Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Why would they back Ole, they wouldn’t back Maureen. Fancy they have been told to cut their cloth according to last seasons successes.

Also, yes they have a massive 600m revenue every year, but they are also loaded with debt, admittedly managed debt, but still debt.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why would they back Ole, they wouldn’t back Maureen. Fancy they have been told to cut their cloth according to last seasons successes.

Also, yes they have a massive 600m revenue every year, but they are also loaded with debt, admittedly managed debt, but still debt.

I said this yesterday too. 

This subject is making me feel like I'm stuck in a loop. 

I'm outie until the window closes. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

United have lost their way and are desperately trying to find a winning formula again. They really have turned into Liverpool of the 90's. They'll continually chop and change hoping that everything falls into place rather than have a long term strategy in football terms. As it stands they are still a massive, global attraction to millions around the world. They'll back any manager to make big signings because they think of the revenue it'll generate. Unfortunately, especially for them at this moment in time, that's the nature of football as a business. Short term gains in favour of long term stability and continued success. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

you’ll notice they are backing him with people who’ll be around for a long time... possibly even after he’s gone :whistle:

Just now, MPH said:

you’ll notice they are backing him with people who’ll be around for a long time... possibly even after he’s gone :whistle:

They could sign me until christmas and I'll be there after Ole is gone. I'd be very surprised if he sees out this calendar year. 

Of course I could be wrong, but looking at last season they really reminded me of us under Puel. 

Came in, changed the style, worked initially, played some good football got some good results, then faded away and back to the routine they were used to. They'll be too inconsistent to mount any challenge this year and they're likely to be miles off a title challenge again, which to united is nothing short of failure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol oh indeed. Or a less cynical chap could argue they are moving in a new direction by kicking of a youth based, development programme - you know, like all the :cool: clubs do

All the furore will be outside the club I should imagine. We’ll train as normal, Harry will train as normal, and club business will carry on as normal, until such a point a suitable bid comes in, if a bid comes in. A bit like when we won the league, as we built to the climax I think the coolest people in Leicestershire was the team and wider squad.

• Like 1

Still in the squad for today...

reminder of today's squad ?

Jamie Vardy's kit

Jamie Vardy's kit

Marc Albrighton
Filip Benković
Ben Chilwell
Hamza Choudhury
Fousseni Diabaté
Callum Elder
Jonny Evans
Viktor Johansson
Khanya Leshabela
James Maddison
Harry Maguire
Ricardo Pereira
Ayoze Pérez
Kasper Schmeichel
George Thomas
Youri Tielemans
Jamie Vardy

We'll bring you team news at 2pm BST ?

30 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Talkshite just been muttering in about big H again. All reckon he’ll go to Utd as they can’t afford for him not to. To me it just looks like they can’t afford him full stop. 

They’ve just been talking to Rob Tanner about Harry and asked if Hamza could step in as his replacement :giggle:

• Haha 1

Regarding the media, I don’t see it as anti Leicester, it’s a big deal if it happened, a world record sale, this will give them big headlines and plenty of clicks as people say. However if he remains there will be plenty of positive media coverage about our ambition, and plenty of reports of man u’s weakening power and influence. Like your local neighbourhood gossip they will generally sensationalise whatever without favour or bias, this is why fans of all clubs accuse the media of being biased against them. 

Harry Maguire’s former defensive partner Michael Dawson, says the England centre-back should be rewarded for his performances at the King Power Stadium with a move to Man Spew, why? He points out that Maguire has emerged as one of the Premiere Leagues best defenders, while he has also established himself as a first choice for England over the last two years, so he should have a 'massive' transfer to United!! Why don’t all the clubs just let Mann U buy all their best players for peanuts so they can maintain their massiveness!! No wonder everyone is sick of them.

• Like 1

Very much a look of first team and second team out there today, subject of course to Wilf coming into the first team. I know it's still pre-season etc but I think you can read into those teams at least three things (maybe four if Maguire starting therefore isn't leaving is one):

1. Ghezzal is now a sub for the ressies! He's got to go and we'll have to take a big hit;
  2. Mendy is probably leaving;
  3. We need, above all, a goal-scoring winger (not a goal-scoring wide forward like Perez). It's the only weakness in our first XI.