Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I was a Puel inner but we are in a much better place without him and the time was probably right for him to go.  I take no joy from anyone losing their job and I still believe Puel did lots of things that benefitted the club but he was fighting a losing battle and, in the end, it was right to get rid.  Most of what you say above is complete strawman stuff.  I wanted us to back Puel for longer but never said the players were shit, and was never blind to his faults.  You are arguing with the small percent of Puel inners who were OTT just as many of the inners argued with the "outers" who resorted to hyperbole and personal insults rather than fact based criticism.  I am always happy to admit when I was wrong and it looks like a very good decision in removing Puel.  Your comments about strength of character are very weird.  Most people who wanted Puel to stay felt he needed more time but I doubt many argued he was the Messiah.  As always on this forum, the most vocal people work in blacks and whites but most of us could see the grey.  X

Obviously we have sat on opposite sides of this particular, much prolonged debate.

I think your last sentence sums it up. I never saw it as a grey area after his first January. To me it was as clear as day it wasnt working as it should, it wouldn’t work out, or as you put it; to me it was very black and very white he wasn’t getting the best out of what we had. The results and style of football we were watching from that point showed us that; it was not something formed totally from anecdotal opinion but facts.

Success and failure ultimately is black and white, it’s not a grey area. 

Anyway I hope Rodgers can build on what we have seen so far.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He did most of the dirty work and completely remodeled the team and its mentality. Without him there would be no Tielemans and no Ricardo.  As others said, Brendan Rodgers is doing a much better job in getting the best out of this squad, although people tend to underestimate how much of an impact Tielemans is having on the team and I'm still waiting for the manager bounce to wear off. I'd have loved to see how Rodgers would have fared with Mendy and Ndidi in the midfield. Not a dig at him, I do think that he's tactically more apt than Puel and seems to be the best signing we could've ever wished form given the circumstances. He also had my full support since the day he was appointed and I'm looking forward to see where he can lead this talented young team.

As I'm working on Saturdays at the moment, I'm missing quite a bit of our games and can only feed myself on what I see in the highlights, but I think that Rodger's doing a remarkable job until now, much more than Puel've could've probably achieved. I didn't know him well and found the timing of his appointement to be rather inconvenient. It turned out that it wasn't the case and I'm actually more than happy, because I also wish the best for our club.

But now coming out and flagellate myself in public because I've backed the former manager until the very end and thought that after all his hard work, he deserved at least to see the end of the season? This, while some posters, like you for example, spent their whole time in destructive criticism and agonizing him with personal insults, and others were openly hoping for us to lose so he can get the boot? Or a journalist who simply can't post anything here without having a go at Puel? Fvck no, and hell will freeze over before I apologize for believing in a long term project in which Puel, no matter what his detractors might say, played a big part and for which he'll probably never get the credit he deserves.

Rodgers didn't get any credit at Liverpool after he totally remade the team in a different style to Kenny Dalglish. Took him the better part of a season.

The way of the world, circular firing squad or scapegoat. Better have a thick skin if you want to be a Football Manager. Its always the managers fault............Didn't you know that?

57 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He did most of the dirty work and completely remodeled the team and its mentality. Without him there would be no Tielemans and no Ricardo.  As others said, Brendan Rodgers is doing a much better job in getting the best out of this squad, although people tend to underestimate how much of an impact Tielemans is having on the team and I'm still waiting for the manager bounce to wear off. I'd have loved to see how Rodgers would have fared with Mendy and Ndidi in the midfield. Not a dig at him, I do think that he's tactically more apt than Puel and seems to be the best signing we could've ever wished form given the circumstances. He also had my full support since the day he was appointed and I'm looking forward to see where he can lead this talented young team.

As I'm working on Saturdays at the moment, I'm missing quite a bit of our games and can only feed myself on what I see in the highlights, but I think that Rodger's doing a remarkable job until now, much more than Puel've could've probably achieved. I didn't know him well and found the timing of his appointement to be rather inconvenient. It turned out that it wasn't the case and I'm actually more than happy, because I also wish the best for our club.

But now coming out and flagellate myself in public because I've backed the former manager until the very end and thought that after all his hard work, he deserved at least to see the end of the season? This, while some posters, like you for example, spent their whole time in destructive criticism and agonizing him with personal insults, and others were openly hoping for us to lose so he can get the boot? Or a journalist who simply can't post anything here without having a go at Puel? Fvck no, and hell will freeze over before I apologize for believing in a long term project in which Puel, no matter what his detractors might say, played a big part and for which he'll probably never get the credit he deserves.

Top clearly agreed with my version of the situation.

The results and performances were not good enough over a 16 month period. Thats why he was sacked.

I have to agree, and I said it earlier that Tielemans and Ricardo are very good signings by Puel: but he’s not a good PL manager, maybe recruitment or a Director of Football is more his domain.

No reason to keep revisiting the Puel era, it may not have been successful at all. But he helped us through an extremely tough period in our history and has managed to bring in some extremely talented players.

Now let's draw a line, and get behind Brendan and the lads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, l444ry said:

It's no shame to just admit that the Puel era was a total waste of time. Apart from his new manager bounce, which fooled me as well, the whole period was death by a thousand cuts. He had sucked the life out of the club by the time the club called time on him. Thank **** Top didn't have the same mindset as his supporters on here that swore black was white for so long to justify keeping him here.

Probably a good way of looking at it.  

Inners said that black was white and outers said that white was black, black was black and everything was black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

A total waste of time being a top 10 finish and taking and aging squad in dire need of a complete over haul and doing so, leaving us with a squad filled with huge potential? 

Said top 10 finish and us being top half for almost the entire season this year, other than near his end justified keeping him here as long as we did. So did the job he was doing with the squad.

I'm thrilled we've got Rodgers, he's a better manager and a better fit for the fans and the club. But the over the top absolute crap written about Puel is still just that.

We are 8th, that's great and the football yesterday was probably the best all season. But we've relied on some awful misses by the opposition and some things going our way to manage to beat four teams who are in woeful form and the manager is benefitting hugely from the Tieleman's loan, something Puel never really got... and he's had us sat in 7th a numer of times.

Good Grief - give it a rest!

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

A total waste of time being a top 10 finish and taking and aging squad in dire need of a complete over haul and doing so, leaving us with a squad filled with huge potential? 

Said top 10 finish and us being top half for almost the entire season this year, other than near his end justified keeping him here as long as we did. So did the job he was doing with the squad.

I'm thrilled we've got Rodgers, he's a better manager and a better fit for the fans and the club. But the over the top absolute crap written about Puel is still just that.

We are 8th, that's great and the football yesterday was probably the best all season. But we've relied on some awful misses by the opposition and some things going our way to manage to beat four teams who are in woeful form and the manager is benefitting hugely from the Tieleman's loan, something Puel never really got... and he's had us sat in 7th a numer of times.

Did you work for Long John Silver in a previous life Babylon?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Did you work for Long John Silver in a previous life Babylon?

Says the man parroting the same stuff about Puel. If you don't want the same responses, stop posting the same stuff. It's really that simple.

• Like 1

Yes, as other posters have said in a more measured way then Puel does deserve his fair share of credit for sorting out the squad and with signing the likes of Maddison last summer - and bringing in Tielemans. Also with the ageing and generally disenchanted squad that were still busy coming down from cloud nine that he'd inherited after Ranieri and then Shakespeare's brief time of it at the helm. I always felt that Puel's charisma was found wanting though and you always felt he never quite got the respect of the players partly because of that and the ponderous style of football he played....nor from the fans of course! His spat/fall out with Vardy in the week before the Man U game towards the end of his tenure was the final nail you feel, with the Newport cup defeat and our wretched league form around the time of his departure rapidly laying the foundations for the end of time for him here. Rodgers was definitely the right fit for this squad to succeed him though...onwards and upwards surely!

Delighted to get one over on Bournemouth at last. Felt like the last box on the Premier League return that needed to be ticked.

Not much to add. Watched the first half and we played some scintillating stuff. We took the game to them having failed to do so in the last few games. Fitting that Vardy scored given he was Vichai's main man during his time with us.

Could have been better than 2-0 but it could have easily been worse than 4-2 away so I won't grumble. Deuce!

N'didi could be a contender for player of the month on recent form. Fair play to Morgan. In the Autumn of his career and he is back up now compared to the rest of the defence but he played well on Saturday.One of Maddisons better games this season too.

Still a bit wary of believing that 'Brendan is God' yet but confidence looks like it is growing once again. The best position we've been in since May 2016. Great to be optimistic about the foxes again.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2019 at 17:52, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Success and failure ultimately is black and white, it’s not a grey area. 

I’m not sure you could be more wrong about anything than you are about this. Success to whom? When? After what start?

4th place would have had Dyche knighted, been a modest success for Sarri, and would have been nearly sackable for Pep. Unless of course he’s winning the Champions League at the same time. Finishing 8th is a solid season for us, but would have been a devastating failure looked at from Jan 2016, or the greatest achievement in football from January 2015. 

Success and failure are completely grey areas, subject to all kinds of revision and subjectivity, with only a very few cases getting close to either black or white (e.g. Fulham’s abject failure this year, our total success in 2016). Rodgers, like Puel, will be subject to the dissenting opinions of fans whose definitions and perceptions of success differ wildly. You will doubtless be all over his back at the first sign of trouble, I’m likely to give him more benefit. And neither of our opinions counts for anything...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 31/03/2019 at 19:06, HighPeakFox said:

And it matters because...? I didn't ask what it meant, I asked what was to be gained in posting it. Unable to respond further to the banter below, as I have a restriction for nothing very much - but I find such point-scoring divisive. You were right, well done. Now remind us of all the times you've been dead wrong, because it will have happened.

@Tanya, how was your wedding?

@NotTheMarketLeader thank you for responding. I think you need to read more carefully, I have seen at least one person today say they were wrong about Puel. But really, what does it matter? Why do you need to be so right? We're all wrong sometimes, even you. Things look so good now, I can see that Rodgers is the right man for us but it looks to me like he has a great bunch of players - and Puel has to take credit for that. Let's enjoy it and not give a damn about whose Dad is harder than whose Dad.

The wedding was awesome! Lots of drinking and dancing (we did a cocktail, not a traditional sit down, wedding. The live band was great and 80% of the group ended up on the dancefloor). I was pretty dusty the next day but thrilled to see how well we played. Now sitting in my cold living room ready to watch the boys hopefully put in another slick performance.

• Thanks 1