best package for him and his agent. 

Start a go fund me, I'll put £20 in.

• Like 2

Interesting interview with Youri on SSN today. Basically enjoying it here, has to assess his options, difficult not knowing where he’s going to be living next year. Everything you’d expect him to say of course. Hopefully we can move mountains to get him here permanently 

Oh man this is going to painful until well into the summer isn't it? Fingers crossed he just absolutely loves it here and we make him feel truly wanted. We can get him, we just need to show him why we're what he needs and he's what we need.

Now can some ITKs please just give me so hope, false or otherwise. Pretty please.

I think we have a genuine chance securing Tielemans. Unlike most player's of his age he's already had his big move and it didn't quite go according to plan so I imagine that in his mind it is vital he gets his next move right.

If he takes a gamble and does move to a larger club than us and he ends up warming the bench he'll struggle in 3/4 years time to secure a move to a club of our stature as he'll have limited resale value so may well end up seeing out the remainder of his career at one of the lower half clubs in the big 4 European leagues.

If on the other hand he makes the move to us and performs as he has been I see no reason why in 2/3 years he wouldn't be attracting interest from some of  Europe's elite club's which would probably make more sense financially. 

• Like 2

Think now's the time to get him and his agent to either commit to us with some sort of pre- agreement or we don't play him anymore. We have seen how good he is and how he fits, we're now just increasing his price and making other teams aware of how good he is. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up. It's clear he is a blazing talent. Not making Europe could go against us. He was with World Cup semi finalists and Champions League teams after all.

If there is a slight chance of signing it's that he does not look to be a 90 minute player a la Hazard or Pogba. The top 6 might look at this and decide not to take a chance.

All the same if he does go then he leaves us in a very good position a la Cambiasso. The way we line up right now is what we were crying out for after Mahrez. Any transfer targets will be looking at us the last month and relish the prospect of playing alongside Maddison, Barnes, and N'Didi.

After Palace 6 weeks ago I was dreading being in the championship. Now it's about retaining our best players. It's probably not a bad complaint to have.

Rodgers on the situation:

“Always difficult because he‘s a Monaco player. There are discussions between the clubs, I’m sure.

“He’s a wonderful talent, 21 years of age. You can see very clearly he’s an outstanding young player, his view of the game. The beauty of him is that he’s only going to get better. He trains and plays with a smile, he’s a joy to work with.

“It’s not for me to put a market value on the player. I want to know if he is a good player and if he fits in to how we want to work and that is clearly the case.

“It’s great to work with him, he’s great with the team. As a young player coming into the league, it takes time to adjust, but he is finding his fitness and his physicality. He knows now how we want to work, how we want to play. Of course, he’s a great player to have in our squad.”

I think the atmosphere around the club both in training and at games (now), the ambition of the club, our capture of Rodgers, the football we want to play and the platform we’ll give him are all huge positives in regards to us signing him. There’s no doubt clubs will be after him but I’m happy that we’ve got at least a chance

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

His price isn’t going to increase that much in reality is it? A player Monaco don’t particularly rate won’t bunp the price up, to price anyone out of the market. Yes he is one hell of a talent, and Monaco’s ignorance could be our gain, he will have a price, and if the club feel that he is a vital part of the jigsaw they will pay up for him. Plus it appears Silva is doing well there, so potentially there’s our ace in the pack. 

Don`t underestimate the certainty of his first team guarantee. If he wants to be playing, there are not many if any of the so called big clubs that will offer this.

And don`t forget the wonderful job that Adrien is doing in making himself equally useful at Monaco, also that Jardim loves Adrien!

As long as Youri's form does not dip, he is a sure fire starter.

Hopeful, optimistic but paragmatic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Interesting interview with Youri on SSN today. Basically enjoying it here, has to assess his options, difficult not knowing where he’s going to be living next year. Everything you’d expect him to say of course. Hopefully we can move mountains to get him here permanently 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11684096/youri-tielemans-i-can-be-part-of-something-great-at-leicester

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rodgers is clearly a good manager and if we dont secure this fella he will know the type(s) of player he needs to take us forward he will even know which big money player(s) he needs to sell to progress. I think we are in good hands I think he’s an upgrade on Puel who started a very difficult rebuilding program 

11 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Adrien's continued form at Monaco is what will make this deal possible, if and when it happens.

I think that, worse case scenario, we get a rejuvenated Silva back, so we will still have improved the squad regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think that, worse case scenario, we get a rejuvenated Silva back, so we will still have improved the squad regardless.

I don't think Silva is strong enough and lacks the required stamina for the premier league

32 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think Silva is strong enough and lacks the required stamina for the premier league

And Tielemans is strong and runs all day?

Whilst he is undeniably a hot talent, these would not be his main selling points.

N.B. I'm not saying he's weak and lazy, but then neither is Silva.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

And Tielemans is strong and runs all day?

Whilst he is undeniably a hot talent, these would not be his main selling points.

N.B. I'm not saying he's weak and lazy, but then neither is Silva.

Well in the last game he looked both strong and ran all day, all the way till the end of the match! So in time those could become selling points. Not a physical beast like Ndidi, but he certainly doesn't get brushed off the ball too easily. He does sometimes go down a bit too easily like Maddison, but this is par for the course in France and he will adjust here.

• Like 2

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1168169/matchday-minus-two-episode-28-featuring-youri-tielemans

The guys in the studio spoke to Youri, and it's a nice insight into the player.

I get the impression the club is doing everything it can to make him feel loved to we can sign him, which I think is a really smart thing to do. I think they all know that we can't pass up on him!

And another interview with him today:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1168537/tielemans-i-enjoy-every-day

• Like 1