Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless we then go and blow over half of that on Dunk or Tarkowski.

If it goes on CBs I'd be disappointed tbh as it would mean why did we bother with Soyuncu or Benkovic last summer.

35m worth.

• Like 4

yay.

Just another speculative article, nothing new or concrete in it at all. 

Edited by UniFox21

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

No. I don’t think he’d come anyway - he’s in Peps plans and we would be able to afford his wages.

Id rather we use the money to invest in the squad - buy Tielemans (with Silva going the other way), a RB, back up striker and winger

Edited by car1os

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Depends if they are going to pay his contract up for the  4mill a year on top of what we were paying him ??

otherwise we are taking on 15/20m of salary cost we didn’t have before ..... 

and you’re right - it wont happen .....

25 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

No

im not saying i want to lose Maguire BUT

If we got £80 Million for arguments sake .. and we purchased Tielemens and a brilliant winger with that money (Mahrez level ish) and promoted Benkovic...... that is a much better situation then keeping Maguire and NOT having Tielemens and a world level winger in our 11.

The way i see it when we had Maguire and no Midfielder like Tielemens and no winger we were still pretty Garbage.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

No thanks. No way he would come back anyway.

Does not seem the type to take a nibble on the humble pie.

40 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically yes. Mahrez is that goal scoring winger we badly need. He will  contribute in goals & assists more than Gray,  Barnes and Albrighton combined. Plus we have money for Tielemans.

Can you imagine Maddison, Tielemans, Mahrez, Vardy, Ricardo and Chilwell all combining together. The distribution, the sharing of the football, the passing and moving.

But yeah, he won't come.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

yay.

Just another speculative article, nothing new or concrete in it at all. 

I was reading the red cafe forum yesterday and a couple of there ITK’s was saying he was off to Man City.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I was reading the red cafe forum yesterday and a couple of there ITK’s was saying he was off to Man City.

That's interesting, I can't see him going for anything less than 70/80million though 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Personally wouldn't want him back and I doubt very much he'd want to come. We've moved on and wouldn't want his mardy lazy influence round our young players.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

As much as I appreciate everything he has done for us, I would prefer that money to be spent on another player that sees us as his big step up and wants to prove himself. Can't see mahrez wanting to come back after winning a treble either 

He would go to man city and flourish, we all know he likes to get on the ball and attempt to dribble it forward, would fit in well there, in all honesty i dont think we would miss him as much as some outside of the club think

Quote ...  At the moment I am concentrating 100% on the England game ...      

All paper bolox ..    :brendan_still:

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

If we got the Mahrez of old then yes please.

Vardy would win the golden boot by 10 goals.

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

As much as I appreciate everything he has done for us, I would prefer that money to be spent on another player that sees us as his big step up and wants to prove himself. Can't see mahrez wanting to come back after winning a treble either 

He got the medals, sure, but he was a peripheral figure - he didn't really win anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

He got the medals, sure, but he was a peripheral figure - he didn't really win anything.

Nice to see you've got over him leaving ?

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nice to see you've got over him leaving ?

It's a fact though. He can hardly feel he has been an integral part of the success Man City have had. Even in the cup final where he was having a decent game, he got subbed after 56 minutes. He complained when he was here about game time and always looked disgusted when he was subbed, even when he was doing nothing to warrant staying on. If he plays as little next year, I can see him wanting a new challenge.

Edited by MGLCFC

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

Doing his best tonight to put off potential suitors. Clearly wants to stay ?

Haha was just thinking the same. Based on tonight I’m not sure he’s good enough for that top level 

3 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Doing his best tonight to put off potential suitors. Clearly wants to stay ?

Looking a fookin great lumbering plank tbh ...   sell !! ...   :)