Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Good luck to him if he goes. I don't have any real worries about our defense without him at present, especially if Benkovic shows us in pre-season why Celtic were fawning over him.

Even £60m is kind of overselling him IMO, but I trust Maggie not to throw his toys out the pram (:riyad:) if he doesn't get his move and to remain professional. It's win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by OntarioFox

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Yes i've heard of Bosman, that's why i wrote honouring the contract till the end of the season, you are hardly holding a player against his wishes if its for a few matches.

I am not disagreeing,but present & future clubs put pressure on the young players,and agents who should be helping them and often do( there are good guys as well).Both sides have their lawyers spuking out some dissatisfication or other.

Then players Peer and family intervention...

3/6/12 months can seem along time,and then the abuse and lies that can be used " all parties satisfied" where only one side is! 

Plus are you has a fan,just selling your frustration and dissatisfication,and being egoistic,because you don't like the waiting or the tension it brings you!! ??

So many mind games,no matter what idea of a system we would like to see.

Personally I would like to use today's system with exceptions .

Extend until middle of September.

( Help to cover the bad luck of instant long-term injuries ) then allow loans 1 extra month covering injuries only!! 

No January transfers,again only to cover

Injuries.That would keep both parties to honour a full seasons contract including agents,who should also be kept under control , no creation of gossip to force an issue during the season...That works for top & low level players.

It also has to be said discontent is still rare,majority of players and clubs actions are decent,more than portrayed by the moaners..

Club choses it's squad for the season. 

Players & agent choses their club for the season ,both parties should then ride with it!!!  End of season player happily stays or moves on,& club  agrees ,or says honour your 2-3 season contract .

Any gentleman's agreement both ways should see agent writes it down,or agent

Takes the shit and can be penalised..

All fans banned from panicking and writing Bullshit in forums,if not they get penalised to go shopping with family for

5 games. If adolescents!! Then  forced to help mam do the chores for 5 games..

As they say simples...:bounce:

We have 4 first team CBs on the books as well as a number of youth teamers that are rated quite highly. Use the money to sign the Mahrez replacement we've been crying out for and give the chance for some of these players we already have to impress. 45 million on an average Premier League CB is not good business, then again we can hardly talk when we are demanding a world record fee for a slightly above average Premier League CB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I really rate Nathan Ake. Despite beating Bournemouth at home (at last!) this season, he was outstanding, as he always is against us. In fact every time I see them play, he is always one of the stand out players. Great defensively and good on the ball too. I personally think we should just promote Soyuncu and Benkovic and give them a run in the first team (accepting there will be some mistakes but both will grow), but if we are really set on another proven player, than Ake would be my man.

Lewis Dunk is a good player, but the price being quoted seems like daylight robbery. I appreciate the hypocrisy in saying this when we are looking to sell Maguire for over 75m, but I'd prefer we used the money from that sale in a more constructive manner. If we got Dunk for something more like 25-30m then that would still be pricey but I'd be more comfortable with that. 45m for Ake on the other hand I think would be worth it.

Dunk is a good defender who attacks the ball well in both boxes but Rodgers wants all his players to be good

with the ball at their feet.

With the introduction of VAR,it will be crucial to have players who can defend set pieces without the holding

that previously went unpunished so if we have to replace HM and Soyuncu and Bencovic are unsuitable,

It would be Ake for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coalvillefox said:

Will be interesting to see if hes in the squad for tonights game. I can't imagine we are going to wrap him in cotton wool for a potential buyer, if our stance is as suggested in the media then he will play tonight and continue to be used the same as any other player until a concrete bid is made?

According to Percy he is not likely to be included tonight along with some of the others having been on international duty

49 minutes ago, davieG said:

Why do so few pundits, bloggers and fans realise that Maguire is almost certainly not the best defender in the World but that has nothing to do with our pricing of him - Obviously for pundits and bloggers do it for the click bait and fans, well frankly they're just jealous. It really is so obvious why we're demanding this price.

But it's a tad irritating to see all these stupid headlines.

Oh and Dunk isn't worth £45+ mill either but that's the price you pay for demanding £80m for Maguire.

But I want my cake and eat it.

