Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester 2019/2020 Kits

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Lock 42? Was thinking about that venue today. Played my first gig with one of my bands there, almost exactly 7 years to this date.

As and aside I saw Foals there, also 7 years ago, Which was crazy. Never been there since 

That doesn't actually look that bad on Vardy. 

Utterly bizarre how open they've been about the new kits, though. Have they suddenly become utterly inept at keeping things under wraps? Is this marketing strategy? Are they just not bothered?

Weird.

10 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Lock 42? Was thinking about that venue today. Played my first gig with one of my bands there, almost exactly 7 years to this date.

Yeah - just off Frog Island. We used to rehearse there too - used to be run by Andy, ex-boss of The Charlotte ( Big Leeds fan).

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

Utterly bizarre how open they've been about the new kits, though. Have they suddenly become utterly inept at keeping things under wraps? Is this marketing strategy? Are they just not bothered?

Weird.

I am the opposite then, I find secretive kit launches a really strange concept.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

Weird.

If it's kosher I think it's a good way of doing it.

Refreshingly non-pompous or too commercial.

And in a low-key part of town that I really like. Avoids the plastic crap that these things usually wallow in. Quite like the shirt too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mancunianfox said:

I am the opposite then, I find secretive kit launches a really strange concept.

I think the secretive launches are intended to build 'hype' and generate more early sales, so it makes some sense. Also allows the manufacturers to do large-scale launches and cross-club promos, like when Puma released all those black kits at once.

I'd agree with you that it's unnecessary and there's no real need for all the cloak and dagger stuff. I just find it weird that we've signed with one of the largest kit manufacturers and suddenly out-of-the-blue we've given up on any pretense of discretion. The last few years we've been one of the last clubs to reveal the new kits and when we've done so its been after weeks of little teaser shots in a darkened room of the 3 inches below the left nipple or whatever random section they choose that day. Its very out-of-character for LCFC...

• Like 2

Just now, Stoopid said:

If it's kosher I think it's a good way of doing it.

Refreshingly non-pompous or too commercial.

And in a low-key part of town that I really like. Avoids the plastic crap that these things usually wallow in. Quite like the shirt too.

I can agree with that.

It's a nice change and certainly seems a bit more down-to-earth, I guess. It's just so out-of-character compared to what we've had in previous years that it's a bit of a shock to the system lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

I can agree with that.

It's a nice change and certainly seems a bit more down-to-earth, I guess. It's just so out-of-character compared to what we've had in previous years that it's a bit of a shock to the system lol

Agreed - that's what raises a few doubts in my mind. Credit to all involved though, if it's on the level.

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Despite the fact we’ve now all seen the shirts, you can guarantee the clubs Twitter are going to tweet a load of teaser images in the run up to its launch 

Every year. 

Let me guess they'll start with the shoulders or the badge... 

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Every year. 

Let me guess they'll start with the shoulders or the badge... 

And then the trim of the sleeve or the bottom of the suit. 

Then everyone's like OMG IT'S BLUE! 

Shortly followed by 'ugh why does it have to have gold on it ffs'