Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Goober said:

Do wonder how Brendan feels about this. Can't imagine he'll be too pleased about losing him a week before the season starts. 

I imagine it's been mooted for a while and he'll have known. Yes, he's played a pre-season but I do wonder if part of that was to keep up appearances and strengthen our bargaining position.

Evans and Morgan partnership for the first few games to get people up to speed - if nobody comes in as replacement. 

I am not entirely convinced we'll sign any more players this window. 

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

How are you including the buying price and the buying price of a replacement? That makes literally no sense

And the wages Maguire received, we've had two years playing service out of him.

We'd soon be the richest club in the world if every player we bought ended up being a break even including wages. 

• Like 3

I've been on here 11 years.... and that from Linekers Lugs is single handedly the stupidest shit i've ever read on here!!! (including my defence of Lee Congerton using Sunderland signings lol)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa this is extraordinary, Man Utd are the gift that keep on giving. Hopefully they'll come in for Ndidi next summer for half a billion.

As far as i'm concerned, Maguire for us isn't as indispensable as Vardy is or Mahrez was up to a point. He's also not really achieved any tangible success with us either so the thought of losing him doesn't bother me at all. That might sound callous or harsh but that's just how I feel in an era where we have experienced the most unimaginable highs and are following that up with sustained growth to the club. I thank him for his service, he will always get my support in an England shirt where I believe he is a colossus compared to what he is with us. Now give Brendan all of it and go and get Leon Bailey, Ziyech or Hirving Lozano.

PAAAAARTY AND BULL SHIT

I'm exactly the same. We all liked him but Mahrez, Kante, even Drinkwater going hit me more. I was more disappointed at the thought of Vardy going to Arsenal than the reality of Maguire going to Man Utd.

I sense opportunity with this one. We can become a better team from this deal. Just play it right. Very big week for us.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

You really don’t get how football works do you matey? You need to sell now and then to reinvest produce talent and repeat while strengthening our squad over time. Our club have played an absolute blinder here 

Err yes I do, and please tell me how we have strengthened our defence. We’ve bought a lad back from Celtic who was injured for half the season and we will probably have to spend 3/4 of the Maguire profit on an older downgrade and if that don’t work out because neither him or soyunco are premiership proven, we go back to Morgan who incidentally needs a reinvestment in his legs. Matey.

The football world has gone completely crazy. 85m for a slow defensive player.

Congrats to LCFC on this utterly insane but greatest deal in football history.

To celebrate with the Foxes fans, the club should sell the tickets to the home game against ManUnited for 85pence...

I would still offer ManU, if they might want Gray as a bonus gift....

6 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

So we get the replacement for free to me that’s good if I buy and sell a couple of houses then get one free that’s good keep taking the clown juice ?

But if you sell at a huge profit and move into a house you already own?

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I've been on here 11 years.... and that from Linekers Lugs is single handedly the stupidest shit i've ever read on here!!! (including my defence of Lee Congerton using Sunderland signings lol)

Been here 14... 'Kitchboxer' is still the best for me, for some reason...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Err yes I do, and please tell me how we have strengthened our defence. We’ve bought a lad back from Celtic who was injured for half the season and we will probably have to spend 3/4 of the Maguire profit on an older downgrade and if that don’t work out because neither him or soyunco are premiership proven, we go back to Morgan who incidentally needs a reinvestment in his legs. Matey.

You could use last year's example of selling Mahrez for a decent figure and then finding Maddison to replace him. 

Given our transfer record over the past twelve months, nothing to say we can't do this again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I'm exactly the same. We all liked him but Mahrez, Kante, even Drinkwater going hit me more. I was more disappointed at the thought of Vardy going to Arsenal than the reality of Maguire going to Man Utd.

I sense opportunity with this one. We can become a better team from this deal. Just play it right. Very big week for us.

If you have a great scouting network and negotiating team then the more you dip in and out of the transfer market the better. I'm not saying we have btw but the point stands.

I'm also a great believer in selling players at peak value, you won't go too far wrong with this strategy. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Matey it don’t work in the world of football that you can constantly buy and not sell  so now and then sell buy sensibly and we are up and moving again one step back and 2 forward 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I imagine it's been mooted for a while and he'll have known. Yes, he's played a pre-season but I do wonder if part of that was to keep up appearances and strengthen our bargaining position.

Evans and Morgan partnership for the first few games to get people up to speed - if nobody comes in as replacement. 

I am not entirely convinced we'll sign any more players this window. 

Then selling Maguire is a bad deal. 

15 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Iv been watching the club years but our defense has given me the willies since Walsh and Elliot they were solid big time same with Huth and Morgan but always thought slabbo had an error in him 

Soon as the pressure of quick results mount on him he will start evolving into phil jones mk2

• Like 1

In all honesty they are paying 80m+ for a slight upgrade on Phil Jones. Maguire isn’t as injury prone and is definitely miles better with the ball but he’s prone to mistakes and lapses of concentration in the same manner as Jones. By the way when fit I think Jones is a rather good player.

We’ve got a good deal out of this and I hope we don’t go out and blow it on a player who will be inflated by this fee as I think the options we have at centre half are good enough with plenty of development potential.

Thanks for the service Harry.

• Like 1