Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who think the club has played this beautifully?

We have a world record fee for a defender, Harry wanted to go really AND he ain’t THAT good.

80 mill quid. Great business from us

No, I think many agree with that statement.  No one likes to lose a player, it does always somehow feel that you being made weaker. But I think as you have pointed out, to say he was a real cut above would be overplaying it somewhat. 

22 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

This is a dark day. Not coz we lost maguire..but for the messages it sends.

Ok players sign a contract for a long as you like in return for a big wage hike .... and dont worry coz we wont hold you to it. 

Come on top six club help yourselves to any of our players you fancy

I expected more

I think this sends out the total opposite message, it says to other clubs, we don't need to sell but if you want to buy then you need to pay absolute top dollar , we will not be cherry picked for peanuts, and let's not forget that Harry wanted to go, if he didn't want to leave , we would not have sold him, end of.

• Like 2

Just now, foxinsocks said:

A journey of 1000miles starts with one step

This is a journey that many must take together. Those that stand alone, fall alone.

Seeing  as we are being sanctimonious :thumbup:

Apparently the agent is having to split his fee with the tabloids and Sky Sports for services rendered. 

You're not allowed to approach a player without the clubs permission but with their help there have been weeks of flowing dialogue!

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who think the club has played this beautifully?

We have a world record fee for a defender, Harry wanted to go really AND he ain’t THAT good.

80 mill quid. Great business from us

Totally agree :appl:

• Like 1

Not particularly miffed about this one. We may have lost Maguire but I feel like we held our ground like a big club. We get our asking price and they get a player that is not as good as they think he is. We win because we still have 4 capable first team defenders, with Soyuncu being the favourite to take Maguire's place. Speaking of Soyuncu, he has the potential to be as good, if not better than Maguire. I'd be surprised if we signed anyone else now, they'd just have our pants down.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is a journey that many must take together. Those that stand alone, fall alone.

Seeing  as we are being sanctimonious :thumbup:

In fact i agree withyou ....it seems most fans accept the status quo and while i accept that weakens my chance of changing thing... i have to say what i think

If we sign dunk for anymore than what he is worth and that being 5m no more we have well and truly ****ed up.

We need to give benko and Soyunchu the chance they deserve they will only get better and better with long periods of playing time.

Personally from what I seen when he was at Celtic benkovic looks better than both tawkoski and dunk anyway. Soyunchu looks like a solid player aswel no need to sign a replacement 

• Like 2

The club did really well with this. Handled the negotiation brilliantly from laughing at the Arsenal £45mn to the Man U we will never pay more than £60mn to grossing up to £85mn. Its good business for Hull City too. Shows the days of being pushed around by the 'big clubs' and media are pretty much ended. The player though are showing a little less professionalism, after Mahrez parking himself at airports it seems we came close to Maguire parking himself at Keele services on the M6. Makes you appreciate the club players like Walsh and King a whole lot more.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Edited by Bazly

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I was more disappointed when Lineker, Heskey, Lennon, A Smith, Gary Mac to name just a few left, it’s football, we got a great price, now we’ll do the same to another club.

Tommy Wright leaving though.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I was more disappointed when Lineker, Heskey, Lennon, A Smith, Gary Mac to name just a few left, it’s football, we got a great price, now we’ll do the same to another club.

Agree, so long as we do that. I know the circumstances were different with the Drinkwater / Silva situation but we went half a season a player light with Kingy filling in, compromising our chances for a very good season (Insert joke about still being a player light when Silva was availabIe) I don't want us to kick off this time with a weaker squad and cash in the bank but if as you say we can do this to another club then we could be okay. 

I know Rodgers only came in this year but realistically the club have had 12 months to think and plan for this scenario so fingers crossed they can spend it as well as they spent the Mahrez money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

In fact i agree withyou ....it seems most fans accept the status quo and while i accept that weakens my chance of changing thing... i have to say what i think

Oh you are quite correct, do not get me wrong. Would have loved to see us have said "not for sale", and that be the end of it.

but big clubs, big wages, we like many clubs have no true defence against such draws at this point in time.