Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Westley Nathan Morgan - Appreciation Thread

Earned his plaudits today, and I couldn't have been happier that he was the one with the decisive intervention. Criticise the manager and the club for playing him by all means, who wouldn't be scared when he is in a foot race with a pacy forward, but respect the man as you do so.

It's interesting that Rodgers said he had told Wes 'if you see Crouchy pulling his shirt make sure you are warm'. That's going to be Wes's role next year, cover and physicality when we are playing sides without pace upfront, or we are backs to the wall.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

8 years, 293 appearances. Won the lot. Brilliant player, fantastic leader. Respected and loved by everyone at the football club except a few thick fans on here. What a fu*king player. What a man. 

97324323_wes_morgan_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqttjRzv33uPmfPHtQJIC-E8cOHkQS9F-WoQ1K3KtmefA.jpg

Absolute legend. What a signing he proved to be; and what a season he had when we needed him most. I would love him to finish his career with us, but I reckon he’s still got a good 3 years of Championship love football in him, so I wouldn’t begrudge him playing out his days elsewhere. 

Cant help but love the guy.

• Like 4

Scored the goal that was the clinching point for the title, scored the opening goal in our only knockout win in the Champions League. Lifted two titles as captain, put his body and more on the line for this club.

He's struggled in the past two years but overall a brilliant asset for the club. I hope, whether it be this or next season, we can dedicate the final home game to the skipper and wish him all the best.

• Like 1

I think Rodgers recognises the contribution that Wes can make even if he is not starting every game, more than happy to give him another year with the prospect of a coaching role. He is well respected by his teammates and most of our major achievements have come with him in the side. Not sure how much we paid for him but he has been a brilliant player for us and deserves a bit more respect from some supporters, as with Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton etc excellent value, well played Wes:appl:

22 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree completely but if you check mine and others post history (like you could be arsed!) People have always defended him. But you can only argue with idiots for so long. Unfortunately its always the most critical, outspoken veiws that get noticed the most. I would say there is a quiet/silent majority that have always loved him and respected him as a player.

empty vessels make the most noise.

• Like 1

Great for him and for us today, but reality check needed- seriously.  He will be 36 half-way through next season. This is fastest and most skilful league in the World.  As Dacia say - you do the maths.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Take your maths elsewhere pal this is an appreciation thread! :)

Ah your back. I will not be bothered by you again. 

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great for him and for us today, but reality check needed- seriously.  He will be 36 half-way through next season. This is fastest and most skilful league in the World.  As Dacia say - you do the maths.

Phillips, Sheringham and Giggs all played premier league in their 40s

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I just knew you would be trolling this. :yawn: It would have shown class (on your part) to have just ignored the thread as it is clearly labelled.

Lets do a list of great CB's without pace or acceleration, because they are legion. I'll start with Bobby Moore, Jackie Charlton, Terry, Mertesacker, Cannavaro, McGrath, Baresi, Koeman... 

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

13 hours ago, Cheesemaker22 said:

Can't help but smile reading this on the Burnley forum

853508159_Screenshot_20190317-0422022.thumb.png.10901e7557956e5f8a305f87ca433103.png

Loving the implied final comment, opposition fans who still think we somehow cheated or drugged players in 2015/16 are fvckin weird....