Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Further evidence of “reliable sources” being reported in the sun............

If any of these actually happen, maybe we shouldn’t rule out selling Slimani to Real Madrid!........

I’ll wait for something more concrete before I believe Maguire is actuallly leaving.

174E5EDA-815B-49E0-AC5A-ED2931741CCE.jpeg

15BC49FF-B222-4971-BF0B-DA81EE91BC62.jpeg

88177464-1EDA-45E3-B471-A3CD8D4C175A.jpeg

• Haha 1

Has anyone considered that BR plans on a back 3 next year? 

In his first game in charge, he tried it but didn't have the personnel. Morgan, Dunk  Evans, Benkovic and Soyuncu is more than enough to pull it off. 

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

Where’s the evidence that Trent Alexander Arnold, Wan-Bissaka, Rashford or Harry Winks would exceed in the PL. Where was the evidence for Mourinho to promote Huth all them years ago to the Chelsea first team squad? When Chilwell broke onto the scene he looked like a championship player, not a PL one. 

Every transfer is a risk, PL proven or not. Just because Dunk, Lascelles, etc have played in the PL, it doesn’t mean their form will translate to another club. For example Sanchez, Torres & Drinkwater were all PL proven yet couldn’t perform for their new clubs. 

Surely we spent £35million on Benkovic & Soyuncu because we knew Maguire would leave one day. Now the time has come, so why not give them a chance. Add someone from the academy such as Knight into the mix and we’ll have healthy competition for places.

In conclusion I have to agree with @StriderHiryu. Lets utilise the CB’s we have available and put the money towards a Mahrez replacement. 

There's two sides to every story, of course every transfer is a risk.

Benkovic and Soyuncu we signed for the future, they'll both get their chance at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not this season.

If we give them a chance and they aren't up to scratch yet, then you'll get fans saying "We should have signed a centre back".

Signing someone like Dunk would set us up perfectly for the future, not only does he have Premier League experience, he is also leadership material. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

There's two sides to every story, of course every transfer is a risk.

Benkovic and Soyuncu we signed for the future, they'll both get their chance at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not this season.

If we give them a chance and they aren't up to scratch yet, then you'll get fans saying "We should have signed a centre back".

Signing someone like Dunk would set us up perfectly for the future, not only does he have Premier League experience, he is also leadership material. 

And chips in with a few goals

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Further evidence of “reliable sources” being reported in the sun............

If any of these actually happen, maybe we shouldn’t rule out selling Slimani to Real Madrid!........

I’ll wait for something more concrete before I believe Maguire is actuallly leaving.

174E5EDA-815B-49E0-AC5A-ED2931741CCE.jpeg

15BC49FF-B222-4971-BF0B-DA81EE91BC62.jpeg

88177464-1EDA-45E3-B471-A3CD8D4C175A.jpeg

CDDB6581-009A-4E25-9333-5EF7971BEAE5.jpeg.7dcd9539b29389e722c2b64dd05efc16.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Too many places leading with 'bid accepted' for it not to have something in it, should be a Percy tweet or something of the like imminent if true.

Think it's actually been done for a little while. We just spent £80m which just do happens to be around Harry's price tag. Don't get Dunk, he's good enough in the air but average in most other departments, though I've disliked him since the Beckford red against Brighton years ago. Ake or Lacselles please

don't want Ake, we are losing a physical presence in Maguire, Ake is almost half a foot shorter

if Dunk is Brendan's man I trust him

The fact that it's been repeated that the source is the Sun by some unknown intern with then recycling around other tabloids smacks of clickbait. There's a reason for clickbait, it can help generate advertising revenue for the website aka the Sun. This is just trolling Man United fans into making them so extra cash with visits to the website. 

I seem to recall we played just fine with Evans and Morgan at the back when Maguire was out for a time last season. Happy with Dunk too. All around good business. Acquiring Tielemans and Dunk for Maguire in return is more than decent. Maybe we can buy Lascelles as well, he would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

So I've just asked again nothing on Maguire leaving, nothing on Dunk incoming but there is something with another transfer for us. 

Just trying to confirm something before I post in the thread that, that player has already in the transfer section ??

C*ck tease..... 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

So I've just asked again nothing on Maguire leaving, nothing on Dunk incoming but there is something with another transfer for us. 

Just trying to confirm something before I post in the thread that, that player has already in the transfer section ??

Up the Ashley

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

:wes:

Don’t see the problem with that. They make it clear initially that the reports are coming in from elsewhere, then they make their own enquiries and write an article with their own side of the story.

• Like 1

Hope he stays with us, quite a few City fans slating him on Twitter, we paid £17 million for him, we will probably owe Hull a cut of any transfer fee, Utd are supposed to be offering £60million plus £20million in add ons so I don’t think after spending £40million plus on a replacement is great business. 

• Like 4

So basically...

Man United want him.

Player wants to move.

We've set an asking price.

Man Utd have not yet met the asking price.

Cue shit stirring tabloid "reports" trying to force the move through below the asking price.

We must not and will not be bullied. Pay the money, or **** off.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

don't want Ake, we are losing a physical presence in Maguire, Ake is almost half a foot shorter

if Dunk is Brendan's man I trust him

I agree with that also as Evans, as good as he is, is also of average build. Both Morgan and Huth with their physical presence could cope with players like Lukaku and Rondo etc but I think a pairing of Evans and Ake could be a bit lightweight. Benkovic is supposedly very good for a young lad in this area. If it wasn't for the worry over his fitness I'd be fully behind him getting a chance if Rodgers felt it right. Rodgers I'm sure will be on top of this.