Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

2 are a gamble, one is getting on so it probably isn’t. I guess the thinking is loan Soyuncu out and buy someone else.

But if you aren't willing to gamble on young players then they will never develop, a strategy that would have certainly led to players like Chilwell never reaching anywhere near his current ability with us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

But if you aren't willing to gamble on young players then they will never develop, a strategy that would have certainly led to players like Chilwell never reaching anywhere near his current ability with us.

For a team that is apparently ‘going for it’ I guess we don’t want to gamble on a key position.

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We have got to give Soyuncu and Benkovic a run out. Why spend the money otherwise last summer.

They get a run out in training every single day. Sometimes signings don’t work out or aren’t fancied, or just aren’t ready.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes it’s a business and any business owner will tell you whilst someone might be professional and turn up on time and do their work. If they are unmotivated, annoyed at not being allowed to move on to “better things” then sometimes they are better off out of there, because you won’t get the same performance.

In sport ,I do think it's different..and in this case,I don't believe the scenario will bother Harry Maguire.

I Could be proved wrong but he's just simply a true professional,who will simply get on with his job,plus he has no catty teammates,vying for headlines and recognition.Unless he does lose some form..Then the nature of team competition with Soyu,Benko,Evans might upset a couple of them..but that's

Football. B.Rodgers I believe is the man to handle the normal to be expected internal friction..

Hes still doing a job he likes,it's not reached the level of Discontentment like Mahrez,or others elsewhere.

He still wants to play for England so he has to stay focused..disappointment is a part of life,he's a defender and not a poor sensitive soul. Besides he might end up being exstatic that he didn't make the move,and in January and next summer, then beg to stay...lol ..

Or he calls Mahrez and asks him where the best places in Airports he can hide :giggle:

Just now, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

If he joins United, i question his mental state and i think he needs to be sectioned.

I’m sure triple his wages will comfort him as they flail about and then sack their manager.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Don’t begrudge him for wanting to go. Fair play to him his rise has been meteoric and it’s a relatively short career. Not going to grieve him though If and when he does go, we’ll move on and progress we always do and always will. 

I get what you meant, but what kind of message are we back to sending to the rest of top clubs that we aspire to join? We are stepping stones? Expensive stepping stones albeit  but when push comes to shove we àrent big enough to resist. I think though it at least did say a message to them when a big deal was made of YT telling the world that United came begging only for him to turn them down for Leicester.??

On 14/07/2019 at 08:21, adam95581 said:

I don’t mind him going for £80m. If we’re honest, he is over rated as a defender and we are arguably a better defensive unit without him. The only negative for me is that we’ve had to concede to one of the ‘big boys’....although £80m does soften the blow and there is an element of Manures pants being pulled down. 

There’s always a bigger club.. money talks . This is big cash for us and if we re invest in a world class winger top 6 is ours.

44 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Dont know about that, it funded players and we have got some good players since he got sold which is good, but the amount we got seems way too low.  We also havent managed to fill the position he left with quality since he left and definitely for a while struggled to create goals after he left.  The wingers we been linked to now (who I think will never reach mahrez heights) are looking like they will cost 50m at a minimum.  So 15m cash for a downgrade.

That's one way of looking at it, but you should ask a Man City fan if they think they got value for money.  Over on Blue Moon the feeling is definitely not.

With the Mahrez fee we bought Maddison, Ricardo and Evans with change to spare.  We improved the team imo and I wouldn't want him back.  He made his position untenable and I was glad to see the back of him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I understand wanting another CB to replace him in terms of filling the void but we've currently got 5 first team members in that position plus talented youngsters. Would be a massive lack of foresight and poor planning to loan out Söyüncü considering we spent £20m on him and he's 23 now. Should have been doing that last year if that was the plan.

I think we stick with what we have unless Benkovic is out on loan again and even then it would have to be a class player for us to do that. 4 out and out CB's is a lot considering we've got Wilf, Amartey, Fuchs, Knight, Johnson, Hughes, Pascanu to act as back up in a terrible injury/suspension crisis.

Got to give Söyüncü and Benkovic a chance until at least Jan

Buying a Premier League proven CB to starting an inexperienced player like Benkovic or Soyuncu could be the difference of whether we make top six or not. If they look out of their depth then fans will be saying "We should have signed a CB in the summer". Waiting till the January window isn't ideal, it's a tougher window to sign players in and for example, Brighton might not want to sell Dunk in that window. 

