Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I suspect we’ll have competition for him from Spurs and Liverpool. If that happens he may well be out of our price range unless there is a contracted option to buy for £40 million which I thought was just the price they quoted at the time. He’s been in the PL shop window since...

Player power may well dictate his next move. Doesn't matter what fee Monaco accept, if the player rejects a deal then he'll remain a Monaco player.

He clearly loves it here and enjoys working with the rest of our young squad (and Vardy), so hopefully we've left a good enough impression that he decides he'd rather stay here as a guaranteed starter than try his luck breaking into Liverpool/Spurs. If the alternative is him being stuck at Monaco but not in Jardim's plans, then it would suit everyone's interests for them to relax the price a bit and agree a deal with us.

Perhaps wishful thinking, but I can see it playing out like that in the end. With Silva impressing in Monaco as well I think we've got a pretty strong chance of securing Tielemans long-term.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Player power may well dictate his next move. Doesn't matter what fee Monaco accept, if the player rejects a deal then he'll remain a Monaco player.

He clearly loves it here and enjoys working with the rest of our young squad (and Vardy), so hopefully we've left a good enough impression that he decides he'd rather stay here as a guaranteed starter than try his luck breaking into Liverpool/Spurs. If the alternative is him being stuck at Monaco but not in Jardim's plans, then it would suit everyone's interests for them to relax the price a bit and agree a deal with us.

Perhaps wishful thinking, but I can see it playing out like that in the end. With Silva impressing in Monaco as well I think we've got a pretty strong chance of securing Tielemans long-term.

Hope so. ?

• Like 2

On 05/03/2019 at 00:37, urban.spaceman said:

Usually I’d be apprehensive about smashing our record after the likes of Musa, Slimani and Akinbuyi but I’ve been really impressed with Youri and he fits into our team very well. 

Pay it. 

Would be nice to finally break our record for someone decent. 

• Like 1

At his age there'll be considerable retail value to him; I'm sure the ownership will have that in mind.

It's a bit of a schroedinger's signing - I can both see it and not see it.

Clearly enjoying it here, liked by fans and players, we can afford him - no brainer.

Clearly too good for us, bags of potential, in the shop window - what have the likes of Man City/Utd or Liverpool got to lose?

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

At his age there'll be considerable retail value to him; I'm sure the ownership will have that in mind.

It's a bit of a schroedinger's signing - I can both see it and not see it.

Clearly enjoying it here, liked by fans and players, we can afford him - no brainer.

Clearly too good for us, bags of potential, in the shop window - what have the likes of Man City/Utd or Liverpool got to lose?

Think this will be down to the player. He has stated that he would prefer to play regularly, rather than being a rotational squad player, which he probably would be at one of the top 4 clubs. This fact puts us in a strong position and it just depends whether or not Rodgers wants him and whether or not we are prepared to break a club record for his signature.

• Like 1

I'm fairly confident of signing him. He's repeatedly emphasised first team football, which rules Man City, Liverpool, and Chelsea out completely I'd say. Spurs would probably not be willing to pay up, same story for Arsenal, I don't see United going for him unless they lose Herrera and/or Fred. That leaves teams from other leagues, which could come in, but also are mostly disadvantaged in terms of the wages they can pay and the fee they could afford.

22 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

This is as close to a completely-safe purchase as we could make at this point. Seems like we ought not to give it a second thought, if it's possible to pull off.

id imagine his agent is thinking there is no need to commit to us so soon - every good game probably gets him an extra 5k a week on his contract from us or someone else..

I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes to make this happen. Hopefully  the official line is we are waiting until the summer to make a decision, is to put other suitors off!

Be such a shame not to get this done now we've all seen what he is capable of