Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

They could sign me until christmas and I'll be there after Ole is gone. I'd be very surprised if he sees out this calendar year. 

Of course I could be wrong, but looking at last season they really reminded me of us under Puel. 

Came in, changed the style, worked initially, played some good football got some good results, then faded away and back to the routine they were used to. They'll be too inconsistent to mount any challenge this year and they're likely to be miles off a title challenge again, which to united is nothing short of failure. 

i think he’ll either be gone after 10 games or he’ll be a success.... either way, man United are going to have to eventually get over the fact Alex Ferguson is no longer their manager and will need to stop trying to replicate what he did. 

59 minutes ago, MPH said:

that 11 could avoid relegation on their own...

This is why I always argued we could handle Europa league. You could play that side and get relatively far. When it gets serious draft in the big guns

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I wouldn't write it off yet. If they get desperate United may start chucking stupid stupid money. 

What, like the price we put on him? 

Not aimed at you this one UniFox (mainly the media and Man Utd fans), but if you’ve got something that’s worth ‘x’ amount but you don’t want to sell, it’s going to take a lot more than the value to tempt you to sell it. Why can’t people understand that?

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What, like the price we put on him? 

Not aimed at you this one UniFox (mainly the media and Man Utd fans), but if you’ve got something that’s worth ‘x’ amount but you don’t want to sell, it’s going to take a lot more than the value to tempt you to sell it. Why can’t people understand that?

Understood, we can ask for what we want in the case where we don't want to sell and Maguire isn't pushing  

It'll take more money the longer they wait 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Lukaku was holding things up in my opinion, I think something will start to happen now. 

No, Man Utd are ‘holding things up’ by not accepting lower than their asking price, if this deal is reliant on them selling Lukaku first of course.

Meanwhile, Man Utd fans and the media are crying “Leicester City should accept lower than their asking price because they’re Leicester City, bloody minnows.”

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Lukaku was holding things up in my opinion, I think something will start to happen now. 

Possibly but Maguire played the full 90 mins today which suggests it's far from close. 

57 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

The irony of this post. Lukaku holding things up because United won't accept a lower price, but United want to pay a lower price for Maguire than what Leicester are asking for. Absolute banter club United at the moment! 

1 hour ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Rumours are now though that Juventus are after Lukaku and it involves Dybala in a swap deal (depending on if Dybala wants to join United) which means no extra cash towards Maguire

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rumours are now though that Juventus are after Lukaku and it involves Dybala in a swap deal (depending on if Dybala wants to join United) which means no extra cash towards Maguire

If those rumours are true, id be snapping Juves hands off for that swap deal! Still doesn't help towards their defensive issues as you pointed out.