Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 hours ago, copunk said:

It just shows what a great position our club is in to have spent 70 odd million pound on 2 players within the last week and we can still turn down offers of 70 mill plus for one player, we all know it but at times it still doesnt sink in what absolute incredible owners we have, i pinch myself sometimes to have been through years of absolute dross to be able to be in the position we are in now, unreal 

The sad thing is I still hear some fans say they would love to have an owner who could flood 9 figures into the playing squad every year. It makes me laugh it honestly does. I would go as far as saying we have the best business model in the premier league. Not saying the richest because we are obviously not, but I think our strategic approach year after year is the best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

He don’t half love the Man United card don’t he. I think he don’t realise himself it’s no way near appealing as it used to be lol 

not with him as manager anyway. Mind you I'm pretty sure  he will be in the bin long before the end of next season 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Solskjaer's comment about not having to overpay because "we're Manchester United"... lol

If that is his ignorant attitude then they will no doubt continue to struggle. Manchester is no longer one of the most attractive places to play football at. Man City and Liverpool are ahead of them just in the Prem and then you have the likes of Barce, Real, Juve and maybe even PSG and Bayern these days. 

They will absolutely have to overpay to get players there. They already have for Wan-Bissaka! 

If they want Maguire, they will have to overpay again. £80m + or feck off! We are Leicester City and we really don't have to sell.

The first thing they need is a Director Of Football who knows what their doing. Followed by a strategic plan for how they want to play. Then hire a manager to implement it.

Then stick to it come hell or high water................ Stupidity and arrogance combined with money. Long may it continue but jeez their moronic.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

The first thing they need is a Director Of Football who knows what their doing. Followed by a strategic plan for how they want to play. Then hire a manager to implement it.

Then stick to it come hell or high water................ Stupidity and arrogance combined with money. Long may it continue but jeez their moronic.

They are stuck in the past and living off past glories and dominance. They still think they have that aura that Sir Alex created where everyone wants to play for them and all teams fear playing against them. Unfortunately, Solskjaer is spouting the exact same ignorant stuff and I see another disastrous season coming up for them. Good for us! 

11 minutes ago, surrifox said:

not with him as manager anyway. Mind you I'm pretty sure  he will be in the bin long before the end of next season 

It’s an interesting one because with the transfer strategy they are using of signing young, the young lads aren’t gonna reach there peak for a few years. So are they thinking of letting OGS coach them up & willing to have a sh*t year or 2 for future success or are they still expecting instant success?

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Agreed. if I worked on the board at Man U, as soon as Sir Alex said you should appoint Steve Walsh I would of gone out my way to get him. Sir Alex is the only one still lurking around that club who knows what he’s talking about.

For me I think the answers clear get Walsh in as your DOF for the experience & the contacts then get a ex pro like Rio under his wing who can show him everything to eventually take the role. You then have a perfect blend of experience, contacts & someone who lives your teams colours through n through. 

But obviously that’s to obvious for them boys at the top lol 

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s an interesting one because with the transfer strategy they are using of signing young, the young lads aren’t gonna reach there peak for a few years. So are they thinking of letting OGS coach them up & willing to have a sh*t year or 2 for future success or are they still expecting instant success?

Does OGS have a history of bringing through young players into the first team?

If they have decided that this is the way forward then it should be the club's strategy no matter who the manager is, i.e. it continues after they sack OGS 2 months into the season. :rolleyes:

OGS does not have a history

4 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Does OGS have a history of bringing through young players into the first team?

If they have decided that this is the way forward then it should be the club's strategy no matter who the manager is, i.e. it continues after they sack OGS 2 months into the season. :rolleyes:

OGS does not have a history

• Like 1

Don't want Maguire to go, if he were to I'd seriously discourage him going to United... they're in a mess at the moment in so many ways and whilst I know they're significantly a bigger club compared to us, they would currently only do his career harm.

Hold out for someone else.

I honestly think they need Roy Keane in there as an assistant or even to replace OGS for me he will be overrun by the big egos in that squad as we are already seeing the players don't respect him, Keane would command that instantly and sort them out

• Like 1

Reminds me of my time building furniture and cabinets for 25mil+ homes in the 90's. Houses that were so complex that it would sometimes take 2 years or more to build.

Watching billionaire owners sit in their range rovers with their head on the steering wheel in tears.

Thinking that if they only threw more money and workers at the house it would get finished faster.

Realizing in hindsight that progress was going backwards. Trades running into each other, more mistakes and more problems.

And the only thing they finally could do is slow down and do it right... That's what United have to do and for them its not looking good

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I honestly think they need Roy Keane in there as an assistant or even to replace OGS for me he will be overrun by the big egos in that squad as we are already seeing the players don't respect him, Keane would command that instantly and sort them out

I would absolutely love it if they took Roy Keane as an assistant or even better as the manager.

Its always worked out so well for him wherever he's been as a manager. Just laying back, chilling and watching him weave that magic would be magnificent for every other football fan in the country.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Reminds me of my time building furniture and cabinets for 25mil+ homes in the 90's. Houses that were so complex that it would sometimes take 2 years or more to build.

Watching billionaire owners sit in their range rovers with their head on the steering wheel in tears.

Thinking that if they only threw more money and workers at the house it would get finished faster.

Realizing in hindsight that progress was going backwards. Trades running into each other, more mistakes and more problems.

And the only thing they finally could do is slow down and do it right... That's what United have to do and for them its not looking good

Did you work on the Saff refurb? 

55 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

their fan base (in Basingstoke, Bromley and Milton Keyneslol) simply won't give him years , one year or even 4 or 5 bad results 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Seen over the training ground on his first day ...  

Doubt there would be any players left tbh ...  

nukezz.jpg

• Haha 4

Their so called reputation is the problem, they need to get back to basics and accept for the moment they're just another club, they should have gone all out for Poch and given him a long contract with a promise bar relegation he keeps his job. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Their so called reputation is the problem, they need to get back to basics and accept for the moment they're just another club, they should have gone all out for Poch and given him a long contract with a promise bar relegation he keeps his job. 

Agree with this. Their first job is to recognise they have a problem, and then get someone who is renowned for creating a project, offer guarantees as you said and tough it out for a few seasons whilst they build a resurgent team of talented youth prospects.