Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

If you had to dissolve a club...

Leeds

They look like they are coming back to the prem which will be good for the league but I just cant stomach them. From the days they nicked Gary Mac from us for 1m and had players like Vinnie Jones and David Batty trotting around Ive disliked them. Trying to buy the league was also more fuel to the fire as was there smug over-rated Alan Smith.

MK Dons certainly, stole someone's club and cheated their way up through the football period. When I visited MK Dons once I found the whole place had no soul, no history and to be honest no real proper interest in football. It's horrible to think these buggers were even part of the failed world cup bid while us and Derby were snubbed. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3

I know this thread is facetious, but I still think it is a disgrace.

A few months ago, the whole football world united in well wishes towards Leicester. I would bet that fans from every English club laid scarves, and other memorials. At the time, the kind of responses on this forum were along the lines of "I'm welling up," "We're all one football family", and a genuine feeling of unity in the footballing world.

Today, on the day that you memorialized your former owner's birthday, you have a thread speculating which club's fans you would like to inflict misery upon by dissolving their club. I can only imagine what any fan who went up to the KP to pay their respects would think, to read this. "Yeah, thanks for the respects, I hope your club goes out of business."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shev said:

A few months ago, the whole football world united in well wishes towards Leicester. I would bet that fans from every English club laid scarves, and other memorials. At the time, the kind of responses on this forum were along the lines of "I'm welling up," "We're all one football family", and a genuine feeling of unity in the footballing world.

Today, on the day that you memorialized your former owner's birthday, you have a thread speculating which club's fans you would like to inflict misery upon by dissolving their club. I can only imagine what any fan who went up to the KP to pay their respects would think, to read this. "Yeah, thanks for the respects, I hope your club goes out of business."

I've beeh to Shev's at Christmas and I can tell you it's a ball...

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Shev said:

It's not really the same is it?

I think you might be missing the difference between a bit of pantomime mischievousness and true tragedy.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Manchester City. A club that don't deserve the tremendous success bestowed upon them.

any team that has given the simply joyous football that they have to the world over the past 2 years deserves everything they get imo. 

would love it if they won the quadruple. 

7 hours ago, Analysethis said:

Leeds

But Leeds Rhino's are sh*t - at least according to every bit of graffiti I saw while I was there, so they can't be that much of an issue, right?

Oh, you mean the other Leeds football team? I'd forgotten they had one, sorry :P

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shev said:

Forest

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shev said:

I'm sort of with you in a way.

I know this thread is just a bit of bantz but if all the clubs mentioned were really going to be dissolved, I don't think any of us as genuine football fans would take any joy out if it tbh.

Every club has it's fair share of nobs but also decent fans who've supported them for years through thick and thin. Imagine if it happened to us? We'd be totally distraught to lose our football club and so would they.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Local rivals yes, plastics no.

Bog off MK, Coventry City no.

Cov fans have endured utter bollocks for 10 years. Tip your hat to those that go regularly.

The six-fingered racists? They can get in the bin

41 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

The six-fingered racists? They can get in the bin

Living as close to their City as Leicester I know a lot of CCFC fans and they are not as you describe.

I can confirm they are fans of a club which has (like death by a thousand cuts) been overseen by utter Boll**ks.  The city council, other parties, Wasps and certainly  the club owners have all contrived to batter the fans almost into oblivion.

That said I am no Cov fan. That is not my City or team.

As we always show affectionately at Leicester (collectively), we are blessed with amazing owners. For that remember Coventry City Fans and feel some empathy.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

Easy for me. Dissolve the Welsh clubs into the Welsh leagues. Stealing a living from the English League then spewing hate for everything English! The irony.

Ironically, however I will say that Cardiff City and their fans have been quality during our club's heartbreaking events of this season. So Swansea and Wrexham it is! (Newport, as the exiles are debatable). 

Man City just for 26th April 1969.

Although they introduced me to the team i've supported for 50 years.

Nah, I'd still dissolve them and any of the teams that rely on wealth now to take the best players away from the teams as well as horde youngsters and never get them to the first team.

• Like 1