Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

8 minutes ago, Filberts Treat said:

Somebody surely would of posted this but I think they’ll bid at the end of the window.   Purposefully not leaving us enough time to get a replacement further weakening us in the process. 

They can bid but if it's past our deadline (that will have been made plain as day to them) then they would be wasting their time!

Edited by Silva Fox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That would be an enormous gamble given that we've already shown how stubborn we can be in negotiations and that Rodgers has already clearly said that our own deadline precedes the official one. Why would we sell at the last minute with no time to find a replacement? We wouldn't. If Man Utd have any sense whatsoever, they'll know that waiting too long will mean they don't get Maguire, so I expect them to make a bid over the next few days.

I take it our headline has not been given publicly?

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats a big post :) You are almost as bad as me :D

Good points, and I will respond to each one. (Apologies if I miss one, as I will try to summarise your points)

1. Big 6 haven`t always been Big 6
    1. Yup, quite right. But they are now, the media seems push this more than is the actual truth. Plus London. :nono:
    2. After winning the league we hoped we were there, we weren't
    3. A sizeable duration at that level (Not winning the league, but top 6) is required before sales can with good concious being dismissed out of hand
  2. Tielemans
    1. Well this is a good case I agree. What got this over the line IMO, was not the fee, it was the loan. No-one else loaned him in January, got the chance to impress him.
    2. Excellent work by our requirement team
  3. How attractive as a club?
    1. In the point about the Big 6 you refer to the Big 6 not always being so, but here you very much allowing only discussion of the hear and now :D
    2. Having said that, in the here and now, I fully think we are very attractive club, especially for young talent. We define a clear pathway into the first XI, and this is a very appealing aspect to new recruits
  4. In conclusion
    1. Not saying I am biased or owt, but we, as a club, are a tremedously attractive prospect for recruits look to
      1. Make some nice cash
      2. Get some first team experience in the Premier League
      3. Develop in a nurturing and supporting playing environment

I am extremly positive in the direction this club is going (Please do not think otherwise!), but I am also concious that continuing such good work must continue until we have a run of several seasons at the top table.

:scarf:

I think in a boring way i was trying to say things happen in cycles & at some point as shown in history the top 6 will change & i refer to top6 fully on a footballing front not commercial, whilst i also understand getting a regular top 6 place helps this also but i'm a footballing man not a business man, so talk football :)

Leicester are & have been enjoying a rather nice cycle, the best thing ever to happen to the club in footballing terms was to be relegated to Lge 1, obviously not for those that lost their livelyhoods, but it meant we were able to sweep clean & re-invent ourselves from top to bottom & this is where i was going with the line chart. You take a stamp from then till now its a healthy rise, if we look at Man U, & only fixating on them due to red cafe poster, if you take a stamp from when SAF stepped down their line on the chart is not so rosey so who's to say somewhere in the future cycle this blue line might just cross over the red line.

• Like 2

Square heads,slab heads ...he's off to

Bayern next summer..:P

They couldn't afford him...!!

Transfer nor wages...

If we got into top 6,many wages will go up slightly....top 4 ,considerably for some of the younger 1st teamers & Harry...

Vardy, Kasper ,Albrighton,more in bonuses I imagine. Or released in 2 seasons for big pay off in China...

Though I still see,us competing well,

with Wolves etc, Manutd & Arsenal will

upset quite a few and prove their top 6

Valuation...

Some of not liked my use of chasm..You can throw me down it,Wheelchair,empty head as well,in fact I will jump myself

If any of the chasing pack,push any of the top 6 off their pedestals...by 7pts plus and Repeat it the following seasons....

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.thumb.png.33a7a78b0cf5c99f30afd51dde2a0a78.png

So basically, nothing has changed in this transfer (AFAIK)

Man Utd still being Man Utd

Their fans still being their fans

:nono:

Woo Hoo - Harry stays

i think if that’s the final offer we should counter-offer for just the £60m..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

D545154F-C0F5-4824-A664-2A3FB1A0EDF0.thumb.jpeg.37f3a230481b133dfd7541908d36b6e1.jpeg

Nah we’re good thanks. 

They literally have no clue about any other club than their own. Why the hell would we want Darmian when we have Ricardo and Justin. Half of them probably dont know who Ricardo is! 

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.thumb.png.33a7a78b0cf5c99f30afd51dde2a0a78.png

So basically, nothing has changed in this transfer (AFAIK)

Man Utd still being Man Utd

Their fans still being their fans

:nono:

Woo Hoo - Harry stays

Mate, why are you constantly looking through the Man United forum for things that piss you off?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Mate, why are you constantly looking through the Man United forum for things that piss you off?

Doesn`t piss me off - why would it? :dunno:

If my posts are pissing you off, then I will desist from posting stuff like this.

I said many pages ago other than financially I don’t understand why he’d want to go to Man Utd in their current state.

That aside another thing I’d be mulling over if I were Maguire is, do they really want me? They were desperate and panicking before the Bailly injury, they made an enquiry, did they actually bid - I’m not sure - If they did it was rejected, either way they never followed it up, now Bailly is injured, they are really desperate and panicking - do they really want him, why has it took so long after the enquiry/rejected bid to follow it up or do something about the situation.

1 minute ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I'm guessing here, But I think something will happen regarding this over the weekend. 

Medical in Stoke? :dunno: 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I said many pages ago other than financially I don’t understand why he’d want to go to Man Utd in their current state.

That aside another thing I’d be mulling over if I were Maguire is, do they really want me? They were desperate and panicking before the Bailly injury, they made an enquiry, did they actually bid - I’m not sure - If they did it was rejected, either way they never followed it up, now Bailly is injured, they are really desperate and panicking - do they really want him, why has it took so long after the enquiry/rejected bid to follow it up or do something about the situation.

Medical in Stoke? :dunno: 

I doubt that, More like a fee being agreed. 

So since they're now desperate, Bailly is injured, Ole desperately needing someone and Alderwiereld's clause has expired. 

100+ Million please. We hold all the cards. We're Leicester City. We don't have to sell. They can low ball us and offer us as many of their cast off average players they want to but if we don't want any of them, no dice.

Harry hasn't handed in a transfer request and at the rate it's going.. Why would he? All this talk about Manchester being the bigger club. True. But are they currently the 'better' club? 

The fact that in the last few years since Sir Alex retired, there's no cohesiveness, no footballing identity. Just a global brand, relying on past fortunes, buying shiny objects willy-nilly to maximise their commercial ability but barely having a successful team. Englands Galacticos, but without a Capello authority to stamp leadership and ideals. 

• Like 1

Just walked my dog along the canal past the football ground, emergency speakers came on telling everyone to evacuate the stadium.

Ed Woodward has probably turned up having a mental breakdown and has taken our executives hostage.

Guest Markyblue

Breaking news on sky, man utd are useless tossers who couldn't scout badon Powell's backside so they want to take other teams star players for2/3 of their value.

Michael Dawson (fountain of all football knowledge, or thick northern ex Forest ****, I will let you decide) has been on Sky's transfer talk and said it will be completed before the deadline, so there you go, close thread, no more to debate, Michael Dawson has spoken.