Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

This has been said before but we should really put a time limit on this. I think that, provided this was done openly and publicly, then based on what we have heard so far in respect of HM being a level headed and professional chap, he would have no problem with this and then everyone would know where they stand by the end of the week say. Just because you need a beer the pub is not going to open up again once it has closed just for you cos you will pay them more than the normal price of a pint is it.  Open to offers in excess of 80M until 12 noon Friday and then HM can talk to you. after that the shop is shut and ANY offer will simply be rejected out of hand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose this could be a masterstroke by the club. Tell everyone "Yes, you can get him. This is the cost. Over to you". Really putting on the buyer to take action, no longer letting it flounder in social media"

(In the sense it seems inevitable at least)

Love this. 

We've now put it out there that Maguire may leave should an offer suitable to our valuation come in.

That puts all of the pressure on the buying team. We hold most of if not all the cards. 

There's always that chance Harry goes to United and sees they're a shit show and rejects their contract 

You suspect HM is hoping Man City come back in, it's a much more attractive prospect than Man Utd right now.

John Percy's confirmation is no great surprise.

I don't think the club would stand in the way of any player if the price is right.

Even Liverpool had a price for Coutinho as did Barcelona for Neymar.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I meant in terms of fans. 

Following England home and Away you'll be surprised at the amount of stick that the "bigger teams" players get. 

G Nev said something similar in an article. I can see it happening. 

United > England and all that too. 

I remember Joleon Lescott getting booed for joining Man City.

Anyone notice percy tweets 80/90m ??

so what is it ? 

Percy had previously tweeted ‘around 90m’ a few weeks ago. 

are we briefing to prepare us for a lower deal than had been originally touted? 

I would have thought we are grown up enough to realise that 90m was a negotiating position 

Man U will pay the asking fee. They are just trying to push us around and we won't budge. We have no reason to as we genuinely don't need to sell and would be quite happy if he stayed too. So I'm really not worried either way. Keep him, great! Sell him (£85m+), great! 

My only concern are the rumours of replacing him with a ridiculous fee for someone like Dunk. This deal will look nowhere near as good if we go spend that much on someone like Dunk. We have Benko and Soyuncu who I think are capable enough to come in and do very well for us alongside Evans. 

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wouldn't put it past Pep to steam in and nick him from under Ole Ole's nose ...    wouldn't that be sweet for Citeh and deal another body blow to a team already in the smelly stuff.   Would be better for us too as United are the team we are aiming to overtake ....   

I was thinking this too. They need a CB and being English helps to fill their homegrown players quota, which I think they are tight on even before selling Delph! 

If Maguire joins Man U, he really is joining a club in a mess, which I don't see changing for 2-3 seasons. Not impressed at all by Ole's signings so far. 

Hopefully City will swoop in and pay £90m cash upfront! lol

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I meant in terms of fans. 

Following England home and Away you'll be surprised at the amount of stick that the "bigger teams" players get. 

G Nev said something similar in an article. I can see it happening. 

United > England and all that too. 

Makes sense. Hopefully he can remain the grounded chap he seems to be and be the one that avoids this trend.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Just heard it would take north of 50m to sign Lewis Dunk... if the club feel we need to replace HM and it needs to be with a proven Premier League defender, the deal just becomes relative to the market. 

Yes its shed loads more than he's worth, but the signing will also reflect the same mark up. We could end up with a Maguire downgrade and a very slight profit. Especially as its reported that Hull get a sell on fee.  

Not feeling comfortable about this at all. 

I am glad the dunk story came to light, people on here who previously were "snap their hands off" are starting to realise the reality.

They were thinking we can get 80 million for maguire then replace him for about 5 million with someone as good, as effective, and would slot right in from game one.  If it was that easy then why would man utd be after maguire in the first place? they just buy the 5 mill player instead.

Edited by Chrysalis

If we cave in, this will be a precedent set for next time a bigger Club comes a calling. Stand your ground and other Clubs will know we will not be pushed into dropping our perceived valuations.  This move could a be a 'watershed' moment for LCFC.    Will be interesting to see how Rudders and Top handle this now. 

• Like 3

Just now, mozartfox said:

If we cave in, this will be a precedent set for next time a bigger Club comes a calling. Stand your ground and other Clubs will know we will not be pushed into dropping our perceived valuations.  This move could a be a 'watershed' moment for LCFC.    Will be interesting to see how Rudders and Top handle this now. 

Are you suggesting we don`t sell him for ANY price?

Don't get this loyalty bonus stuff. do we know for sure he is due one this year? surely whether or not he submits a transfer request he will not get it if he goes. The club have publicly stated that he only goes if their valuation is met and he wants to. In other words, regardless of whatever is bid above our minimum we will not sell unless he agrees to go and therefore should still forfeit any loyalty bonus. It is not as if we are forcing him out. If he is due a loyalty bonus before the start of the season (ie close of the window) then that would be ridiculous as players would wait until the last minute to get their payment and then submit a request/down tools etc to still get their move, and I just cannot see our powers that be falling for that one.  I would suggest it more likely that any loyalty bonuses would be calculated on a per season basis and then paid at the end of the contract (or other suitable staged payments)

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The clue is 'Perceived Valuation' - i.e. unless they meet our price - we do not sell.

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

The clue is 'Perceived Valuation' - i.e. unless they meet our price - we do not sell.

But that is what Percy tweeted - our valuation. 80-90m he can go, otherwise GTFO :dunno:

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

This has been said before but we should really put a time limit on this. I think that, provided this was done openly and publicly, then based on what we have heard so far in respect of HM being a level headed and professional chap, he would have no problem with this and then everyone would know where they stand by the end of the week say. Just because you need a beer the pub is not going to open up again once it has closed just for you cos you will pay them more than the normal price of a pint is it.  Open to offers in excess of 80M until 12 noon Friday and then HM can talk to you. after that the shop is shut and ANY offer will simply be rejected out of hand.

yep and I said it earlier in the thread also, giving it until deadline day is ridiculous.

So tell maguire (and man utd), if valuation is met bid will be accepted, but the deadline for this is something like 2 weeks before the transfer deadline day so we have time to replace him and our pre season buildup is stable and settled.

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Precedent already got set when we caved in on mahrez.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But that is what Percy tweeted - our valuation. 80-90m he can go, otherwise GTFO :dunno:

I think you are missing my point.  We have a valuation - what that is I am not sure anymore but it seems around 80M.   If we drop this and sell at say 70M - then next time City come in for Chilwell and we say 80M - they will think hang-on- we can get him for less as they caved in on their demands for HM last year. 

So sticking to our valuation here 'I believe' is important for future deals.  That's it in a nutshell. Just an opinion.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

correct, assuming rodgers wants him to stay, what the manager wants comes before what the player wants in my opinion.  If the player thinks he should have the right to just move whenever he wants then he shouldnt be signing long contracts.

If then the player acts out during the season and isnt professional then the club would treat it as a transfer request and any loyalty bonuses would be forfeited.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1