Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

It's already too late IMO.

In recent windows, the deals we completed in the first half of the transfer window (Ndidi, Maguire, Madders, Ricky) have generally been considerably better than the ones we've completed in the second half (Slim, Soy, Ghezzal). I don't have much confidence in us spending the money wisely at this point in the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Would like 

i) Man Utd to offer the asking price 

ii) Leicester to accept 

iii) Maguire to speak to Man Utd 

iv) Maguire to decide he prefers to stay at Leicester 

if he gets a sniff that Man City might come back in for him in Jan or and if the season, it is not against the realms of possibility...

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

if he gets a sniff that Man City might come back in for him in Jan or and if the season, it is not against the realms of possibility...

Now I'm excited again.stop doing thisyo meyou bastard thread.

That would be so much better than just keeping him for a bit cos they wont stump up.

They'll come in at the last minute of the deadline we have set hoping Maguire might put in a transfer request first which means they may get him a bit cheaper.  Either way the offer will come and It will give them a good psychological boost before the season starts and have a similar but opposite effect on us ...  and put pressure on us to sort out a replacement in time  We’ve put a value on him so the ball is in their court ...    not ours unfortunately...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

I am still expecting this to be completed before the end of the window, hope I am wrong.

Me too although the way united have handled it shows what a sh1tshow they are running up there. Harry should sit tight and get his big move next summer if he still wants to re will be more suitors then and maybe Man City will dig a bit deeper for him 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Me too although the way united have handled it shows what a sh1tshow they are running up there. Harry should sit tight and get his big move next summer if he still wants to re will be more suitors then and maybe Man City will dig a bit deeper for him 

No bigger move in English football the Man United.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I think if he stays and doesn’t kick up a fuss, he’ll go to Man City for less than we’re asking this window. Top seems like a fair man and mutual respect will go a long way. 

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

They'll come in at the last minute of the deadline we have set hoping Maguire might put in a transfer request first which means they may get him a bit cheaper.  Either way the offer will come and It will give them a good psychological boost before the season starts and have a similar but opposite effect on us ...  and put pressure on us to sort out a replacement in time  We’ve put a value on him so the ball is in their court ...    not ours unfortunately...

We may have put a value on him but it sounds like we have also given a deadline for any offers to come in. I'd imaging Maguire is aware of this and United will know this too, although it may not stop them from making a bid. Obviously Sky Sports and other media outlets are not going to report any such deadline as it will ruin their narrative. So far Maguire has handled himself amicably, which contradicts the nonsense of him kicking off for a move. It sounds very much to me like he's open to a move but not actively seeking it. I genuinely believe the ball is fully in our court.

Going to Man United WAS and always will be a lure for players BUT.... there’s never been a less attractive time for a player to go there! 

OGS is not a proven manager and there is trouble within the camp... and I can’t see them being in the top 5 this season.

Harry seriously needs to look at his best options and that is probably a move to Man City or stay here... 

Honestly Maguire would be better to wait until the Jan window to work out if Man Utd have a chance at reaching Europe and if Man City enter into the proceeding properly. It's a bit of a bastard for Benkovic, Soy and the u23s though. I honestly wouldn't mind if Maguire leaves. He can be a bit shakey defensively but makes up for that with this runs forward. Now we have Tielemans, Barnes and decent attacking winger and a DM who can pass I honestly don't think his attacking runs are quite as important as before - and we have adequate CBs who can play out from the back anyway.

Starting to think that if Evans can stay fit, we would be ok for Soyuncu to step into Maguire's place. He certainly wouldn't be straight replacement from day one (No-one realistic would be), but feel he would get there within the space of a season.