Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Something that is standing out for me in the last couple of games is, not once have I seen a player standing with the ball putting his arms out as in to say who wants it, there is always a pass option available. What a end of season we could have, push for 7th and get us a European tour please. 

It’s looking very possible

I think we’re a better side than Wolves

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Seriously, what's to be gained from posting this?

Not a lot; but then again there is very little to be gained with any postings on this forum. Maybe sense of self satisfaction in seeing it in writing after months of abuse from those who could not have it their minds that CP was a poor football manager despite all evidence to the contrary.

These same people I might add that 6 weeks ago were saying that Claude was doing the best he could with the players he had. In fact they were saying the players were shit. As well as being totally inaccurate, what was to be gained by any of that? 

What is there to be gained from your retort to my post? Absolutely nothing as far as I can see.

Moreover I don’t think there has been one ‘Puel inner’ who has had the character to admit they were wrong, which I am not surprised about, therefore it must be a dig at those people HPF. ?

• Like 4

Somebody mentioned earlier about how Rodgers seems so good (and different to Puel) at communicating with his players. It was really evident at the end when he went onto the pitch and not only shook hands with all the players (and the subs who didn't get on) but gave them all a big hug.

I really think that sort of gesture will mean an awful lot to our boys. Long may it continue.

Well done to all the Puel-outers who are big enough to not feel the need to be publically vindicated! In fact, **** it, just well done to all the Puel outers, you were right, now can we please move on, we've had almost 12 months of this nonsense one way or another. Why can't we just enjoy the wins while we're getting them without having to chastise one another about who was right and wrong. 

i did Want Puel out. But maybe there was a time for him to be here. we can not deny his influence on the young players at the club... It could also be argued that would we have Tielemans if it wasn’t for Puel? Same could be said for Ricardo Pierera?

Maybe  Rodgers is reaping some of the groundwork that Puel put in place?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Not a lot; but then again there is very little to be gained with any postings on this forum. Maybe sense of self satisfaction in seeing it in writing after months of abuse from those who could not have it their minds that CP was a poor football manager despite all evidence to the contrary.

These same people I might add that 6 weeks ago were saying that Claude was doing the best he could with the players he had. In fact they were saying the players were shit. As well as being totally inaccurate, what was to be gained by any of that? 

What is there to be gained from your retort to my post? Absolutely nothing as far as I can see.

Moreover I don’t think there has been one ‘Puel inner’ who has had the character to admit they were wrong, which I am not surprised about, therefore it must be a dig at those people HPF. ?

I am very happy to say we've improved. I was a Puel inner for much of the time when others were outers but could see it was going to end as it did and ultimately that was for the best all round. He did make improvements in some key players and got us more comfortable on the ball. Whether Rodgers will realise his status as the great new hope remains to be seen, as often there is the new manager bounce we've seen before. Imo Tielemans has made a great difference on the field which has been the biggest factor. But if BR can continue to instil confidence and get improvements in the team then that's great. And I'll be very happy with that as should everyone be. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

i did Want Puel out. But maybe there was a time for him to be here. we can not deny his influence on the young players at the club... It could also be argued that would we have Tielemans if it wasn’t for Puel? Same could be said for Ricardo Pierera?

Maybe  Rodgers is reaping some of the groundwork that Puel put in place?

The image of the self made "man" is BS.... The greatest myth in the world. No one creates without the help and support of others.

Rodgers would be the first person to tell us that. Unfortunately most humans/football fans have short memories. The interconnectedness of things...just watch the field.

Claude Puel is a link in the chain of the future success of this team.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I was a Puel inner but we are in a much better place without him and the time was probably right for him to go.  I take no joy from anyone losing their job and I still believe Puel did lots of things that benefitted the club but he was fighting a losing battle and, in the end, it was right to get rid.  Most of what you say above is complete strawman stuff.  I wanted us to back Puel for longer but never said the players were shit, and was never blind to his faults.  You are arguing with the small percent of Puel inners who were OTT just as many of the inners argued with the "outers" who resorted to hyperbole and personal insults rather than fact based criticism.  I am always happy to admit when I was wrong and it looks like a very good decision in removing Puel.  Your comments about strength of character are very weird.  Most people who wanted Puel to stay felt he needed more time but I doubt many argued he was the Messiah.  As always on this forum, the most vocal people work in blacks and whites but most of us could see the grey.  X

Well said. Fully agreed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SO1 said:

Every team we face will be shitting themselves knowing they will need maximum effort to have a chance at any kind of result with us. I sense an energy or drive starting to build. Self belief. When I see it I can feel it inside.

Never believed I would see it so soon here. Today was a revelation for me. The building will continue and we will get better and better. I just want to see Pep and Jurgen cry

One of them, if not both will end up happy this season. Personally I’d like to see Liverpool win the title. Be a little bit of history that we and Brendan helped to create. Pep can have all the cups. 

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Oh give it a rest

Or he’s just a bit shit then. Personally I believe there is an explanation for his poor form beyond Clod. HM is a passer, a good footballer, should have fitted right in to Puel’s system and thrived. He hasn’t. What’s your explanation?

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I was a semi-inner, and I admit that Rodgers is doing a much better job.

Now it is your turn to accept that what Puel did during his tenure was indeed for the benefit of the club, just that he did not possess the necessary skills required to progress the project any further.

I don’t think he is cut out to manage in this day and age in the PL. I think he has proven he’s more of a director of football.

The positives of his time I would say are the signings that we are sure are to be down to him (not sure Maddison was his?) namely Ricardo and Tielemans, both both could be fantastic buys.

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Or he’s just a bit shit then. Personally I believe there is an explanation for his poor form beyond Clod. HM is a passer, a good footballer, should have fitted right in to Puel’s system and thrived. He hasn’t. What’s your explanation?

Think there’s a lot expected of him after the World Cup where he played absolutely out of his skin (in a back 3.) Played extremely well at Hull ( in a back 3.) I’d still suggest he’s had a good season here but maybe hasn’t been suited to our high line back 4. Although our fullbacks are an awesome weapon it can also leave our centre halves exposed quite high up the pitch. I’d sell Harry if we got offered obscene amounts of money but I’d be very happy for him to stay, our defence hasn’t been a problem this season and him + Evans is a quality pairing. So to your question, I think he’s had a 6-7/10 season could be a lot better but also a lot worse. Just didn’t think slating Harry was relevant after our phenomenal performance y’day. 

Anyway, Brendan is the man!

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I was a Puel inner but we are in a much better place without him and the time was probably right for him to go.  I take no joy from anyone losing their job and I still believe Puel did lots of things that benefitted the club but he was fighting a losing battle and, in the end, it was right to get rid.  Most of what you say above is complete strawman stuff.  I wanted us to back Puel for longer but never said the players were shit, and was never blind to his faults.  You are arguing with the small percent of Puel inners who were OTT just as many of the inners argued with the "outers" who resorted to hyperbole and personal insults rather than fact based criticism.  I am always happy to admit when I was wrong and it looks like a very good decision in removing Puel.  Your comments about strength of character are very weird.  Most people who wanted Puel to stay felt he needed more time but I doubt many argued he was the Messiah.  As always on this forum, the most vocal people work in blacks and whites but most of us could see the grey.  X

Couldn't have put it better myself. Great post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

One of them, if not both will end up happy this season. Personally I’d like to see Liverpool win the title. Be a little bit of history that we and Brendan helped to create. Pep can have all the cups. 

I'm not sure I would. I like our small, exclusive Premier League winner's club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1