Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If we sign dunk for anymore than what he is worth and that being 5m no more we have well and truly ****ed up.

We need to give benko and Soyunchu the chance they deserve they will only get better and better with long periods of playing time.

Personally from what I seen when he was at Celtic benkovic looks better than both tawkoski and dunk anyway. Soyunchu looks like a solid player aswel no need to sign a replacement 

With respect Brendan has a better idea than me or you if they’re good enough, we have to trust him.

Percy:

For Leicester now the question is how they invest the proceeds from a player who cost them just £12 million from Hull City two years ago. As things stand the club are satisfied that the former United defender Jonny Evans and Turkish international Caglar Soyuncu, 23, are a strong first choice pairing to go into the season with. They also have high hopes for the Croatian Filip Benkovic, 22, who has made just one first team appearance to date.

Nevertheless, they have looked at Brighton and Hove Albion’s Lewis Dunk and the Burnley defender James Tarkowski, both capped by England; as well as Bournemouth’s Holland international Nathan Ake. Tarkowski has a £50 million release clause for teams in the top six.

Although Leicester are extremely ambitious to break into the top six, they are increasingly seen as an excellent option for promising young talent who want to establish themselves at a high level before moving on to the biggest clubs. In particular Rudkin has established himself as one of the leading talent spotters and traders in the game and is fundamental to the club, especially after the death of owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha last October.

The United squad were in Wales on Friday night ahead of a friendly against AC Milan at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday evening. It was unclear when Maguire would be joining up with his team-mates. The personal terms are understood to have been a formality and the player finally arrived for his long-trailed medical on Friday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh you are quite correct, do not get me wrong. Would have loved to see us have said "not for sale", and that be the end of it.

but big clubs, big wages, we like many clubs have no true defence against such draws at this point in time.

I wonder what bredan thinks... does this make it easier or harder for him?

If we want to be different we have to change oursekves first... i know we've shown we're not a pushover. .. but i still think this was a chance to show players we expect them to honour their contracts. . And show the top six we are not their feeder club

• Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wait so are we not aiming for top 6 just like Man U? 

We're aiming for the top 6 (it will take more time than you think). But if you think that MU are going to stay in limbo for long or that we have the means to regularly challenge them, then I'm sorry but you're deluded.

I’m actually quite comfortable with this. A massive record fee for a good player but not irreplaceable. All the pressure will be on Man Utd and Maguire now. Already have replacements at the club if we can just give them a chance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this is good business. We have certainly had our moneys worth and more. 

Talented youngsters will only want to sign for us if we don't stand in their way of moves later on. It is part of the bargain, but we should not sell cheaply! Neither should we buy on the rebound. we have 4 centrebacks capable at this level and a few youngsters who can cope if we get an injury crisis. Probably worth hanging onto Amartey though. He does play CB for Ghana. 

47 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

This is a dark day. Not coz we lost maguire..but for the messages it sends.

Ok players sign a contract for a long as you like in return for a big wage hike .... and dont worry coz we wont hold you to it. 

Come on top six club help yourselves to any of our players you fancy

I expected more

what on earth are you talking about?

he had an agreement in place when he signed his contract that we would sell him for the right offer. that’s the whole reason he agreed to  the extended deal.

we didn’t buckle under the pressure, we didn’t cave in,, we set the price back in May and we never dropped it, not once.

we just got the highest fee EVER paid for a defender.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If we sign dunk for anymore than what he is worth and that being 5m no more we have well and truly ****ed up.

lol do you not see the irony in this post?

You sound like a Man United fan.

• Like 1

Maguire worth 80million lol....worlds gone mad.

Fair play to the lad I'm sure he couldn't have imagined when he was at hull that just 2 years later he would be going for a world record fee to Man utd.

Everyone wins in this deal IMO.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Maguire worth 80million lol....worlds gone mad.

Fair play to the lad I'm sure he couldn't have imagined when he was at hull that just 2 years later he would be going for a world record fee to Man utd.

Everyone wins in this deal IMO.

... apart from Phil Jones

• Haha 1