Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Not only do big clubs think that can just pick off the players of the non top 6 pl clubs (thereby maintaining the gulf)... but they can keep a soap opera going that destabilises the pre season.

The time has come to close the Top Shop and to focus on the coming season.  By doing this Top would send a clear message to all futurer enquirers.... put up or shut up... etc.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

Latest written gems by the Daily Express:

Harry Maguire has been tipped to complete his Old Trafford move as Leicester can’t turn down United’s offer.

Harry Maguire has been backed to quit Leicester.

At least these expressions differ from the usual stock  'we understand' - 'our sources have told us' - 'we are told'.   The Express really is up there with the Sun, Sky Sports News and the Star.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Latest written gems by the Daily Express:

Harry Maguire has been tipped to complete his Old Trafford move as Leicester can’t turn down United’s offer.

Harry Maguire has been backed to quit Leicester.

At least these expressions differ from the usual stock  'we understand' - 'our sources have told us' - 'we are told'.   The Express really is up there with the Sun, Sky Sports News and the Star.

Presumably if a lot of money has been bet on it, it's true, strictly speaking.

If though, it's being done just to generate more betting, then it's revolting.

Another headline delivery for click-bait..

And sh@t stirring!!

Demarai Gray not worried about Harry Maguire joining Manchester United

But then it's further reported he goes on.....

Speaking on the subject of Maguire, Gray said:“He’s played tonight, got himself a goal and he’s fine, the team is fine.

“I don’t think he’s disgruntled or anything, so there’s nothing to worry about. Harry’s just getting on with it.”

First the clever mis-use,but not quite out of context..

A double meaning,can be first taken

2 ways....

But one sees later Gray means it 

Towards the positive side for club & team..

Or is it the fans??  Have we become so cynical..we see agendas in every

Daily-rag!!!  ??

Edited by fuchsntf

You would think the logical deadline would be two weeks before the season starts which gives us a reasonable amount of time to get a replacement if we so desire.

If Man Utd want Maguire then I would imagine it's now or never for them. They don't appear to have a Plan B if they don't get Maguire. It will be interesting to see if Maguire plays versus Stoke today. If he does then the deal is nowhere near being done IMO and if he doesn't then that speaks volumes. 

31 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You would think the logical deadline would be two weeks before the season starts which gives us a reasonable amount of time to get a replacement if we so desire.

If Man Utd want Maguire then I would imagine it's now or never for them. They don't appear to have a Plan B if they don't get Maguire. It will be interesting to see if Maguire plays versus Stoke today. If he does then the deal is nowhere near being done IMO and if he doesn't then that speaks volumes. 

It does, Leicester winding people up even further. If he turns down an 80 million quid deal it means to the outside world he thinks his value is higher and he wants to play at a higher level than Man Utd 

If he starts at Stoke then he stays, in my opinion.

If we’re starting him in our ‘first 11’ this close to the season starting then United must be absolutely miles off signing him. 

Add to that the fact that Brendan has spoken about a cut-off point (probably this weekend or early next week) then it just isn’t going to happen. 

Very chuffed that I managed to get £40 on him to stay at 7/1.

• Like 1

There's a possibility that the club are resigned to losing him. 

We've kept pretty tight lipped on "our valuation" of him, it's just repeatedly mentioned that the value has not been met. Then there's the "we have a deadline in mind" line, perhaps designed to put pressure on United to make the bid, a bid that would be well over his worth. To me there is definitely an air of who will twitch first on this. 

The message to me seems, partially at least, that we're dangling the carrot, here he is, come and get him, "leak" that his value is in excess of the world record fee for a defender and set a deadline to make them panic into paying said fee. £80million? £90million? £100million? Who knows.......

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Talkshite just been muttering in about big H again. All reckon he’ll go to Utd as they can’t afford for him not to. To me it just looks like they can’t afford him full stop. 

The weird bit is they are right, United have no option but to buy him, and obviously they can afford virtually any price and yet they are delaying and delaying. Seems like delaying on meeting our price so much is the only thing that risks it not happening at all. Not long left now...

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There's a possibility that the club are resigned to losing him. 

We've kept pretty tight lipped on "our valuation" of him, it's just repeatedly mentioned that the value has not been met. Then there's the "we have a deadline in mind" line, perhaps designed to put pressure on United to make the bid, a bid that would be well over his worth. To me there is definitely an air of who will twitch first on this. 

The message to me seems, partially at least, that we're dangling the carrot, here he is, come and get him, "leak" that his value is in excess of the world record fee for a defender and set a deadline to make them panic into paying said fee. £80million? £90million? £100million? Who knows.......

I'm not sure where there is any pressure or need to 'twitch' on our part.

The bottom line is we don't want to sell, we don't need to sell, however every player has his price, we've named that price.

The fact Man Utd were desperate early in the window, have signed no-one in that area and since had an injury to arguably their best CB (Best of a bad bunch), with less than 2 weeks of the windown left and rumours of us putting a deadline on the deal, only strengthens our position.

That's not to say we're not going to lose him but as far as i'm concerned it really is that simple.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

The weird bit is they are right, United have no option but to buy him, and obviously they can afford virtually any price and yet they are delaying and delaying. Seems like delaying on meeting our price so much is the only thing that risks it not happening at all. Not long left now...

I agree with that. They want him, they need him, yet they're fuching about. It’s just an odd state of affairs. Should have got it done early and allowed him a pre season with his new team mates and us an opportunity to get in a replacement if we considered it necessary. All this pissing about undermines OGS, his team planning and their fans belief in the club. Not that any of that really bothers me in the slightest, but as a massive enterprise their approach to this is shoddy at best. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure where there is any pressure or need to 'twitch' on our part.

The bottom line is we don't want to sell, we don't need to sell, however every player has his price, we've named that price.

As far as i'm concerned it really is that simple.

Whether or not we need to sell is another matter, we all believe that we don't NEED to sell. 

If we want to sell or not is the question here and we're not about to make it known to the world that we want to sell are we, or we don't get the ridiculous sum of money being banded about. 

If football, or any other form of negotiation in any business was that simple, the world be be far more harmonious.

We haven't named a price, we've just said that we have a value in mind and that value had not been met. Don't get me wrong, the pressure is far more on them than it is us. But the most telling thing through all of this, taking into account the "gentleman's agreement" the apparent "desire" of Maguire to go to one of the big boys and the fact that "our value has not been met", is that we haven't once said that he's not for sale at any price.

We've tempted potential suitors to get the best possible deal for us money wise. We might not NEED to sell, but I genuinely think that at some point we WANT to sell