Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I believe HM's agent is Paul Stretford who I also believe is a MUFC fan.

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

He's that good they named an end after him :P

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

If that’s getting us £80m for Maguire then I’m fine with it.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Good job he wasn’t a Forest fan ...     

11 minutes ago, Frost said:

Evans seems prone to picking up a couple of injuries during a season as well so there's no doubt we'll be in the market for another CB.

He was only absent for 4 of 38 matchday squads last season, so maybe not a massive worry. 

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just read his Wiki. Makes for interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stretford

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harry Maguire has left Leicester City’s pre-season training camp and is due to have a medical at United in the next 48 hours. 

(DuncanCastles)

CB899943-8FEE-42EB-94A2-EEF7189CD0D7.jpeg

We should be doing everything possible to try and strike a deal with Man City for him. Man City are streets ahead of us but we can genuinely rival Man U next season so we shouldn't be strengthening our rivals. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We should be doing everything possible to try and strike a deal with Man City for him. Man City are streets ahead of us but we can genuinely rival Man U next season so we shouldn't be strengthening our rivals. 

I'd chop a little off the price to sell to Man City rather than United  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harry Maguire has left Leicester City’s pre-season training camp and is due to have a medical at United in the next 48 hours. 

(DuncanCastles)

He knows **** all.

25 minutes ago, Frost said:

Evans seems prone to picking up a couple of injuries during a season as well so there's no doubt we'll be in the market for another CB.

But we’ve already got Benkovic, Soyuncu and Morgan, plus Amartey who can fill in there?

I don’t really see that we need another CB (thought five was one too many as it was even if we were keeping Maguire). As others have said, what message does that send out to the two young lads we invested in last summer and secondly, what was the point then lies the question. 

Soyuncu didn’t get as many minutes as he would’ve like last season and Benkovic has now returned with glowing reviews from Celtic. Another season without playing either of them would surely put question to the decision of buying them last summer (unless of course we are looking to loan out Soyuncu to another English club and don’t believe he’s quite ready for the level we aspire to be at yet?). Plus we’ve got Morgan who surely played as much as any defender last season - can’t see his involvement going from that to zero after signing a year extension and still being club captain. Would imagine he’ll still feature on the bench for his experience and being a leader in the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Buying a Premier League proven CB to starting an inexperienced player like Benkovic or Soyuncu could be the difference of whether we make top six or not. If they look out of their depth then fans will be saying "We should have signed a CB in the summer". Waiting till the January window isn't ideal, it's a tougher window to sign players in and for example, Brighton might not want to sell Dunk in that window. 

Mentioning the likes of Fuchs, Johnson, Pascanu etc... as potential back up is ludicrous, that's exactly what we don't need. Same applies with Morgan tbh, yes he signed a one year deal but this is the season where he should be looked upon as 3rd/4th choice.

I'd loan Benkovic or Soyuncu out tbh, it's guaranteed that one of them won't get the game time required, while the other stays as our 3rd/4th choice centre back.

Then come next season Wes probably moves on or retires, that will leave us with Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu and Maguire or his replacement, that's four great CB options that would see us set up perfectly for the future.

How many CBs does L'pool,Mcity,Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal have...Even with Maguire leaving,I think we should use what we have...

I wouldn't yet presume on loans,until we know what Rodgers wants and shows his ideas for this season's targets.

We are B.line richer than anytime since promotion ..Sometime you can't run scared,you have to walk the walk and throw your investments in!!

Too many concentrating on making top 6 a must!! For their season expectations.. First I want to see the team mesh and concentrate on performing consistently at a footballing level.

The end League position will then work itself out!! Clean up on our inconsistencies  from last season, convert more of the created chances.

Work and develope a B.linethat understand each other,using at least 6

Players to stamp their playing quality into the moulded group we need for the four positions.plus GKeeper.! So we can cut down on the silly errors,we became too accustomed to...

First a platform,style ,game and playing targets...Then just then that chasm to top 6 might be be bridgeable..

Manutd &Arsenal are closer to Chelsea & Spurs than we ,or any other follower are to top 6!! 

10 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

CB899943-8FEE-42EB-94A2-EEF7189CD0D7.jpeg

Duncan Castles is an idiot. He was an idiot when Rodgers was at Liverpool as well. I don't know how he makes a living.

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Get the ex client to tell the agent to stop.