Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester City 2-0 bournemouth post match thread

Comfortable performance, I was quite surprised with how poor Bournemouth were.

More glimpses of real quality when it came to the final third but really we should've had more. Barnes was dangerous but we didn't get him on the ball enough, same with Gray, Maddison got in great areas but his end product was woeful.

Ndidi, Ricardo and Tielemans were the standouts, Morgan and Evans looked solid.

This is a team that seem to be enjoying themselves right now, Brendan has quickly implemented his style and so far it's working.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Bringing in a creative player like Tielemans has really made Ndidi shine again, those two and Maddison absolutely dominated the midfield. 

Interestingly Puel brought him in and the lineup now is not so much different to Puel’s generally. Puel was on to something but he couldn’t quite unlock it - stuck in his mind with needing to have two DMs much of the time until very late in the day.  

AO2Z9390.JPG

Wes going for Vardy's record!

Bournemouth are a good side, we could easily gone in level at half time with Kasper producing a point blank reaction save and with their winging skipping inside Ricardo we looked quite fragile at times first half. Though attackingwise we were potent, fast and determined, we could just have easily gone in at half time another couple of goals to the good. Second half Bournemouth werent in it as well as they were, our lads played the game right and we got 3 points, a clean sheet and about time we beat Bournemouth. Beautiful day

Hard to say MotM. Wilf, Maddison, Tielemans all superb. Gray looked electric at times in the first half

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Comfortable performance, I was quite surprised with how poor Bournemouth were.

More glimpses of real quality when it came to the final third but really we should've had more. Barnes was dangerous but we didn't get him on the ball enough, same with Gray, Maddison got in great areas but his end product was woeful.

Ndidi, Ricardo and Tielemans were the standouts, Morgan and Evans looked solid.

This is a team that seem to be enjoying themselves right now, Brendan has quickly implemented his style and so far it's working.

Agree generally although I don’t think we have seen the true Roger’s style yet. He has really been using the same team as Puel had, and playing similar possession football. But he has added a bit more aggression and confidence into our players. We still do a bit too much back passing for my liking (Chilwell and Evans in particular), but in time I think Rogers will cut out some of that.

The performances are continually improving and this was the best one yet.

This team and manager well and truly on their way to banishing the ghost of Puel.

Its amazing how much Rodgers has turned around with the right approach and attitude towards players because this is Puels team but Rodgers is getting far more out of them than Puel ever could.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree generally although I don’t think we have seen the true Roger’s style yet. He has really been using the same team as Puel had, and playing similar possession football. But he has added a bit more aggression and confidence into our players. We still do a bit too much back passing for my liking (Chilwell and Evans in particular), but in time I think Rogers will cut out some of that.

Don’t think he will - passing it around when you’re winning at home is very different to when you aren’t ..... that’s the main difference 

• Like 1

4 pages and no one has mentioned the abberation that were Eddie Howe's trousers/tights. 

As for the game, best home performance of the season. Absolutely suffocated them with the intelligent pressing. That's the most noticeable change since Rodgers arrived. 

N'Didi was sensational, Ricardo and Tielemans not far behind 

• Like 3

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! - what a beautiful day

Brendan Rogers makes all the players better and the most important thing is that he has brought back

the joy of football to the players and also to the fans in the King Power Stadium....what a great atmosphere

:scarf:     we are smiling    :scarf:

• Like 3

The difference is one tempo and two wilf is the holder the full backs do a bit more full backing until the chance is there and Mads and Teieman are well forward and picking up a lot of ball because the width is there to give the space .Pretty simple but looked good today.Vardy missed a couple of sitters though but did really well with the goal .Simple accurate ball from Teileman easy peasy

Disappointing lack of clinical finishing, we've got to get better at converting good positions in to goals. But I guess that'll hopefully come over time under Rodgers. 

It was a beautiful performance to watch, some lovely football, our midfield was possibly the best it's been in any game since the title win. 

Tielmans and Ndidi compliment each other so well. They let each other be their best selves it's great to watch. 

Genuinely be gutted if Tielmans doesn't sign but on today's evidence he could and probably should be playing for a champions league team tbf, he was just superb.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

4 pages and no one has mentioned the abberation that were Eddie Howe's trousers/tights. 

As for the game, best home performance of the season. Absolutely suffocated them with the intelligent pressing. That's the most noticeable change since Rodgers arrived. 

N'Didi was sensational, Ricardo and Tielemans not far behind 

I was.more concerned with what we're in his tights