Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

9 minutes ago, M0901 said:

So it's taken 322 pages to establish absolutely nothing has happened? Can't be arsed to read through this. 

That input’s equally as pointless as the rest of the s*** in here. Glad you informed us all. 

1 minute ago, oxford blue said:

If Brighton sign Webster from Bristol City, I wonder if this may ne beginning of the end of this thread:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/30/brighton-close-on-25m-deal-for-bristol-city-defender-adam-webster

Well Abrasive said not Dunk nor Tarkowski should Maguire leave, so this transfer seems to have little relevance to the presumed Maguire one :dunno:

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

In my defence, I was half asleep at the time, had only been up about 15 minutes ;)

No worries, I understand you can't pick up on every single thing.

Just utterly fed up with pundits, media (On a whole) and people chatting shite, I understand they don't know the ins and outs or follow stories closely to know all the details but the are litterally chatting shit whilst stating things as fact and you're our platform to put them right :thumbup:

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

If Brighton sign Webster from Bristol City, I wonder if this may ne beginning of the end of this thread:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/30/brighton-close-on-25m-deal-for-bristol-city-defender-adam-webster

But it's all arse about face. United are supposed to buy Maguire. We're supposed to buy Dunk. Then Brighton buy this guy. That's how the chain is supposed to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

May be we sign Webster and dump Dunk? Cheaper younger OPTION and like Dunk no better than we have:dunno:.  Waste much less money.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

No worries, I understand you can't pick up on every single thing.

Just utterly fed up with pundits, media (On a whole) and people chatting shite, I understand they don't know the ins and outs or follow stories closely to know all the details but the are litterally chatting shit whilst stating things as fact and you're our platform to put them right :thumbup:

I'm actually quite enjoying the fact that we, Leicester City, are trolling the world.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Man U fans seen in Norway friendly with Maguire shirts???

May be a Bell-End convention going on in same City ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

When you do the math it might not make economic sense. Let's assume we sell Maguire late in the window, and do not have time to secure a replacement (and get him up to speed) until next summer:

Based on @Xen

80m - 17m = 63m profit. (The £17m is ours to keep)

15% of 63m = 9.45m sell-on fee to Hull

80m - 9.45m = 70.55m into Leicester's coffers.

Then let's say the difference in keeping Maguire vs losing him is finishing 6th vs 10th (My personal assumption):

Prize Money 

6th - £28.5million

10th - £20.9million

Difference = £7.6million

So £70.55M

Reduced by £7.6M in prize money (6th vs 10th place finish)

= £62.95M

Facility Fee (money earned from # of TV matches)

Big 6 clubs host more TV games than other 14 clubs, regardless of what happens in the table, but each additional TV appearance was worth about £1.13M. Let's assume Leicester are on TV 4 more times minimum = £4.5M

£62.95M

Reduced by £4.5M in Facility Fees (6th vs 10th place finish)

£58.45M

Europa League

Finishing 6th would qualify us for the group stage:

Participation Bonus €2.6 million (Guaranteed) for each 40 teams who play in the group stages
Performance Bonus  €570,000 for every win & €190,000 for a draw
Group Stage Bonus €1 million to group winners and €500,000 for group runnerups

At minimum, we'd be looking at £2.3M just for showing up and losing each game of the group stage. At best, we'd make £6.43M for winning the group (and each game).

If we continued a run through the Europa League, it would be possible to win up to £20-30M in the competition.

But let's just be conservative, and say we won £5M in the Europa League, including the prize money, the ticket sales, the extra merchandise, etc.

£58.45M

Reduced by £5M  in Europa League money

= £53.45

So that £53M is what we'd have to spend to replace a premier league, international team quality centerback. Meanwhile, we just wasted a year of having Maddison, Vardy, Tielemans, etc. all under a manager like Brendan Rodgers. 

:appl:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Definitely a lot of money for us. It's just annoying it's got the potential to happen this late in the window, this should have been done and dusted weeks ago or we should have set an earlier deadline. Looking at it from the outside though, is Harry that great a player? He's good, but is he world class or worth 80m? No.

I have a feeling the deadline is already gone but the agent and man utd are arrogant enough to ignore it.

Its not really much of a deadline if its during the last week of the window.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Wait, what? Why would we take off the fee we initially paid, and then take off the sell-on percentage from the original total on top of that? That makes no sense. We take in £80m, thenwe have to pay 15% of the profit only to Hull.

Assuming the sale is 80m, then its:

80m - 17m = 63m profit. (The £17m is ours to keep)

15% of 63m = 9.45m sell-on fee to Hull

80m - 9.45m = 70.55m into Leicester's coffers.

Most people are forgetting harrys loyalty payment which would be payable due to no transfer request.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Totally agree.

I'd have rather sold him for 70m on the opening day of the window than 90m on the last week of the window.

Selling Maguire for 70m and buying Dunk and Tielemans for the money would have been great business if we'd done it early doors.

Agreed, timing is more important than 20million in my view.  If we sell now I would consider it failed strategy.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We should only sell if the figure and structure of the deal is correct AND if he actively wants to leave. Especially this late in the window. 

Whats the point in selling for £80m+, strengthening a direct rival, weakening our team, losing our best central defender and signing a sub par replacement for £30-50m!? 

In all honesty its already extremely late in the window, we should be refusing "any" offer at this point.