Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They get a run out in training every single day. Sometimes signings don’t work out or aren’t fancied, or just aren’t ready.

The training pitch doesn't replicate the conditions & pressure of a Premier League match. I thought Soyuncu showed a deal of promise and potential in the little we've seen of him.  He certainly still has the odd mistake or three in him,  but so does MaGuire.

Edited by PaulW
Spelt Harry's name wrong.

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Castles has apparently said this about Maguire on a podcast rather than in a tweet

Ahh that's a shame, I was hoping to tweet 'monumental ****wit' given that we are no longer on a training camp....

42 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Harry Maguire has left Leicester City’s pre-season training camp and is due to have a medical at United in the next 48 hours. 

(DuncanCastles)

Duncan Castles is an absolute clown. Regularly reports stories that turn out to be miles off the mark and yet for some reason he’s still held in high regard by Man United fans - probably because he only tells them what he wants to hear so that he gets them tuning into his podcasts. 

At the start of the summer he said Tielemans was United’s number 1 target and a bid was imminent. That went well didn’t it. 

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I believe HM's agent is Paul Stretford who I also believe is a MUFC fan.

Paul can be very very persuasive to a player

The Stretford End

End.JPG.ecdf3cae535b2c334ae7d4e9045173cd.JPG

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

So what we have here is yet another example of a greedy agent wanting to feather his own nest. Agents really are a cancer on the game and should be banned from anything to do with it. They do absolutely nothing positive for it and take money from it at an absolutely ridiculous rate. I bet he can be very very persuasive after all he wouldn't make much money if players showed loyalty to clubs.

Personally think it is about time transfer fees were abolished altogether. Surprised there hasn't been a legal challenge by a player to date. After all it is a form of ownership which can be used to prevent a player from moving their place of work.

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Did anyone just see that Dharmesh Seth do the "re-rewind" thing on Sky? lol

One of the most cringest things you'd see on live TV. what the f**** hell was that?! :blink:

Baffling that they’ve put him and the other guy on to front the program, neither have the persona or charisma to front a half hour/hour long show. They should stick with them as ‘itk’ (?) reporters

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

So what we have here is yet another example of a greedy agent wanting to feather his own nest. Agents really are a cancer on the game and should be banned from anything to do with it. They do absolutely nothing positive for it and take money from it at an absolutely ridiculous rate. I bet he can be very very persuasive after all he wouldn't make much money if players showed loyalty to clubs.

Personally think it is about time transfer fees were abolished altogether. Surprised there hasn't been a legal challenge by a player to date. After all it is a form of ownership which can be used to prevent a player from moving their place of work.

I'm surprised that they don't go back to the old system of players being able to transfer at any time. These transfer windows just inflate the prices.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If we cave in, this will be a precedent set for next time a bigger Club comes a calling. Stand your ground and other Clubs will know we will not be pushed into dropping our perceived valuations.  This move could a be a 'watershed' moment for LCFC.    Will be interesting to see how Rudders and Top handle this now. 

Its pretty standard practice to state you want more than what you actually do in the hope that the haggling will get to the actual number you want. 

Hardly being pushed around when we are likely to get a world record fee for a defender that the fans dont even rate that highly

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm surprised that they don't go back to the old system of players being able to transfer at any time. These transfer windows just inflate the prices.

Tend to agree, though agents would just be agitating  for moves all the time. I'd get rid of the January window to start with if the game didn't follow your idea.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t know if it’s been repeated but Maguire’s actions are as good as a transfer request. 

Depends what is contained in the *Gentleman's Agreement*?

• Like 1

In a way, I'm glad this is happening now and not early August. Hopefully now we know we are set for a huge fee, get our business done ASAP then let harry go with our blessing.

Midfielder, winger and a cb now to finish the squad and have a team that want to be at Leicester and move on to have a successful season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Spoke to one of Stretford's ex clients (a former England player) today and he said Paul can be very very persuasive to a player and works very hard to get complicated deals across the line.

Erm, wasn't he Vardy's agent?

2 hours ago, murphy said:

That's one way of looking at it, but you should ask a Man City fan if they think they got value for money.  Over on Blue Moon the feeling is definitely not.

With the Mahrez fee we bought Maddison, Ricardo and Evans with change to spare.  We improved the team imo and I wouldn't want him back.  He made his position untenable and I was glad to see the back of him.

Yeah its a move thats bad for both clubs.

They spent 60mill for a bench player.

2 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

Thanks for the update Geoff. It sounds as though the writing is probably on the wall and if Harry's head really has been turned then it's probably best all round to let him go as long as we get the full asking price. Hopefully Paul will be equally persuasive in his dialogue with United to get them to cough up.

Interesting, Geoff is right as well I think, as on his twitter page harry is advertising the agency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Stretford

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah its a move thats bad for both clubs.

They spent 60mill for a bench player.

We'll have to agree to differ on whether it was bad for Leicester.  I still think it was good business and strengthened our team.

• Like 4