Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Little old Leicester City :appl:

I thought for once we were showing some ambition, fighting off the big boys, trying to compete with them or atleast not being dictated to.

Nah. Let's now get our pants pulled down on a replacement and make the whole deal not worth it.

I understand we can't have it both way of demanding such a big price for him then expect to replace cheaply but that's exactly the point i'm making, we didn't need to sell, we didn't want to sell but we did sell and created this problem for ourselves and deeming the deal pointless.

Next year we would have had a clearer picture of what was needed, sold on our terms (for cheaper, I accept that). But nah, bow down to the 'big boys' like the selling club that we are.

Problem is Maguire probably wanted to go to United last summer and we agreed to let him leave this summer for a price.

We got him on a new long term deal to push up his price a bit, an extra season out of him and moved on this summer.

I imagine that's what has happened. I think it's clear he wanted to leave so there is only so much we can do despite the length of contract

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Paid an extra £25m, despite not being anywhere near as good as he was the year before :crylaugh:

This. At the end of last season I thought that in the previous 9 months he'd been slightly 'found out', and that a 60 million fee was no longer likely. Spot on, as it happens.

• Like 2

Just now, The Guvnor said:

No need for any Leicester fan to be disrespectful on here to Harry. Didn't want him to leave but he feels he is progressing his career and every player has a price.

He is a great player and I wish him all the best.

I would think it's tough for any English kid to resist when ManU come calling.  Play for England/play for Man U. If you have your chance, you probably jump at that. If they come for Maddison & Chilwell, it's going to be a similar situation.  And if the club stands in their way, that might be a problem down the line when recruiting other players.  As soon as he said he wanted to play there, he was probably gone. Kudo's to the club for forcing ManU to step up and pay though.

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

No need for any Leicester fan to be disrespectful on here to Harry. Didn't want him to leave but he feels he is progressing his career and every player has a price.

He is a great player and I wish him all the best.

I think you meant a good player.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We’ve made £210 million on an outlay of £23.4m from Kante, Maguire, Drinky and Mahrez. That’s some going.

Credit where credit is due. Susan Whelan & Jon Rudkin have been outstanding with regards to the negotiations. It’s refreshing to have a no nonsense approach to the so called big clubs.

a good deal for a good player, which he is, a good player for us. I think he can be replaced in his position and that represents this being a sensible and pragmatic sale. others within the team would be a lot harder to replace, so if this funds our squad further then i'm happy with it being a means to an end. No one likes to lose players that are of his quality, but i can make my peace with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Hol' up...

We're the selling club in a deal that will make him the most expensive defender in history.

That's quite something.

I actually didn't think they'd cough up. Part of me thinks we've absolutely pulled their pants down with this. But whatever, it's United. 

Live feed from Belvoir Drive:

giphy.gif

mmMRruw.gif

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sick of people on here showing bitterness/changing their tune.

Maguire is an absolutely brilliant footballer and we're now worse off without him.

All these "Rudking" etc posts are ****ing miles too premature. Lets wait to see if he spends this money on a replacement and a winger. Both a starting CB and a starting winger are huge priorities now and we've caved in without those players with 6 days to go.

If the season were to start tomorrow then i'd be shitting myself. Soyuncu just is not good enough. Yet.

That's just hyperbole - he's a good footballer, but not £90 million good, and whether we're worse off without him remains to be seen.

We've gone on to thrive after losing far better and more influential players than him, and will continue to do so I'm sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Does seem ironic to me now though, that this has been agreed now Brighton have signed another centre back. I may be wrong but maybe we might have been reluctant to accept until Brighton got cover for our target? 

@LinekersApples has mentioned about the domino affect many times before? 

They’re keen to play 3 at the back apparently 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

What about slimani, Silva, Diabate, ghezzal, kuputska, can these be classed as write offs? 

Depends what fees we recover for each. 

Musa was a flop but at least we got our money back

Edited by Stevosevic

27 minutes ago, ScotchFox said:

I feel he's making the wrong choice for his career. Guaranteed a Euro 2020 start if he stayed at Leicester but it he doesn't settle with that big price tag he might not even make the squad. I would of given it one more year at Leicester then he could of possibly gone to Man City I believe his 1st choice

Come off it, he's England's best centre half. He'll be one of the the first bloody names on the Euros teamsheet bar injury.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’ve only seen him start once, against Huddersfield, and he gave a peno away in that game, shouldn’t judge on one game I know, but he didn’t look that good against a relegated side. Time will tell though.

Have a look at the Rotherham goals, he looked at fault for those, I'm not  normally negative but I don't think he's that great, maybe it's because I think Harry was the dogs, I think we're going to miss him more than many on here realise. 

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sick of people on here showing bitterness/changing their tune.

Maguire is an absolutely brilliant footballer and we're now worse off without him.

All these "Rudking" etc posts are ****ing miles too premature. Lets wait to see if he spends this money on a replacement and a winger. Both a starting CB and a starting winger are huge priorities now and we've caved in without those players with 6 days to go.

If the season were to start tomorrow then i'd be shitting myself. Soyuncu just is not good enough. Yet.

I totally agree with this.