Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I love Sean. He's clearly on the windup. "Extremely credible source" lol sounds like something Trump would say

Remember the time he got the starting 11 right for about 8 weeks in a row under Puel and everyone wondered if he was actually legit lol 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, murphy said:

Maybe, or it could be that they're just not considered ready yet?

I'd consider that a similar thing personally. Either way the manger would look for someone else to come in.

Said it before I'd be happy with another older head of the Evans type, who can help out but won't stand in the younger lads ways too much.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

Problem is by January he will really want to leave and we'll sell him to Man Utd for 40m. 

Come on Man U, pay up you cheapskate bastards

By January he still has 3 1/2 years on his contract. He ain't going anywhere unless for the money we want. 

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Percy's article yesterday says United value the player at £50-60m. I expect him to go, but if the two clubs really are as much as £30m apart in terms of valuations, is a deal really that likely?

Unlikely when they've already offered £70m

Sure I read somewhere Utd offered 60m + 20m in add ons. Yes thats 80m potentially, but imagine we want at least 70m up front + 10m addons

Maybe I made that up (again)

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I read somewhere Utd offered 60m + 20m in add ons. Yes thats 80m potentially, but imagine we want at least 70m up front + 10m addons

Maybe I made that up (again)

Yeah for me that's taking the piss. 

I want at least 70mill up front, none of this "if's and but's". If they're so big and mighty cough up the cash. 

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Percy's article yesterday says United value the player at £50-60m. I expect him to go, but if the two clubs really are as much as £30m apart in terms of valuations, is a deal really that likely?

We said the same bluster about Mahrez and he went for £60m, we'll continue to play hard ball as much as we can in the hope they budge. But if a player is coming to you and saying he wants to go, then you have to consider dropping your demands a tad, which is what Man U are hoping for.

They start at £50m, we start at £90m and a deal gets done for £70ish.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

That's unfair.  He's essentially saying: "if Utd meet your valuation, can i please go? If not that's ok"

It was more in response to saying he wants to go but won`t put in a transfer request, so I am not sure it is unfair.

• Like 1

Can’t see how he can expect us to allow a move to one of two clubs without losing his loyalty bonus ??  

i expect if yanited won’t pay 85m then he will have to make a tfer request to force a deal though at 75m ......

can’t see Man City paying north of 70m anyway 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We said the same bluster about Mahrez and he went for £60m, we'll continue to play hard ball as much as we can in the hope they budge. But if a player is coming to you and saying he wants to go, then you have to consider dropping your demands a tad, which is what Man U are hoping for.

They start at £50m, we start at £90m and a deal gets done for £70ish.

If the club expect him to remain professional they don't have to drop their demands at all. It's a business, not a pre-school.

• Like 2

Hope this is sorted out quickly. We could do without the distraction during the whole of pre-season so if they offer £80m we should cash in and regain focus. It's an insane amount of cash for someone as slow as Maguire.

Intrigued to see who we'll go for as his replacement. Hopefully not Dunk/Tarkowski as the PL market is so inflated, last thing we need is forking out £40m+ on either.

The writing appears to be on the wall but I find myself strangely relaxed as to how it pans out.

I have complete confidence in the leadership & management of our club (not something I’ve been able to say often in the last 50 years). And I’ve no doubt that if they accept an offer for Harry we’ll have a better squad overall as a result - a bit like last summer when the sale of Mahrez saw not a direct replacement but sound investment in other positions which saw the club progress.

I’d love Harry to stay, but it won’t be the end of the world, or our top 6 dreams, if he goes.

• Like 3

Suppose this could be a masterstroke by the club. Tell everyone "Yes, you can get him. This is the cost. Over to you". Really putting on the buyer to take action, no longer letting it flounder in social media"

(In the sense it seems inevitable at least)

Edited by Dahnsouff

Wouldn't put it past Pep to steam in and nick him from under Ole Ole's nose ...    wouldn't that be sweet for Citeh and deal another body blow to a team already in the smelly stuff.   Would be better for us too as United are the team we are aiming to overtake ....   

• Like 1

Breaking News: We already knew this but doesnt want to force a move so he doesnt lose his loyalty bonus... 

I dont want him to go but if we get the money... cheers big H.. all the best. You probably wont be an England favourite anymore too...  the grass isnt always greener. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Breaking News: We already knew this but doesnt want to force a move so he doesnt lose his loyalty bonus... 

I dont want him to go but if we get the money... cheers big H.. all the best. You probably wont be an England favourite anymore too...  the grass isnt always greener. 

Why is this?

Doesn't want to lose his money then by not putting a transfer request in basically.

£80m/£90m is a joke of a price. Snap their hands off and go get Lascalles who is the better defender anyway.

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Then have the potential of having an unhappy player, who is a key influence in the changing room not wanting to be here. Then upsetting the spirit Within the squad... not the most clever move, ask Riyad.

We had an unhappy riyad for 2 seasons and still a half arsed riyad made the difference in many games.

Letting a player leave everytime he asks for it is "weak".  I expect every season clubs have players that want out and dont let it happen, even the big clubs, chelsea had hazard wanting out for about three seasons.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

Why is this?

I meant in terms of fans. 

Following England home and Away you'll be surprised at the amount of stick that the "bigger teams" players get. 

G Nev said something similar in an article. I can see it happening. 

United > England and all that too.