Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I've been impressed, two great assists, he is noticeably flagging about an hour though. But I am concerned that Monaco were losing every week with him in the team, and haven't lost since the transfer. Whilst we continue to lose (3/4) with him, so he's not made much difference results wise.

That's definitely true, but I put that down to having to get used to the English game which is far more physically intense that the French game. And he is showing he can adapt... just as he looked tired in the second half he picked up the ball, drove forward and played in Vardy for his goal. I think he does go down a bit easy for his size, but I think that's because that's the  way the game is played abroad, and he can definitely handle himself unlike Silva who got brushed off the ball too often.

Tielemans in 4 games has looked superior to either Iborra or Silva in terms of what he brings to the team. If he played for us for a whole season, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 10 assists which could improve our league position by 3-4 places easily.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I've been impressed, two great assists, he is noticeably flagging about an hour though. But I am concerned that Monaco were losing every week with him in the team, and haven't lost since the transfer. Whilst we continue to lose (3/4) with him, so he's not made much difference results wise.

That's more to do with Jardim than Tielemans leaving. He has come back and their form has picked up. 

• Like 2

Lets see the interest in Tielemans come the end of the season. Too many on here would give Monaco a blank cheque.

Tielemans looks finished at Monaco with Jardim being there. If the only clubs interested in buying Tielemans are around our stature then they'll have to drop the price. Silva is performimg really well at Monaco by all accounts so we have that card up our sleeve. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Will be absolutely gutted if he ****s off to some other club. He is absolutely class and if we want to be that team that pushes the top 6, you have to spend that money.

Exactly.

Wolves will be spending that sort of money, Everton have Sigurdsson and West Ham have Anderson.

Obviously its unlikely that we'd be able to keep all three over a long time but Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemans is potentially our midfield for 6-8 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I know it is The Sun but still ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8610813/tielemans-leicester-english-food/

Tielemans, 21, told RTBF: “I needed to get fresh ideas after my last few months at Monaco, where we went into a downward spiral.

“In principle I am due to return at the end of the season. But if Leicester want to keep me, I don’t see why not. We will see in due course.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I know it is The Sun but still ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8610813/tielemans-leicester-english-food/

Tielemans, 21, told RTBF: “I needed to get fresh ideas after my last few months at Monaco, where we went into a downward spiral.

“In principle I am due to return at the end of the season. But if Leicester want to keep me, I don’t see why not. We will see in due course.”

Getemout and use the money to gerrimin.  This is why we can squander wages on sentimental contracts.   You do the maths.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

"Jamie Vardy is a very straightforward and welcoming guy. But when he gets annoyed it's something else!

"I had to sing Shape of You by Ed Sheeran for my initiation ceremony. My wife tells me that I do not have a great voice, but I think I have done a good job.

"But it was more stressful than playing in front of a packed stadium!"

lol

I fcukin love the man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

As long as he doesn't turn out to be the next GTF with all that grub! 

Where's the emoji gone that @Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo made?  That was my fave!  

Sorry Hous, turns out the site I used to host my gifs on takes them down after a period of time and I can't find it. With a bit of luck it'll be on my work computer... It was one of the better emojis

• Like 1

people were complaining about having a loan without an option to buy but i think it’s worked out well.... He has come here with no pressure to play as he hasn’t got a contract pending on it... it also means we can look at him with no pressure... had he come here with an agreed fee of 40m then he would have had to live up to that price immediately and that’s a lot of pressure straight off the bat for a 21 year-old. People will have expected him to be the next messi for that fee and there simply have been people who would of refused to have given him a chance because of the fee saying it was ‘too much’

and i would have been one of them. if you’d have told me we would pay 40m for a 21 year old who couldn’t get  a regular gig at monaco who were  almost bottom of Lique 1 i would have wanted  Rudkin’s head on a plate without Tielemans ever kicking a ball.

I think it’s worked out well.

Edited by MPH

I suspect we’ll have competition for him from Spurs and Liverpool. If that happens he may well be out of our price range unless there is a contracted option to buy for £40 million which I thought was just the price they quoted at the time. He’s been in the PL shop window since...

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I suspect we’ll have competition for him from Spurs and Liverpool. If that happens he may well be out of our price range unless there is a contracted option to buy for £40 million which I thought was just the price they quoted at the time. He’s been in the PL shop window since...

He evidently doesnt want to go somewhere and be a bit part player, the beauty of him is he's played a hell of a lot of CL football and is still only 21 so he can afford to be part of a project where a team is built around him with the intention of returning to the elite competitions with us. 

I might be being naive but I think he would happily join us.

• Like 1