Or let's say

I want to Dunk my big Ake and eat it!! :ill:

46 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Manchester United is still a massive pull for players and people are kidding themselves if they believe otherwise. I'd put money on most of our players wanting to go to them if the opportunity arisen, even if they are a bit of a mess at the minute. There's a lot of talk about us challenging the top 6 but at the end of the day, that is all is it is, talk. Currently we are an inconsistent mid-table side that finished 14 points behind the worst Manchester United side in years. We are the same side plus Ayoze Perez and a lot of the optimism is based on hope and the assumption that players will progress.

I am hopeful we can make improvements this year and of course its going to be more difficult if we sell players but I'm not overly surprised that Maguire might want to go. He may not get another chance.

No. we're not.

Remember we played two thirds of last season under Puel and without Tielemans.  With Rogers and TIelemans we were 4th in the form table after those 13 games.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

Why do so few pundits, bloggers and fans realise that Maguire is almost certainly not the best defender in the World but that has nothing to do with our pricing of him - Obviously for pundits and bloggers do it for the click bait and fans, well frankly they're just jealous. It really is so obvious why we're demanding this price.

But it's a tad irritating to see all these stupid headlines.

Oh and Dunk isn't worth £45+ mill either but that's the price you pay for demanding £80m for Maguire.

Only if we pay it. Prefer we went with Soyuncu or Benkovic OR looked elsewhere if BR really wants a CB. 

26 minutes ago, Dames said:

We have 4 first team CBs on the books as well as a number of youth teamers that are rated quite highly. Use the money to sign the Mahrez replacement we've been crying out for and give the chance for some of these players we already have to impress. 45 million on an average Premier League CB is not good business, then again we can hardly talk when we are demanding a world record fee for a slightly above average Premier League CB.

I assumed that the Maguire fee had already been spent?

So far we've spent £80m.  Where does it come from?  I think that we have already banked on selling Maguire and in an ideal world, he would go next summer.  If not, I can't see how we are able to spend that £80m and satisfy FFP.

22 minutes ago, Dames said:

Hands up and sing loud...

Allll we arrre sssayyying

is give youth a chaaance..:scarf:

We stay with Soyu , Benkovic & Evans

Morgan in the background....

No need,for this BS on PL proved player.

If so only Ake. Nothing else would interest me!!  Unless we jump in for

Matt Hummels returning to BVB

from Bayern.!!

22 minutes ago, Dames said:

Hands up and sing loud...

Allll we arrre sssayyying

is give youth a chaaance..:scarf:

We stay with Soyu , Benkovic & Evans

Morgan in the background....

No need,for this BS on PL proved player.

If so only Ake. Nothing else would interest me!!  Unless we jump in for

Matt Hummels returning to BVB

from Bayern.!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, murphy said:

I assumed that the Maguire fee had already been spent?

So far we've spent £80m.  Where does it come from?  I think that we have already banked on selling Maguire and in an ideal world, he would go next summer.  If not, I can't see how we are able to spend that £80m and satisfy FFP.

We haven’t spent close to £80 million:

Perez - £16 million

Tielemans - £35 million

Justin - £8 million

total therefore of £59 million assuming we made all payments up front and in 1 installment which I would be surprised if we did.

Just now, Camberwell Fox said:

Perez - £16 million

Tielemans - £35 million

Justin - £8 million

total therefore of £59 million assuming we made all payments up front and in 1 installment which I would be surprised if we did.

Perez was £30m and Tielemans £40m, if you listen to the decent sources (Percy edited his original article stating £16m, to £30m).

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Some people are talking like having Dunk over Soyuncu or Benkovic is the difference between top four and mid table. 

I'll be gutted if we buy Dunk because that's also a statement about Soyuncu and Benkovic not being reliable or good enough now BR has assessed both players. Soyuncu is now 23 with some excellent assets of being quick, strong and good with the ball. I'd be buzzing if we signed a player of his pedigree  who has 24 caps for a good footballing nation like Turkey, 50 Bundesliga games under his belt and was named in a Bundesliga team of the season.

What sort of mental formation is that?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Camberwell Fox said:

Perez - £16 million

Tielemans - £35 million

Justin - £8 million

I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I make it:

Tielemans - £40m

Perez - £30m (release clause)

Justin £10m

Total - £80m.

• Like 1