Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

27 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I doubt that, More like a fee being agreed. 

With 12 days left of the window I honestly can’t see that happening. With United dicking around trying to haggle us down from £90m for the entire summer, United's desperation kicking in after Bailly’s injury, and the fact that we don’t want to sell and don’t need the money, I reckon the price has just gone even further up. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

With 12 days left of the window I honestly can’t see that happening. With United dicking around trying to haggle us down from £90m for the entire summer, United's desperation kicking in after Bailly’s injury, and the fact that we don’t want to sell and don’t need the money, I reckon the price has just gone even further up. 

EXCLUSIVE: We bring you exclusive footage of negotiations between Leicester City Dof John Rudkin and Manchester United Chief Executive Ed Woodward.

The Sun... Probably. 

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Remember that at the time. Absolutely nailed it really. Be interested to hear a rematch lol 

I think my 10 year old sister who knows nothing about LCFC would have had Janette on toast too. lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Tell United the price is 80 million next week, and 90 million thereafter.

The price is already (at least) 80m so why would we do that...?

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Excellent post (in my opinion) on Red Cafe

image.thumb.png.c053659c194275112cca9822661bf798.png

This to me is the crux of the issue. Making a stand on Harry, could very impact the attractiveness of the club to other potential suitors. I agree we should get the best possible price were he to leave, but it should not be treated in pure isolation of other factors that progress the club.

Would have replied, but my ridiculous 3 posts a day limit has been met.

Just because we are a 'stepping stone' does not mean we should sell on the cheap!!  Manure must understand this and the fact that despite being a middle tier EPL team with wealthy and clever Owners (who happen to run a successful multi-million business) we now going to be pushed around by the Glaziers and Woody the Wood-pecker.  Stump up the price or fuch off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Excellent post (in my opinion) on Red Cafe

image.thumb.png.c053659c194275112cca9822661bf798.png

This to me is the crux of the issue. Making a stand on Harry, could very impact the attractiveness of the club to other potential suitors. I agree we should get the best possible price were he to leave, but it should not be treated in pure isolation of other factors that progress the club.

Would have replied, but my ridiculous 3 posts a day limit has been met.

Stepping stone is a fair comment but here is my issue.

I think its reasonable to assume player's first season at club is been groomed into the team so not a fully productive season, many players may not even make it into the team consistently at all.

Second season is when I would expect them to start performing at best.

Now if it becomes expected from players for them to leave after a measly 2 seasons I think thats unreasonable, for me whats fair to both parties for when we sign young players is they free to leave after 4 seasons "and" if valuation is met.  That valuation of course will be lower if they dont have long left on contract.  I think 2 seasons is a joke of a duration.  If all we get out of young players is 2 seasons we may as well sign more 28+ year olds and get 4-5 years out of them.

2 seasons is perhaps more reasonable if they havent been making progress at the club e.g. just stuck in reserves or something.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There are going to be some very embarrassed journalists, media outlets, newspapers and Twitter accounts if MUFC don't meet the asking price and Maguire stays

Good ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think people (certainly our fans) will remember who spouted the most crap

Sean? (I was a bit slow there)

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am starting to suspect what may be happening is the man utd owners dont want to spend the money, but of course they want season ticket holders etc. to think they going all out for maguire, hence all this nonsense from the media.

I suspect they were told in the first place that maguire isn’t for sale, pep got it.

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There are going to be some very embarrassed journalists, media outlets, newspapers and Twitter accounts if MUFC don't meet the asking price and Maguire stays

I think they will just suggest that Man Utd thought better of paying a grossly inflated fee for HM and say that Leicester City have ruined a dream opportunity for a player who wanted to better himself at a bigger club blah blah blah

3 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

I think they will just suggest that Man Utd thought better of paying a grossly inflated fee for HM and say that Leicester City have ruined a dream opportunity for a player who wanted to better himself at a bigger club blah blah blah

Is it grossly inflated though. Van dyke went for 75 million last season, Were a season further on and take into account player cost  increases and being England’s no1 defender which comes with a premium, I would have thought his values about right. How much would Liverpool be asking for van dyke now and how much would Man Utd be selling maguire for if he was already their player, 120-150 million!