Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

I think the time has already been reached where we say no . There is no guarantee that any club we approach for a replacement will agree to sell and the roles would then be reversed with us paying over the odds trying to get a deal done. 90M is a fair price in these circumstances.Don't think there is anything imminent or he would not be in the squad for tomorrow. If he is withdrawn then ............  

• Like 1

Maguire tweeted about a game for the first time this season after Tuesday. Been very quiet football related until then, deadline very close now? Very naive of us if we leave ourselves less than a week to replace him should he leave 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Maguire tweeted about a game for the first time this season after Tuesday. Been very quiet football related until then, deadline very close now? Very naive of us if we leave ourselves less than a week to replace him should he leave 

We won't have to replace him though. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8235158

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We do all realise that, one day, we are going to need a favour off Man Utd?

I agree we can't just roll.over and show our tummies....but it's not good business practice to rub their nose in it either and start moving goalposts

Unfortunately pragmatism is better than principle sometimes.

It's naive to think any top flight club would do a favour for any other top flight club,

it's dog eat dog.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

It's naive to think any top flight club would do a favour for any other top flight club,

it's dog eat dog.

It's not naïve. It's business. If we said £75m no later than 10 days before the window....then move the goalposts to £90m - karma will, one day, get you back.

There will be a time we need a drinky, de last, Matty James, Jesse lingard again.

It works both ways. I'd never, ever deal.with sporting Lisbon (or whoever it was) that upped the fee for Silva at the last minute and caused the delay. Unless, of course, it was to rip them off.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's not naïve. It's business. If we said £75m no later than 10 days before the window....then move the goalposts to £90m - karma will, one day, get you back.

There will be a time we need a drinky, de last, Matty James, Jesse lingard again.

It works both ways. I'd never, ever deal.with sporting Lisbon (or whoever it was) that upped the fee for Silva at the last minute and caused the delay. Unless, of course, it was to rip them off.

If they're lowballing us by a significant amount then they're the ones with the problem tbh. Far as I can tell we set our stall out early, told them the price and haven't budged since. The deeper in the window it goes the tougher we have to be.

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

If they're lowballing us by a significant amount then they're the ones with the problem tbh. Far as I can tell we set our stall out early, told them the price and haven't budged since. The deeper in the window it goes the tougher we have to be.

Agreed. But upping the price is a mistake unless we were very clear to both Maguire AND Utd that this would happen after a certain date. 

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Chris Karma?.. 

He's great on Goals on Sunday. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We didn't need a Jesse Lingard then, I'd rather not have one in the future also.

• Like 3

Time’s running out. It’s not only that we’ll need to find a replacement, it’s the club that’ll have to find their replacement etc and the knock on effect.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Time’s running out. It’s not only that we’ll need to find a replacement, it’s the club that’ll have to find their replacement etc and the knock on effect.

United know this and have known this for the entire window. We'll be painted as bad guys though for holding Maguire back.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Do you know what final deadline we've set for bids Bert?