Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 2-2 post Match Thread

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Glad to see that Harvs responded positively and didn't lose confidence in being dropped. Nacho looked sharper when he came on I thought. 

Would have been difficult to look more rusty..

• Haha 1

Guest Cujek
3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What a player Vards has been for this football club. Can’t believe the number of chumps who doubted him.

I think he could be my all time favourite player. 

The season he struggled I think made him what he is today 

2-2 at the running club, fair result in the end. Poor first half lacking in intent and endeavour. West Ham weren’t great, they just had more gumption first half which was disappointing. Much better after the equaliser. Two well worked and well finished goals, late goals on the road are very satisfying!! Sounds like we were lucky with the offside goal, but who cares. Another assist for Tielemans as well. Maybe harsh on Maguire but I thought he got drawn to the ball for the first goal leaving Chilwell marking their best header of the ball 

56 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I only dipped in and out of the match thread, as my stream was a bit laggy and it ruins it if you find out about a goal before you see it. 

However, on my stream, it was former Hammer Tony Gale as a co-commentator. 

Talking about what a great bloke Trevor Brooking is, and having a laugh about the colour of his "dickie dirt", and generally giving West Ham the benefit of most doubts. 

Probably whilst wearing a pearly coat and eating some whelks. :rolleyes:

I struggle to recall a Leicester legend with a Leicester accent biasedly commentating on any of our games. Ever. 

Yet Sky and BT, and now the foreign telly, seem to put supporters of one or the other team (but never of Leicester City) in the co-commentator's chair quite often. 

It's a minor irritation, but it grates.  

Go neutral. 

I don't think he was that biased, he is sometimes on Sky isn't he decent commentator overall.

• Like 2

I’d love to know Rodgers thinking for swapping the wingers today. Albrighton usually plays on the left and Gray the right but they stayed in the inverse all game long. Barnes usually plays on the left for us but got his goal from the right. 

I assumed it was for the “inverse winger” approach ala Robben and Ribery to have more efforts on goal but perhaps it was trying to exploit a weakness from West Ham? It’s not like either Gray or Albrighton peppered their goal with efforts. 

Will be interesting to see if Gray keeps his place. I thought he was OK and people being a bit harsh on him. He won the ball back plenty though was in “headless chicken” mode somewhat in the final third. Albrighton I thought was good considering it was his first game back. Combined well with Ricardo and almost unlocked the door a few times. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think he was that biased, he is sometimes on Sky isn't he decent commentator overall.

I thought he was very fair,understood the game plans of both teams and called it right.

He's certainly better than some of the so called experts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I only dipped in and out of the match thread, as my stream was a bit laggy and it ruins it if you find out about a goal before you see it. 

However, on my stream, it was former Hammer Tony Gale as a co-commentator. 

Talking about what a great bloke Trevor Brooking is, and having a laugh about the colour of his "dickie dirt", and generally giving West Ham the benefit of most doubts. 

Probably whilst wearing a pearly coat and eating some whelks. :rolleyes:

I struggle to recall a Leicester legend with a Leicester accent biasedly commentating on any of our games. Ever. 

Yet Sky and BT, and now the foreign telly, seem to put supporters of one or the other team (but never of Leicester City) in the co-commentator's chair quite often. 

It's a minor irritation, but it grates.  

Go neutral. 

Tony Gale is an absolute berk. 

Probably 2nd only to Barry Glendenning in terms of how much I dislike someone involved in football media. 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Real quality. He knew exactly when to make the run and exactly where the keeper was.

Tremendous goal

Note he drifted offside in the build up so that when Chilwell delivered the cross, the defender had lost his run .... this is something vardy has mentioned re Rodgers coaching technique  

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Not had the (dis)pleasure myself. Is it really that rubbish ??

It's just a weird atmosphere. When they (or we) got going it wasn't as awful, but there were parts where it was deathly silent. Felt like a training exercise. Personally think that stadium is too big for them.

• Like 1

Think Gray is a getting a bit of unwarranted stick. He didn't do anything wrong today, he just didn't do a whole lot. Defensive side of his game has definitely improved this season, but he's just not making much of an impact offensively. 

• Like 3

Just now, CloudFox said:

Think Gray is a getting a bit of unwarranted stick. He didn't do anything wrong today, he just didn't do a whole lot. Defensive side of his game has definitely improved this season, but he's just not making much of an impact offensively. 

When winger makes no impact offensively it means that he is doing something wrong,right? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He's not as good as he thinks. He's not as good as we want him to be. He not as good as we thought he would be.

He has improved defensively this season but his progress could have been better. He is working hard although not always effectively.

He's lower-mid table Premier League quality, an under-21 England international and he's 22.

How annoyed you are with him depends on your expectation of him.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

Good game to watch with a high tempo from the start. A poor goal to concede from our point. Ricardo let him get the cross in. Maguire moved out of the centre leaving Chilwell mis matched against Antonio. Then Kasper dives with the ball down at his feet. Why didn't he just block it.

Tielemans was poor but like all good players still finds a way to get the job done.

I think he'll be all the better for a full pre-season with us.

Superb finish from Vardy when he only had a half chance.

great to see Harvey get off the mark.

all looking good for the future.