Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tielmans and Ndidi compliment each other so well. They let each other be their best selves it's great to watch. 

Genuinely be gutted if Tielmans doesn't sign but on today's evidence he could and probably should be playing for a champions league team tbf, he was just superb.

people are probably going to slate me for this but our best chance of getting him might be to insert some kind of release-clause  for a champions league team that comes into effect if we finish outside of the top 6.

now people might well say ‘ don’t do it. look what happened with Kantè’ and he might well say ‘ ok then i won’t sign’

and where would that leave us?

Most enjoyable match I've seen this season.  Speed, quick passing and so much energy all over the field.  That performance from Ndidi was like watching a stretch Kante :)

Bornemouth have some good players but we totally dominated the second half :appl:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dames said:

The performances are continually improving and this was the best one yet.

This team and manager well and truly on their way to banishing the ghost of Puel.

Its amazing how much Rodgers has turned around with the right approach and attitude towards players because this is Puels team but Rodgers is getting far more out of them than Puel ever could.

Long may it continue.

The thing I notice - just on a basic level - is the way Rodgers communicates with his players.  So many of managers - Puel among them - it seems just sit there with stoic expressions expecting the players to work things out on their own.  Rodgers seems to seek out players individually and coach them/encourage them like they're in training.  It seems to be working so far because the entire squad seems engaged.

18 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Yeah!!!!!!! Take that, you Zimmer-framed old codgers!!!! That’s for ruining three (consecutive??) Christmases for me in the 80’s !!! Revenge is a dish best served 30 years later.  

Two of those were my first ever games as a 7/8 year old, it’s amazing I carried on going after those games!

• Haha 1

Other than the usual plonkers, I think most of us knew we had better players than they appeared under Puel. Especially Maddison and Vardy (who imo remains one of the most lethal strikers in the division)

We look in bloody good shape. One or two really sensible signings in the summer and we could have a very good season next term.

I’m sure I commented having seen Youri just once that it was clear he was quality. Signing him would be superb

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And ...   there’s still room for a lot more improvement ...   sometimes we just can’t stop slowing things down ...   I think this is a throwback from Clod,  but I’m sure Brenda will get it sorted.   That combined with a couple of key signings and we will be in a good place ...

And if Harry and Chillers want to go ....   fvck em !!  ....    :)

Make sure top tells the vultures to fack off and a couple of quality additions, and we could be a force next season. Brendan isn't stupid he new we had a talented bunch already, just need better guidance, tactics and man management. I know it shouldn't matter but Brendan post match is such a breath of fresh air, he actually answers the questions in a incisive intelligent manner, and I'm sure that comes across to the players. And I love the Jürgen klopp esque closeness to the players at full time, not sure we saw Claude hug and high five the team! 

3 minutes ago, otistoasty said:

Make sure top tells the vultures to fack off and a couple of quality additions, and we could be a force next season. Brendan isn't stupid HE NEW  we had a talented bunch already, just need better guidance, tactics and man management. I know it shouldn't matter but Brendan post match is such a breath of fresh air, he actually answers the questions in a incisive intelligent manner, and I'm sure that comes across to the players. And I love the Jürgen klopp esque closeness to the players at full time, not sure we saw Claude hug and high five the team! 

He very new ...   only had few games ...   :)

But agree with what you’re saying ...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I really am so happy right now. Amazing what a game of great football and a win can do to 'ones' weekend,

Ndidi is a changed man and if we don't sign Tielmans we are muppets.... 

Climbing the table, easy ... Top 6 next year, is not so much of a dream but a realistic happening. 

You watched it with the Queen? :P