Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So then.... so far we’ve made a profit of £12m this summer. Remember when people were giving the big one about spending big a week ago lol

Always wait until the end of the window before giving it large, it’s the golden rule. 

Said the man pontificating prior to the end of the window...

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Said the man pontificating prior to the end of the window...

I’ve said bugger all compared to that lot... but I shall when that window shuts if we’ve not spent another £80m

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Good luck to Maguire, but I think the reality of playing with the arrogant, egotistical ****s at Man U will hit him as soon as he steps in that dressing room. I don’t think he’ll be able to fit into the squad the way he was a part of it at Leicester. The glitz and glam of playing with Pogba and co. won’t be all it’s made out to be when he’s underperforming and missing his mates at Leicester. The 250k going into his bank account each week will make up for it tho. Hopefully United fail but he still does alright. 

I think the pressure might get to him as well. He's now the most expensive defender in the world.  He HAS to be brilliant. He HAS to make a massive difference. Van Dijk levels of quality near every week. If (or given what we've seen for the past 2 years, when) he doesn't reach those levels he will be mocked and hammered, first by the legions who despise Man Utd, then the media and then the glory hunting Utd fans who's expectations will be dashed again. He's got far more chance of becoming the next Phil Jones than the next Van Dijk in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

A few getting carried away saying he's not all that or he'll flop but let's be honest he's going to be a great asset for Man Utd:  Will probably chip in 5 or so goals from set-pieces over the season and although we like to say defending's his weak point he's still better than what they currently have.  It's possible he won't live up to fan expectations but there's no chance he'll do a Drinkwater because he's absolutely their best CB whereas we all knew Danny was walking into a difficult fight for his spot.  Not to mention he's still only 26 so we probably haven't seen peak Maguire yet depending on how well OGS and his successors manage him

Still though, £80m+, we've done brilliantly to get that much.  I'm hoping this marks the start of a very interesting week for us but even if it doesn't we're still left in a very good place for a club looking to build a solid foundation for the future.

I mean really, £80m+, how the hell have we done that? lol 

Anyone saying he's shit or going to flop there is either joking, bitter or should stop watching football. While not worth 85M, he's still a very good defender and leagues ahead of Jones or Smalling.

• Like 1

Average defender who is English.Played well for Englang against the poorer opponents.He played ok for us and used us for a leg up.He aint no kante or Riyhad and has not helped us win a Trophy.God knows how much Walsby and Elliot would be worth in this crazy market.Nice one Rudders Man u have been well and truly  done.Good luck Harry.......move on .

• Thanks 1

We deliberately overpriced him thinking there’s no way they are paying that only for them to go and do it. It’s a phenomenal bit of business. But on the other hand he could turn into a great signing for them and the amount will soon be forgotten . Or might turn out to be of the most hilarious transfers of all time. Time will tell I guess.

Sick of people on here showing bitterness/changing their tune.

Maguire is an absolutely brilliant footballer and we're now worse off without him.

All these "Rudking" etc posts are ****ing miles too premature. Lets wait to see if he spends this money on a replacement and a winger. Both a starting CB and a starting winger are huge priorities now and we've caved in without those players with 6 days to go.

If the season were to start tomorrow then i'd be shitting myself. Soyuncu just is not good enough. Yet.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I'll miss him.

Worried this will make us weaker and make our direct rival stronger. 

It does indeed. Nothing good about this. Today is a sad day and anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

• Like 2

I feel he's making the wrong choice for his career. Guaranteed a Euro 2020 start if he stayed at Leicester but it he doesn't settle with that big price tag he might not even make the squad. I would of given it one more year at Leicester then he could of possibly gone to Man City I believe his 1st choice

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Maguire is an absolutely brilliant footballer and we're now worse off without him.

All these "Rudking" etc posts are ****ing miles too premature. Lets wait to see if he spends this money on a replacement and a winger. Both a starting CB and a starting winger are huge priorities now and we've caved in without those players with 6 days to go.

If the season were to start tomorrow then i'd be shitting myself. Soyuncu just is not good enough. Yet.

Totally agree. Harry is a very good footballer, and quite what he offers is very difficult to replace. This deal felt inevitable despite all our "fleece Utd" protestations.

But, we are in a powerful position, and hope we use it to the best of our capabilities.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Sorry but as much as I didn't want him to go, he is far from a brilliant footballer, he is a very good defender but he is not world class,  and for 80 mill +  you expect to buy world class .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nepa fox said:

Only way to get better for Caglar is to play. I say plug him in.

Like any footballer, it’s the risk though isn’t it. Man Utd weren’t prepared to take a risk, that’s why they bought proven quality.

lets go and get Lewis Dunk then. Try not to spend 45 million though

we should have waited to announce the Maguire stuff as late as possible, now we're going to get rinsed on any deal :(

I don't trust Benkovic. Soyuncu looks alright but still feel we are one light in that area now

would love to use the money like so - 40m ish on a really good defender, someone who is going to come in and be solid from day 1 and doesn't have to get used to the league, then 20 mill on Butland, can learn under Schmeichel for a year, is Brexit proof. Good competition. Bank the other 20 mill for a rainy day and beers and donuts