Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Go for Ake. If we are to be successful this season it will be the result of our attack- Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison, Chilwell and Ricardo. If they get their act together there won’t be too much defending to do

• Like 1

23 hours ago, car1os said:

But I think Rudkin has learned. We didn’t sell early in the window as Man U didn’t bid at our asking price so that’s on them, not us.  

Also... In that time, we brought in Perez, James and Tielemans and they’ve had a full pre-season. So we’ve done good business early in this window, and United have dragged their feet

If you have an intention of selling when they come back with a higher bid then you either sell early for less, or set a deadline midway through window and at that point flat out reject all bids.

When man utd fans were asked why are they not giving up, they gave a reasonable answer which was "because your club didnt flat out reject meaning they willing to sell".

We as much as a selling club as southampton, the main difference has been we have recruited somewhat better with the replacements.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Have a look at the Rotherham goals, he looked at fault for those, I'm not  normally negative but I don't think he's that great, maybe it's because I think Harry was the dogs, I think we're going to miss him more than many on here realise. 

Hardest position to play in football cos you’re always at fault for a goal, unless it’s a worldie. Never hear anyone say a striker is at fault for not scoring.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

If you have an intention of selling when they come back with a higher bid then you either sell early for less, or set a deadline midway through window and at that point flat out reject all bids.

When man utd fans were asked why are they not giving up, they gave a reasonable answer which was "because your club didnt flat out reject meaning they willing to sell".

Harry is was still being reasonable though. That all changed when he wouldn’t play tonight. If he’d done that before he would be gone already most likely.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Harry is was still being reasonable though. That all changed when he wouldn’t play tonight. If he’d done that before he would be gone already most likely.

Are you saying he refused to play rather than been left out?

The solution to that isnt to sell, the problem with selling, is its a sign of weakness and means all a player has to do to get sold is to refuse to play a game right?, A nasty precedent been set.  Instead just suspend players until he starts playing again.

But is that actually what happened he refused to play, and "without" a transfer request?  I mean to sell without a transfer request seems insanity at this late stage.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

Go for Ake. If we are to be successful this season it will be the result of our attack- Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison, Chilwell and Ricardo. If they get their act together there won’t be too much defending to do

It's the Premier League, there's always defending to do, we need someone I think, could Cahill do a job for the season perhaps? Give us some insurance whilst we look for some quality. 

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

Come off it, he's England's best centre half. He'll be one of the the first bloody names on the Euros teamsheet bar injury.

Who is he competing against - Phil Jones, John Stones, James Tarkowski, Jo Gomez, Chris Smalling. Very average players

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It's the Premier League, there's always defending to do, we need someone I think, could Cahill do a job for the season perhaps? Give us some insurance whilst we look for some quality. 

Reasonable shout. Then spend the money on bringing Riyad back

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Problem is Maguire probably wanted to go to United last summer and we agreed to let him leave this summer for a price.

We got him on a new long term deal to push up his price a bit, an extra season out of him and moved on this summer.

I imagine that's what has happened. I think it's clear he wanted to leave so there is only so much we can do despite the length of contract

So if I understand you right are you saying contracts are not enforceable? as you said there was little we could do.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Hardest position to play in football cos you’re always at fault for a goal, unless it’s a worldie. Never hear anyone say a striker is at fault for not scoring.

Yeah good job this is true otherwise Iheanacho would get a real hard time on here

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Wonder if the mischievous Mods will lock thread on 399?

I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I quoted on the 400th page.

Don't you dare put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby! 

• Haha 1

Good player and very likeable but he was going to go and, to be honest, getting Tielemans in was the biggest part of this summer. Huge week ahead to get a replacement in.

It's a huge move for him and the scrutiny will be intense.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So then.... so far we’ve made a profit of £12m this summer. Remember when people were giving the big one about spending big a week ago lol

Always wait until the end of the window before giving it large, it’s the golden rule. 

I believe this was the plan all along, but delayed sale to maximise pre season sales, optimism from fans etc.  As after all the net expenditure is not far off recent seasons.

Profit if the fee is 85m is actually about 4m tho as he has a 8m loyalty bonus.  This also assumes we dont buy anyone else this summer.

Edited by Chrysalis

So what's the next possible stumbling block? 

Now the fee has been agreed, will Maguire himself is holding out for extortionate wages that he not worth?

Man Utd offering 200k a week but he's pushing for 250k.

With an added 50k per clean sheet and 20k if he has to partner Smalling or Jones.