Mentioning the likes of Fuchs, Johnson, Pascanu etc... as potential back up is ludicrous, that's exactly what we don't need. Same applies with Morgan tbh, yes he signed a one year deal but this is the season where he should be looked upon as 3rd/4th choice.

I'd loan Benkovic or Soyuncu out tbh, it's guaranteed that one of them won't get the game time required, while the other stays as our 3rd/4th choice centre back.

Then come next season Wes probably moves on or retires, that will leave us with Evans, Benkovic, Soyuncu and Maguire or his replacement, that's four great CB options that would see us set up perfectly for the future.

• Like 4

Man Utd must know the asking price. They don't seem to have the balls to make the bid required. Perhaps they might panic buy later in the window. One can only assume Maguire is praying on Man City getting serious. 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sky sports now reporting that he's asked to leave. Apologies if this has already been said I've been at work all day so not been up to date

Utd pressure upping the ante. Started with twitter and end up using sky sports understands.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Utd pressure upping the ante. Started with twitter and end up using sky sports understands.

Oh no. Next it’ll be on Sports Witness!

Won’t somebody think of the children!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

I get what you meant, but what kind of message are we back to sending to the rest of top clubs that we aspire to join? We are stepping stones? Expensive stepping stones albeit  but when push comes to shove we àrent big enough to resist. I think though it at least did say a message to them when a big deal was made of YT telling the world that United came begging only for him to turn them down for Leicester.??

On the flip side you set a dangerous precedent and gain a reputation for not letting players go when they want to go and move on to the next stages of their career. I think I’d take your point if it was Spurs or a club like that, but it’s Man U mate, whether they’re in trouble or not Maguire has grown up in a similar generation to me where they’re the biggest club in the world, I think every player of a certain age would want to go and play for them, turmoil or not (I’ve had this argument on here before). Just let him go and do his thing, don’t worry about what it looks like to the rest, they won’t care anyway it’s united plucking a player from an average prem side it’s old news. 

And also, you’re on crack if you seriously think we should turn down 80 million for him to prove a point. We might have aspirations of Europe but there’s not many clubs in Europe who wouldn’t sell one of their players if somebody offered that money. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I believe HM's agent is Paul Stretford who I also believe is a MUFC fan.

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

Thanks for the update Geoff. It sounds as though the writing is probably on the wall and if Harry's head really has been turned then it's probably best all round to let him go as long as we get the full asking price. Hopefully Paul will be equally persuasive in his dialogue with United to get them to cough up.

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I believe HM's agent is Paul Stretford who I also believe is a MUFC fan.

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

Could you draw from that that Stretford could be making the grass seem greener at United than it actually is? 

Hope for Maguire that this works out for him and it's not a case of an agent almost living their dream through them.

5 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

DO YOU PEOPLE EVER READ ANYTHING BUT THE SHIT THATS PUBLISHED ON FOOTBALL NEWS SITES. MAN UTDs OFFER WAS TURNED DOWN, THEY HAVE NOT MADE ANY OTHER OFFER. NO MEDICAL AS TAKEN PLACE, NO FALL OUT WITH CLUB OR MANAGER. NOT SAID HE WANTS OUT OF THE CLUB.

SO GET ON WITH LIFE AND STOP ALL THE GRAP COMMENTS.

This post CAPS it ALL for me!

I do like some of the grap posts though, it's a daily labour of love.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Man Utd must know the asking price. They don't seem to have the balls to make the bid required. Perhaps they might panic buy later in the window. One can only assume Maguire is praying on Man City getting serious. 

Course they do and i'm sure if they really want him they'll cough up the money and use it for their own promotions "United buy worlds most expensive defender" or something along those lines. Man City have already said they'll match Man Utd's bid, both those clubs have more money than a horse has got hairs, they're not bothered by a few million here and there, it seems to me all about the bluff. As soon as Utd offer 85 million, man city will jump in and match it, who's Maguire going to choose, or in other words which team is going to lose face, obviously man city is the team he'll go to given the choice and Man Utd will look like muppets because they can't beat Man City to a signing. I think that's the reason behind Man Utd's apparent lack of enthusiasm. 

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 2