Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

Oh and another thing, there's still people around me groaning and moaning (albeit a little more hushed these days) when we go backwards.

Like in another game recently, it happened again today. The ball went to Kasper and then literally about 20-30 seconds later we still had the ball and Tielemans was putting it on Vardy's head to double our lead. Cue a bit of smugness when I feel like the only one who doesn't mind us keeping possession when there's no other options going forward and we get to restrict Bournemouth possession lol 

Which brings me on to the point in that we seem very comfortable on the ball and going forward retaining possession. We seemed comfortable on the ball with Puel but in our own half. Now we do so going forward and in the opposition half which is very promising. Some of the football we play and the quick 1-2s, the quick passing moves is lovely to watch and what we go to games for, to be entertained like that. Won't be long before some of those moves come off regularly.

• Like 4

I'll be honest, I'm genuinely excited by just how good this team could be. In the second half especially we completely overwhelmed a decent mid table team. We have some seriously good young players. Really hard to pick a man of the match but I do love watching Ricardo and Tielemans play - so classy and incisive! 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

We played well today and you can still see that there’s huge room for improvement in the final 3rd. So often we got the ball in promising positions and the final pass came too slowly or was over hit. Maddison played well but was the main culprit in this regard, missing a couple of gilt-edged chances to play in Vardy.

Tielemans is a class act. Great off both feet, good range of passing, tactically intelligent and still only 21. There’s no way we ought to be in with a chance of signing him but fingers crossed we can get something sorted because he’s a gamechanger for the team.

Rodgers and his team have done a fantastic job at rebuilding the fractured relationship many of the fans had with the management and the players are playing with a smile on their face again. Sterner tests await than Fulham and Bournemouth but these are games we’ve struggled to win in the past. Much of the talk post-match has been about pressing but Rodgers was quick to stress the way the team look to pass forwards through midfield and for me that’s been the biggest change. Time and again Tielemans or Maddison picked the ball up 50 yards from goal and got it forward quickly, allowing the forward players to take advantage of a defensive line that wasn’t set.

Edited by ttfn

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Sounds like I missed an amazing game today will try and catch it on motd later, was admitted to hospital last night with Sepsis so I’m just having ?loads of antibiotics being pushed through so I’m just about beginning to feel human again !

Another win for Brendan another 3 points to Rise that table and hopefully another European tour !!

Onwards And upwards !!

Poor you - all the best for a very speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

One gripe though - who at the club has decided to turn the PA up to deafening volume pre-match? My son and I went back inside because we couldn't converse in comfort with all that ridiculously loud booming noise blaring out.

Message to Club: let the crowd make the noise!

There's been a few tweaks to the pre-match routine. The players are coming out to warm up a bit later, and when they do the music comes on. I am assuming it's part of a strategy to get them firing up from the start of matches? Seems to be working anyway if that is the case. The other positive of them coming out later is that there is less time for fan cam, so it's surely a price worth paying :clap:

• Like 1

That was a thoroughly entertaining afternoon!  Brilliant display from the first minute. Could have been 4-1 at the break. Excellent stop from Wilson by Kasper and some gilt edged chances missed by us. It’s crucial we go strong for Tielemans in the summer. 4 assists and a goal now in 6/7 appearances, he’s made such an impact on this side, and it will be difficult to find an alternative option should we miss out in the summer (let’s not worry about that just yet!). Lots of positives again. Evans looks assured and Wilf is back to his intercepting best! And we finally put Bournemouth away as well :scarf:

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Bet Man City will be shitting themselves. 

Every team we face will be shitting themselves knowing they will need maximum effort to have a chance at any kind of result with us. I sense an energy or drive starting to build. Self belief. When I see it I can feel it inside.

Never believed I would see it so soon here. Today was a revelation for me. The building will continue and we will get better and better. I just want to see Pep and Jurgen cry

Most enjoyable home game for a long time, and the most comfortable. The second half was as in control of a match as I've seen down there for well over a year. Team played with intent, moved the ball quickly, won it back very well and just kept looking to create chances.

That is what home matches should be like- our team in control, dictating the match and the crowd responding. All played their part. Excellent stuff.

Superb team performance from I asked to Vardy. They were really at it today and let's be clear on one thing, Bournemouth are a very good team but they just couldn't handle us today.

The midfield were awesome today. Madison with his clever turns and offering himself all over the park. Tielemans with his support for Maddison and NDiddi and vision in tight area's to always find a pass, none better than for Carey's Goal. Inch perfect today.

NDiddi was everywhere snapping and picking up the pieces to denigh Bournemouth any time on the Ball. While also starting attacks by spraying passes all over the park.

I'd give all three of them a 9 today with NDiddi just heading it over the 90 minutes.

Then there was Morgan putting in another excellent performance coupled with a Goal.

Chilwell and Ricardo added the width and making foraging runs deep into Bournmouth's box. 

Barnes showed why he's in the side while Gray is showing more promise. Though he needs to improve his positioning when coming in for the wing for crosses.

He needs to get across the last Man or stay out a little, giving himself a chance to pick up crosses that go right across the box.

Vardy kept chilling away and got his rewards from a quality cross from Teilemans.

Not a fluke because he done the same for Morgan's goal last game.

I'm sure Kuhn Vichi had a big smile on his face today, wherever you are.I

God bless you.

Vardys 13th goal of the season... makes you wonder how many hed be on if Brendan was here from the start of the season... possibly 20+.

Atmosphere was superb.. best its been since CL.

Ndidi looks like he knows what his role is now. Bossed the midfield and game. Motm for me. Absolute class.

Defense solid. Attack slick and silky. 

Fantastic. 

What a game, day and atmosphere to celebrate our late great leader. Happy Birthday Khun Vichai.

Loved this move. We didn't even score off it, but the way we cut through Bournemouth with just a few passes was brilliant. How did Vardy not score!? Great stuff from Tielemans and Ricardo. Even Maddison did well to drag a defender with him when making a run.

jnUkYlz.gif

You can see the extra movement we have in the team now. We were far too static under Puel and preferred to keep our shape rather than trying to break the opposition defensive block.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

I feel a bit sorry for Puel. I think he was close, but Rodgers has come in and made the best of us. The team seems to know what they are doing now - there is always a pass on and the movement has improved. We had the players - now they are playing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

Vardys 13th goal of the season... makes you wonder how many hed be on if Brendan was here from the start of the season... possibly 20+.

Atmosphere was superb.. best its been since CL.

Ndidi looks like he knows what his role is now. Bossed the midfield and game. Motm for me. Absolute class.

Defense solid. Attack slick and silky. 

Fantastic. 

What a game, day and atmosphere to celebrate our late great leader. Happy Birthday Khun Vichai.

Let's be honest..he had the chances under Puel.   Vardy has probably missed 6-9 good chances,over the year..That can't be put on Puel!!

What can is our movement under Rodgers. He's got us confident on the Ball while deliberately moving forward....with pace and intent!!!

• Like 1