Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

Really good result today and a clean sheet is always a bonus. Things seem to be looking up with Rodgers In charge. Really glad we finally beat Bournemouth. Read their fans forum which was a laugh as before the game they were saying stuff like "nailed on 3 points as Morgan is playing" (karma is a bitch), "we'll be refreshed after the squad went to Dubai" "we ve never lost to these so that will continue again today". Then after the Game it was "internationals to blame for the result and performance" etc etc. And Howe even blamed the internationals as well even though we had 10 players away and they had 7. Ah well, we can worry about fighting for 7th while they worry about fighting relegation. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Sounds like I missed an amazing game today will try and catch it on motd later, was admitted to hospital last night with Sepsis so I’m just having ?loads of antibiotics being pushed through so I’m just about beginning to feel human again !

Another win for Brendan another 3 points to Rise that table and hopefully another European tour !!

Onwards And upwards !!

Best wishes, that's no-one's idea of fun.

Puel talked a lot about intensity yet his team hardly ever delivered it. yesterday we played with intensity, pressed higher up the pitch and not just one player on their own. Also showed patience as Bournemouth defended pretty well.

We are also committing more players to attack so Vardy is no longer the only player in the final third and Tielemans has allowed Maddison to relax a bit and both played well yesterday.

Atmosphere was much better as well.

Edited by reynard

Bournemouth I look a bit shattered, having played so good at the beginning of the the season. Nathan Ake seems a very good buy, worked his socks off, if it wasn't for him we may have had more goals.

Ake face looks like his fellow Dutch man Ruud Gullit, I didn't realise Ake was a ex Chelsea player, great attitude and work rate for the youngster. 

45 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Seriously, what's to be gained from posting this?

I think the point he's making is that many on here were arguing it was the players not performing, not Puel's fault. There were lots of us saying, "look at the Solskjaer effect without changing the team" that were getting shouted down when we were calling for a change in manager. 

At least, that's what I think he means? 

3 hours ago, Flappit said:

I think the point he's making is that many on here were arguing it was the players not performing, not Puel's fault. There were lots of us saying, "look at the Solskjaer effect without changing the team" that were getting shouted down when we were calling for a change in manager. 

At least, that's what I think he means? 

And it matters because...? I didn't ask what it meant, I asked what was to be gained in posting it. Unable to respond further to the banter below, as I have a restriction for nothing very much - but I find such point-scoring divisive. You were right, well done. Now remind us of all the times you've been dead wrong, because it will have happened.

@Tanya, how was your wedding?

@NotTheMarketLeader thank you for responding. I think you need to read more carefully, I have seen at least one person today say they were wrong about Puel. But really, what does it matter? Why do you need to be so right? We're all wrong sometimes, even you. Things look so good now, I can see that Rodgers is the right man for us but it looks to me like he has a great bunch of players - and Puel has to take credit for that. Let's enjoy it and not give a damn about whose Dad is harder than whose Dad.

Edited by HighPeakFox

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Puel was too cautious. I think he deliberately did not push the team forwards enough and had them to maintain shape rather than make runs to open up other teams. His teams in France had more technical players and playing in a league with a slower pace meant that more emphasis was placed on manipulating the ball around to make chances. That is a legitimate tactic but is very hard to do, and in fact only Arsenal have ever really been successful with a true French passing style in the Premier league. Even Man City under Guardiola use a mix of a high press and pass and move to make their chances, so they have more variation compared to the great Arsenal team in that sense.

With Rodgers we take much more of a chance, and everyone is 20 yards further upfield. In theory this is a big risk, if the ball gets turned over we are immediately in trouble and we saw this with mistakes by individual players in the Watford, Fulham and Burnley games. But at the same time, if a team is good, they actually have even *more* control of the game, because the whole team is further upfield meaning the opposition have to sit even further back. One of the reasons Bournemouth were so ineffective today is that wave after wave of Leicester players kept coming at them, so the to opportunity to even threaten a turnover never happened. And this was because the fantastic Wilfred Ndidi was in absolute monster form, with Tielemans running the game next to him. How many times did Ndidi win the ball, play it to Tielemans or Maddison and we were on our way again? According to the stats 11 times!

Under Puel, our tactical shape and positional discipline was actually very good. If you froze the play, the players were almost always standing in the right positions. But his style of football as evidenced at Southampton and with us is a little too old fashioned and he needed to be braver given the current set of players we have. I would say that Rodgers style is only about 10% different to Puel's, but that 10% difference (pushing up and being aggressive) is why every fan right now is excited instead of frustrated. 

This is absolutely bang on and highlights why many people wanted Puel replaced. I’m just so glad the club got it right and we can continue evolution/revolution! 

Lovely belting out the classics yesterday, seemed everyone was up for it which was nice.

Atmosphere was class, I am not going to lie my eyes watered when We did the tribute for Vichai.

As for the game what a commanding performance from everyone, Brendan Rodgers has got these players performing to a good level and there is still room for improvement so happy days!

Edited by Happy Fox

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The in-game stats on the big screen need to get in the bin.

Yeah not too keen on that. 

At least not so regularly. It was like every few minutes you get distracted by a players stat. Just do it a couple of times each half, if that. 

11 hours ago, AK1 said:

Hi link to you tube channel my son has started following the city. Todays include the goal from Wes Morgan and the 61st amazing tribute to Vichai. Child friendly vlogs.

That is really superb !! Well done lads, captured the day and atmosphere really well. Looking forward to the next one :thumbup: