Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

12 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Gone up? :nono:

They (Stones and Walker) were poor, but he was the third best centre half on the pitch by some distance. 

I’m a fan and glad we have him, but I can’t see anyone knocking down our door based on anything from that match. Especially at the prices quoted and certainly not at a higher price.

Especially considering the performance De Ligt put in & available for around the same price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Gone up? :nono:

They (Stones and Walker) were poor, but he was the third second best centre half on the pitch by some distance. 

I’m a fan and glad we have him, but I can’t see anyone knocking down our door based on anything from that match. Especially at the prices quoted and certainly not at a higher price.

Fixed that for ya

• Like 1

I don't think any of our players have done enough to get a big move this summer, Maguire especially. Be surprised if anyone comes in for him, especially anywhere near the price being thrown about. Needs a commanding 6-12months with us and then I can see bigger clubs deeming it worth the big fee, but not at the moment. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Fixed that for ya

Thanks.

It’s a game of opinions, but I’d say giving away a penalty and then being faultless and scoring a towering header to equalise, is better than being caught on the ball several times, trying to shield a ball out in the area and getting robbed and knocking 70 yard balls out of play.

like I said, it’s a game of opinions.

• Like 2

His pack of pace isn't helped when he and his defenders and midfielders around him give the ball away in our own half, it was painful to watch at times last night. Kyle Walker has been a nuisance now for a year or two, time he was fcuked off for TAA and Wan-Bissaka.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Thanks.

It’s a game of opinions, but I’d say giving away a penalty and then being faultless and scoring a towering header to equalise, is better than being caught on the ball several times, trying to shield a ball out in the area and getting robbed and knocking 70 yard balls out of play.

My point exactly.

If we have to lose one of the alleged targets for other teams, then I hope it's Maguire, partly because he'd be easiest to replace and partly because he isn't worth the money being talked about.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not if you think we're better off without him it's not. Got a feeling he's peaked and will be a liability for us next season. 

I'm not sure we're definitely better without him. I like to keep a settled team and he's fine alongside Evans. 

I'm willing to sell at the same time though 

I know he was doggo yesterday. But do you think scouting decisions and spanking 70+mil is based on one off games? Pep saw first hand how he locked his strike force down in that tight game in Manc. He also saw him slalom upfield with the ball. 

His price will not have shifted. Just a bad day at the office. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

My only worry about selling him is how it would effect the dressing room, would his mates think they should leave to? 

His mates probably work on building sites and in caff's in Sheffield

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know he was doggo yesterday. But do you think scouting decisions and spanking 70+mil is based on one off games? Pep saw first hand how he locked his strike force down in that tight game in Manc. He also saw him slalom upfield with the ball. 

His price will not have shifted. Just a bad day at the office. 

Not based on one off games, but at that price, it 100% is a consideration.

Such players are being purchased to play on the biggest stage.

This discussion has continued as someone said his price will have risen. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The mood music seems to be a bit different today ..... I think Man City are v keen on Harry. Makes it v difficult to keep hold of him as his head will undoubtedly be turned by that ......

Can't remember what they said exactly but The Mercury hinted Chillers and Maddison seemed settled ...   but a big question mark still hangs over Harry ...   you overstock with centre halves for a reason ...    :mellow:

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Can't remember what they said exactly but The Mercury hinted Chillers and Maddison seemed settled ...   but a big question mark still hangs over Harry ...   you overstock with centre halves for a reason ...    :mellow:

Yes, apparently to buy more. 

15 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Thanks.

Apart from the penalty De Ligt did look great, I must admit.