Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Westley Nathan Morgan - Appreciation Thread

Guest Markyblue

Big wes is an absolute legend up their with vardy , money we paid for him against what he has done for us unbelievable. Might not start every game now but his place in Leicester city history is guaranteed. 

Can we hold onto this thread for when he reitres (or leaves Leicester). As great as he has been for us I really hope that Soyunco now gets to partner Evans with Maguire being red carded.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Can we hold onto this thread for when he reitres (or leaves Leicester). As great as he has been for us I really hope that Soyunco now gets to partner Evans with Maguire being red carded.

I think it depends on opponents. Yesterday was a good game for Wes as he was up against big physical strikers which suited him.

Against a team like Bournemouth after the international break, for example, I wouldn’t mind Soyuncu playing instead as he has more mobility and pace to combat their pacey front line. 

We’ll see but whatever Rodgers decides will be fine with me. Big Wes is a hero.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I admire Wes.Morgan....every time THIS FORUM are found guilty of downing this top captain & player,he turns up and puts in 2-6 great performamces.

Like all defenders,CBs >and this forum tends to go into demensia-gears<   and forget so easily that all defenders will make error/mistakes,even become

Red cards...It's how they come back and how they perform over long periods and any given complete season...Wes is up there with the best...!!!!

But you could also argue he owed us that one...and to be fair he delivered in performance and the goal...

Now this is where,I agree with @FIF   we are safe.We need to know (his training performances might be mis-firing) this season run-in,to see if

Soyuncu can start to cut it at PL-level.This is the best opportunity not only for him,but to see if B.Rodgers can see it as the view from the terraces,and

for the sake of next season & the future....forcing the pairing Evans with Soyu, would be the logical step,but I wouldn't mind if it's Morgan/Soyuncu next game.!!

Players also need a sprinkling of motivation & support,when they are going through the motions,

now let BR. Throw down the gauntlet to Our Turkish ...Waterfall!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I think it depends on opponents. Yesterday was a good game for Wes as he was up against big physical strikers which suited him.

You get the impression that Rodgers will use Wes in that kind of a role; very much horses (or should that be donkeys ;) ) for courses.

There are certain roles in which Wes will thrive. Yesterday was one such and he rose, for the most part, to the occasion. I'll not knock him for his performance yesterday but I wouldn't expect that from him week in, week out when different formations we confront will expose his weaknesses (which, let's be fair, every player has) Rodgers knows this and so does Wes I expect.

• Like 1

This fellow "the whole world smiles" is an ace pundit, smacking the nail bang on the head.Wes led us to a Premier League title when we were rated 5000 to 1. Let  Wes's detractors stop for one moment and reflect on his awesome achievement. Maybe then they will appreciate that they are pygmies at the feet of a Colossus. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Wes has been collosus for us but have to agree regarding Soyunco. Rodgers looks in love with big Wes, so I don't think there's much chance of that though. 

On 16/03/2019 at 17:29, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Disappointing that it took him to score for this thread to appear. I get the sentiment but it’s a bit deflated after weeks of abuse on here 

How fickle fans are

Fake news, we’ve had a lot of Wes appreciation threads over here, I even searched for one the other day to share some love, but it appears they’d been archived probably to save space. 

Wait, that actually proves your point. 

Shit.

Never mind. :ph34r:

On 17/03/2019 at 15:41, whoareyaaa said:

Morgan and Evans have been our best defenders imo Soyunco still has a lot to learn 

Evans defiantly is our best CB, like Dragovic was last season. Not sure about Wes though, been made to look a fool too many times this season. Played well Saturday though and I’m glad he’s got his new contract but Soyuncu defiantly needs to start, especially against the pace of Wilson, Fraser, Brooks and king

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Evans defiantly is our best CB, like Dragovic was last season. Not sure about Wes though, been made to look a fool too many times this season. Played well Saturday though and I’m glad he’s got his new contract but Soyuncu defiantly needs to start, esapcilly against the pace of Wilson, Fraser, Brooks and king

Is Soyuncu really that much faster than Wes then? clearly a lot more unexperienced however he does need game time.

I think we will find Benkovic will be ahead of Soyuncu next season possibly

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Is Soyuncu really that much faster than Wes then? clearly a lot more unexperienced however he does need game time.

I think we will find Benkovic will be ahead of Soyuncu next season possibly

I don’t actually think wes is partically slow, once he gets going. Soyuncu seems more nimble and light footed which I think will suit the game vs Bournemouth better.  I also agree that benkovic will be ahead of him next season. 

On 16/03/2019 at 16:29, mozartfox said:

Great for him and for us today, but reality check needed- seriously.  He will be 36 half-way through next season. This is fastest and most skilful league in the World.  As Dacia say - you do the maths.

The fastest and most skillful league in the world also features Hard Brexit forward units of Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood and Peter Crouch.

We won the league with Robert Huth's "pace" at the end of his career.

As for reality checks, Brendan Rodgers has made it abundantly clear that Wes is to have a reduced playing role from here on.

I don't mind us keeping him for another year as a squad player (but I'm also a grown man that got MORGAN 5 printed on the back of his shirt in 2014, so I might have a lingering bias as a fan). 

• Like 1